corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
7th Nov 16 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose - its still shit though mate
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 16 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I haven’t even got to the best bit yet: it’s a Fiesta, which means it has an absolutely stupendous chassis. Maybe the chassis in a Porsche 918 Spyder is a bit better. And there’s no doubt the Ferrari 458 Italia has a peach too. But the little Ford is in the same league — it really is."

sc0ott

7th Nov 16 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good cars the fiestas.
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
You could lease a golf r for less

i can't get the figures to add up for leasing, i know the car will devalue, but i'd rather not have to watch my mileage. If i get the 1.0, nothing will change for me, apart from not having some cash sat in an account earning not very much interest. If anything i'll have more money to spend each month

it 6p a mile over at ford, not worth worrying about too much unless your going like 10k over
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 16 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i worked out 10k miles is £720, so not too bad really. The 6p a mile is without vat
whitter45

7th Nov 16 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will never see 60mpg mate

More like half that - they drink fuel

Pcp/leasing/buying done to death on here

Brand new or nearly brand it's a massive depreciatin asset so would sooner just pay off he depr caution

3 years older than you are going to get the reward of buying

I wouldnt be buying a less than 1 year old fiesta in which there are shite loads on the road but each to their own
JayCarr

7th Nov 16 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 2014 Fiesta Sportvan and love it, handles really well and looks pretty cool for a van with all the Zetec S bodywork. Mine has the 1.6 Diesel engine and computer says I average 57mpg. Such a small tank though, constantly filling up.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Figured out if i get a brand new ST line on PCP for 3yrs it will cost me about £12k and walk away without a car.

Looking at doing over 45,000miles in 3yrs.

For £11,500 i can buy one with 11,000miles on it, own it outright, not sure what it'll be worth in 3yrs time but if its worth £3k then i'm sure i'm better off.

Don't look at PCP then Jim - look at PCH (Personal Contract Hire) instead.

A brand new Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 140 ST-Line Navigation (hell of a name!) is £162.54 a month on a 6+35 deal, so that's £1155.24 as a deposit. Over 3 years, it'll total £6844.14 for the car (minus servicing and tyres etc - tax is included). That's on a 15k/year deal as you've stated you'll do too.

I'd personally be amazed if you owned a car and it lost less than that over the 3 years in depreciation. That's also the first deal I've come across on a generic leasing website - sure there's probably better deals out there too.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/neva-direct/ford/fiesta/131711101/

I actually got the best deal on my Octavia from a Skoda dealer - looked on line, found the best deal I could, haggled them down lower, then went into my local dealer on the off chance they'd compete with it and they offered it for £1/month less. Obviously the £24 didn't bother me, but it then meant I had an actual person I could speak to about the order rather than it being email only like a lot of online retailers.
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Yes because my 66 plate evoque and 15 plate insignia both break down regularly.....

Your 2003 z4 must be much better..... which is surprising as its only 6 years newer than my evo.... which infact has an evo 7 engine from around the same year as your car?

And my 1978 kadett never broke down once? But i look forward to it being on the road.... as i wont have to tax it

Maybe you should paint your rag top or possibly get your dad to fix your car again for you instead of posting shite because i wouldnt spend £11k on a fucking 1.0 fiesta with red bits

[Edited on 07-11-2016 by taylorboosh]

like I've said a million times before, I drive my Z4 because I enjoy it, not because I care about how much co2 it emits or its fuel economy.

Could quite easily get a cheap focus St/Mustang through work if I wanted, but I see no need whilst the car I run as a daily is perfectly adequate for now.

Btw, it's a 66 plate evoque with tiny alloys and indian interior

P.s my Z4 only ever broke down once and that was me switching the engine off as it overheated. That was about 4 years ago, so unsure where you made the assumption it's always being fixed? Perhaps you're upset because your mate didn't come round to dress some of the Bodywork on the Vauxhall thing?

[Edited on 07-11-2016 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John D you have wasted countless more money buying old shitters, then spending money on them and then selling after a few months.

dont try and tell me you make profit on them either, heard that one many times.

[Edited on 07-11-2016 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 16 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:
Figured out if i get a brand new ST line on PCP for 3yrs it will cost me about £12k and walk away without a car.

Looking at doing over 45,000miles in 3yrs.

For £11,500 i can buy one with 11,000miles on it, own it outright, not sure what it'll be worth in 3yrs time but if its worth £3k then i'm sure i'm better off.

Don't look at PCP then Jim - look at PCH (Personal Contract Hire) instead.

A brand new Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 140 ST-Line Navigation (hell of a name!) is £162.54 a month on a 6+35 deal, so that's £1155.24 as a deposit. Over 3 years, it'll total £6844.14 for the car (minus servicing and tyres etc - tax is included). That's on a 15k/year deal as you've stated you'll do too.

I'd personally be amazed if you owned a car and it lost less than that over the 3 years in depreciation. That's also the first deal I've come across on a generic leasing website - sure there's probably better deals out there too.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/neva-direct/ford/fiesta/131711101/

I actually got the best deal on my Octavia from a Skoda dealer - looked on line, found the best deal I could, haggled them down lower, then went into my local dealer on the off chance they'd compete with it and they offered it for £1/month less. Obviously the £24 didn't bother me, but it then meant I had an actual person I could speak to about the order rather than it being email only like a lot of online retailers.

That does seem a good deal actually. Do you get to spec the car you want and how long does that sort of thing take before you get the car?
Ben G

7th Nov 16 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a decent deal if you want to lease.

As an example, for the same car on pcp for an employee renewing their car, it's as follows:

Deposit: £166
36 monthly payments: £166
Mileage p.a: 6,000.

£6142 total.

[Edited on 07-11-2016 by Ben G]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, you can add to the spec - you simply pay the price of the options over the duration of the lease, so if you add £720 of options, that'd be £20 a month extra for the 3 years.

Placing an order is no different to a new factory order to purchase etc. Mine was approx 12 weeks, but you can normally find lease companies with stock, but you obviously are stuck with the options that vehicle has.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd personally be amazed if you owned a car and it lost less than that over the 3 years in depreciation.

How are the lease companies making any money if they are not making profit on the depreciation?
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 16 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan to wax the shit out of it, so feeling i'd rather own the car
Baskey

7th Nov 16 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
I'd personally be amazed if you owned a car and it lost less than that over the 3 years in depreciation.

How are the lease companies making any money if they are not making profit on the depreciation?

They buy in bulk so get get the cars cheaper
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 16 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i'm going to buy 10 fiestas, need 9 people on here to rent a fiesta off me.
taylorboosh

7th Nov 16 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
John D you have wasted countless more money buying old shitters, then spending money on them and then selling after a few months.

dont try and tell me you make profit on them either, heard that one many times.

[Edited on 07-11-2016 by Steve]

I made profit on my corsa sri and gsi?

I very rarely buy new parts so if for instance i was sto split my kadett id still get back what i have in it... absolute rotters are going £3k plus without tunning
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

7th Nov 16 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why does that matter if it's cheaper to lease? I know I don't give a shit how they make money, it just worked out cheaper for me in my current car.
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy from that leasing link rang me up last night, spent quite a while on the phone and it does seem to be the best deal around, £975 deposit and then £162 a month for 3yrs, or £200 with maintenance.

Salesman was probably the most helpful/normal person i've dealt with so far, the salesmen at VW and Ford just seem a bit like they are having a crisis
taylorboosh

8th Nov 16 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing is they take 20 weeks, well mine did
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i'll be buying something anyway tbh
Ben G

8th Nov 16 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiesta will probably take around 8 weeks from factory to forecourt.
3CorsaMeal

8th Nov 16 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got that much time, at least with a used one the £5-6k depreciation has mostly happened already
Steve
Premium Member

8th Nov 16 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why does that matter if it's cheaper to lease? I know I don't give a shit how they make money, it just worked out cheaper for me in my current car.

You dont need to care, you just need to realise they do make money else they wouldnt exist, and the only way they can make money is to make it back on the depreciation profit.

If you think you are leasing a car for less than depreciation, you are mistaken

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not a Fiesta project - Cleaned & Badged 22 database queries in 0.1023011 seconds