corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which turbo for a LET?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which turbo for a LET?
jay.jay

User status: Offline
19th Oct 16 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the process of rebuilding the C20LET in my corsa, I'm unsure which turbo is best to use in the build. I won a cheap genuine gt28r from an s15/Nissan of some description on eBay but it needs a rebuild, it's apparently a hybrid although I don't know what work has been done to it, all I can see is the waste gate has been welded shut which is fine as I'll be using external gate whatever turbo I go for. I'm aiming for the 350/400bhp figure, so my question is will this GT28r be any good for that sort of power? or am I looking at something a bit bigger like a gt30 etc?
Also are the copy turbos from eBay really that bad? Has any one got any experience with one?

The engine will have forged pistons and rods, lighter flywheel, xe inlet cam with potentially some head work, FMIC, larger inlet, bigger injectors, 3" exhaust etc
jay.jay

User status: Offline
24th Oct 16 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?

New Poll