corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Emergency running programme

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Emergency running programme
Brumbassen

User status: Offline
12th Sep 16 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Opel Corsa 1,7 CDTI from 2009.
Overall I’m satisfied with the car. But it has started doing something strange when I attach my caravan.
My Corsa must go with 1300 kg on the hook and my Caravan has a total weight of 1250 kg.
The problem is that after a while on the highway. (Appr. 2 hours) the indicator for “Fault in engine or transmission electronics.” Lights up and the engine switch to emergency running programme.
If I stop the engine and start it again, the problem is gone for the next couple of hours.

In the beginning. (Maybe half a year ago) the problem wasn’t there while I was driving with the caravan, but it appeared within the next couple of days instead. But it was only one time that it lights up.

When driving from and to work, there are no problems. My own idea is that the motor / transmission gets “stressed” But it might be a sensor, indicates it wrong, as it should be able to drive with the caravan.

Any of you having any ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Sep 16 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common for automatics to get hot, is this auto or manual?
Brumbassen

13th Sep 16 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's manual transmission

New Poll