corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mitsibushi L200

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mitsibushi L200
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
10th Sep 16 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost certain i want a post 2012 onwards VW amarok highline in black, plus some nudges bars I've seen.

Will get audi back on road first and then when corrado is sorted i will get rid of audi. Amarok might be a little cheaper by then.
3CorsaMeal

11th Sep 16 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Sep 16 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Bit broad of you to say Nivara have engine issues. Concidering there's three different Mk's and anout 10 different engines between them all...
Same as any car. Get one that's been looked after and there fine.

Okay, sorry for offering some input. I stand corrected, they're all fucking mint and if you buy one that's been looked after they'll be absolutely awesome.

Care to elaborate abit then mate Rather than just saying they have shit engines?
Which engine do you think is shit exactly? And why?

Well 'mate' I'll tell you how and why I have said what I've said as I haven't gone into that much deep research to be able to provide you with detail you require, and for that lack of forsight I deeply apologise.

A few months ago I was looking to chop my vectra vxr in as funnily enough I was smarting from having to pay thousands to rectify another engine issue that people like you would argue is internet bluff and bluster. So I test drove a few pickups and apart from fuel consumption there was/is very little between them.

Long story short I live in a very rural location surrounded by many a farm yacker so I have a wide selection of neighbours who have many many many years of experience with these cars. The guy down the road said he loathes the day he bought his as it spends more time in the local dealership than out. No other owner I spoke to had a good word to say about them. Issues with chains or crank bearings or just plain engine failure.

L200 got good feedback bar fuel consumption and shite dealer backup. So that's why I picked an Isuzu. I wanted a Ranger but they had a 12 month wait so fuck that.

Hope that goes someway to explaining what I said. But I did ask real life owners and everything.

You seem like your getting worked up over this mate. . .
I wasn't really having a go or anything, and as for the "people like you" comment.
I work for Nissan. And work on Nivaras a fair bit as most of the lads in my dealership don't like working on them or vans. So most of the work on them comes to me first. So I know them really well.
We Have had a couple of the D22's wth the ZD30 engines in recently with big miles that are doing timing chains. The only common issue we can find with all the ones that have stretched chains? Little to no service history or they've been doing the servicing themselfs with piss poor quality oil.
If you use poor oil or don't change them regularly they Coke up the oil and if blocks the tensioner stretching the chain.

DaveyLC

12th Sep 16 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

My misses is craving one of these.. They are still a bit too rich at the moment, when they break the £10k mark for a decent example I might take the plunge
3CorsaMeal

12th Sep 16 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm think nearer christmas time, what i want is about £16k at the moment, although i could use my £10k, should get about £2k for the audi, Checked a halifax loan for £7500 over 3yrs and its about £200 a month, total pay back about £7800, which is pretty good really
kennySRi

12th Sep 16 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For that budget you need to look at ford rangers. I drove one for a few months last year and loved it. Very nearly bought one earlier this year I was that impressed with it.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 16 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also considering an FV432, seems to be around £5k, not great fuel consumption but mot and tax exempt and road legal. Probably not a daily, could keep it up a mates farm when i'm not using it

Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 16 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a guy selling an Alvis Saracen on Facebook but he sounds a sheer bellend, talking about driving it on a car licence and it not being road registered but who is going to stop you.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 16 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you can drive it on car licence but need someone with a category H licence with you. Not sure what's involved in the cat h licence but read something that said it was cheap and pretty simple.
GB123
Premium Member

13th Sep 16 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Category H is for tracked vehicles but a Saracen has 6 wheels so it'd be more of a weight thing with that I would've thought
Ben G

13th Sep 16 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So you want a gypo wagon?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 16 at 02:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think you can drive it on car licence but need someone with a category H licence with you. Not sure what's involved in the cat h licence but read something that said it was cheap and pretty simple.

Perhaps my objection was unclear.

By car licence he means you'll pass prior to a certain date (he said 1993 which is bollocks, its 1997) and get more entitlements.

Which is also bollocks as if its 12t you'd need C do you'd not have that anyway.

Basically no clue.
3CorsaMeal

14th Sep 16 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't even ride a 50cc bike on my license, think i'm allowed car and a milk float, no trailers either
Ojc

14th Sep 16 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can ride a moped, did you pass before Feb 2001?
3CorsaMeal

14th Sep 16 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

15th Sep 16 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then yes
DaveyLC

15th Sep 16 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can't even ride a 50cc bike on my license, think i'm allowed car and a milk float, no trailers either

if it says 'fkp' you can ride a ped.
3CorsaMeal

15th Sep 16 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked and it says fkp. I always thought I had to do a cbt test
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 16 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do if you dont have a car license that covers it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mitsibushi L200 22 database queries in 0.0138311 seconds