corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mitsibushi L200

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mitsibushi L200
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
7th Sep 16 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any experience of these?

Thinking i might get a more practical vehicle with room to move stuff around, like corrado engines.

Keep going back to land rovers but not so sure i want one. So thinking estate car or pickup truck, looked at a Hummer but they are LHD and american, plus a bit expensive for what i want, £10k would be top limit budget but thinking i'd rather spend nearer £5k
3CorsaMeal

7th Sep 16 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or Navara, seems similar sort of thing
noshua

7th Sep 16 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate had one few years ago. Think it was all alright but shit on fuel
Jimbothebarbarian

7th Sep 16 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Navara have engine issues and are thirsty, L200 thirsty. I bought a Isuzu D-max because they're not as thirsty. My veccy vxr was getting 20ish mpg the D-max gets about 34mpg normal day to day.

They are very practical but they not exactly sporty or remotely nippy to drive.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Sep 16 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have 10k spare to spank on a motor yet you still live with your parents? Even Stephen has managed to move out ffs. Some folk baffle me!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Sep 16 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit broad of you to say Nivara have engine issues. Concidering there's three different Mk's and anout 10 different engines between them all...
Same as any car. Get one that's been looked after and there fine.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Sep 16 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bed on these (and the Navara) is actually really high; by far the most practical in this range is the Ford Ranger as the bed height is lower making it much easier to get things in and out. Whilst it isn't in your price range, the new Ranger is awesome looking for a pick-up; almost like one of the US 350 Raptor style pick-ups.
3CorsaMeal

7th Sep 16 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
You have 10k spare to spank on a motor yet you still live with your parents? Even Stephen has managed to move out ffs. Some folk baffle me!

Indian families do it, I'm just embracing the culture. Saves paying a fortune to be worse off. I can see why people in small family houses move out asap though. Normally involves vaginas.

taylorboosh

7th Sep 16 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad has a l200, he loves it, ive driven it - its ok but a bit agricultural which you expect.... Thirsty as said

Not my kind of car.... Buy a combo van
3CorsaMeal

7th Sep 16 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Onto freelanders now
RichR
Premium Member

7th Sep 16 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about sticking with VAG in that case and going for a Touareg?
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Sep 16 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always feel pickups have a high floor, check you're OK with that.
Jimbothebarbarian

8th Sep 16 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Bit broad of you to say Nivara have engine issues. Concidering there's three different Mk's and anout 10 different engines between them all...

Okay, sorry for offering some input. I stand corrected, they're all fucking mint and if you buy one that's been looked after they'll be absolutely awesome.
DaveyLC

8th Sep 16 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone who owns one seems quite happy to tell me how shitty and unreliable they are..

They do look cool as fuck though.

HTH
DaveyLC

8th Sep 16 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and the driving position is awful, its like you're sitting on the floor!
DaveyLC

8th Sep 16 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I always feel pickups have a high floor, check you're OK with that.

Its a Japanese thing.. The seat always feels like its literally sat right on the floor pan.. Its horrible.
sc0ott

8th Sep 16 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spend 5-10k buying a pickup to transport rusty car parts about why not just use the money to buy a clean, well looked after corrado.
DaveyLC

8th Sep 16 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not buy a Caddy Life or one of the Citroen/Pug bread vans with seats?

You'll have the benefit of being able to have a normal insurance policy and it wont drive like a milk crate.
3CorsaMeal

8th Sep 16 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VW Amarok, they seem quite nice
3CorsaMeal

8th Sep 16 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Spend 5-10k buying a pickup to transport rusty car parts about why not just use the money to buy a clean, well looked after corrado.

Apart from the guy with the £24k BMW M5 engine, i reckon i have the cleanest, most non-rusty engine and car parts on here.

Pic wot i took.

MINT
taylorboosh

8th Sep 16 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think ben bigron, col004 or tom does tbh
Generation

8th Sep 16 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any of those cars even moved within last 6 months?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Sep 16 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:

Okay, sorry for offering some input. I stand corrected, they're all fucking mint and if you buy one that's been looked after they'll be absolutely awesome.

Care to elaborate abit then mate Rather than just saying they have shit engines?
Which engine do you think is shit exactly? And why?

ShEp

9th Sep 16 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Older d22 that has issues wasn't it?
Jimbothebarbarian

9th Sep 16 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:

Care to elaborate abit then mate Rather than just saying they have shit engines?
Which engine do you think is shit exactly? And why?

Well 'mate' I'll tell you how and why I have said what I've said as I haven't gone into that much deep research to be able to provide you with detail you require, and for that lack of forsight I deeply apologise.

A few months ago I was looking to chop my vectra vxr in as funnily enough I was smarting from having to pay thousands to rectify another engine issue that people like you would argue is internet bluff and bluster. So I test drove a few pickups and apart from fuel consumption there was/is very little between them.

Long story short I live in a very rural location surrounded by many a farm yacker so I have a wide selection of neighbours who have many many many years of experience with these cars. The guy down the road said he loathes the day he bought his as it spends more time in the local dealership than out. No other owner I spoke to had a good word to say about them. Issues with chains or crank bearings or just plain engine failure.

L200 got good feedback bar fuel consumption and shite dealer backup. So that's why I picked an Isuzu. I wanted a Ranger but they had a 12 month wait so fuck that.

Hope that goes someway to explaining what I said. But I did ask real life owners and everything.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mitsibushi L200 22 database queries in 0.1936018 seconds