corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B front wings welded on?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B front wings welded on?
VoicelessGrapefruit

User status: Offline
31st Jul 16 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The driver side front wing on my 2000 Corsa B has some rust damage and and I plan on swapping it over with one from a scrappy. From what I have read the front wings are meant to be just bolted on, but after taking a look my front wings are seam welded to the strut turrets. The welds are colour matched too. Has this been done by a previous owner or are the tutorials incorrect about them just being bolt-on? Or am I thick and the welds aren't on the wing (definitely look like they are though). Don't want to spend 30-40 quid on a replacement panel if I can't get the old one off.

Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 31-07-2016 by VoicelessGrapefruit]
16vKarlos

31st Jul 16 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post a couple of pictures bud, it may be an after,arked thing some nutter has done.
VoicelessGrapefruit

1st Aug 16 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I feel like a right idiot, turns out its mastic. Can only imagine how many people read this thread and facepalmed Problem solved.

[Edited on 01-08-2016 by VoicelessGrapefruit]

New Poll