corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Pokemon Go!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pokemon Go!
Tiger

User status: Offline
17th Jul 16 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'd started boozing when Pokemon originally came out. And for that reason, I'm out....
Jason x
Premium Member

17th Jul 16 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't even imagine having an app called "Pokemon" on my phone
R Lee

18th Jul 16 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it is nerdy, but who gives a shit. I love games

Had a few cringe encounters.
Finishing work, 1am etc. Thinking it'll be quiet outside one of my Pokemon gyms. I'll have a battle. Nope! Other cars already parked up.
Paedo moments, pulling up outside gyms. Single kid there. Nope! Pretend to drive down the wrong road.
Rare Pokemon cropping up, whip my phone out. Getting cheap thrills. Death glares from disapproving parents
The wife cringes every time we're out for walks and I slyly get my phone out. She "hates" it, however, she's the one that shouts "STOP! There's another one!" When she's watching for me in the car

Still great fun though.
Cavey

18th Jul 16 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ridiculous and childish. But who cares. And of course it's a fad it'll probably only last a month or so but it's quite entertaining for me why I'll doing it. Is very weird going to the little shops near us and groups of people stood around staring at their phones.

Went to a park over the weekend and saw some people older than me (33) who were playing it. Told us there was a psyduck by the lake

Very strange circumstances and the wife just shakes her head. I think she wants to play it but has backed herself into a corner and now can't admit to it
Bart

18th Jul 16 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Went to a park over the weekend and saw some people older than me (33) who were playing it. Told us there was a psyduck by the lake

My misses said the same today, took our daughter to the park which was filled with adults playing the game
Cavey

18th Jul 16 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a very strange world we live in today
kz

18th Jul 16 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you've hatched an egg, where does it go? Done two today and no idea what they hatched into
Cavey

19th Jul 16 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of mine seemed (ironically) to have been another incubator. Had Rattata. Some plant man thing. And Jigglypuff in a few of mine
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jul 16 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the concept is fantastic, Pokemon branding aside this is something that merges the genetic obsession with collecting stuff and the recent fad with "fitbit" style apps to get people out and about.

The app does seem to be poorly executed though, had several crashes/login failures and general inconsistency of the app. I assume it's not just me/my phone as I've heard similar complaints.

The battling seems a little weak/wet, and the fact that the app seems to require you to have the screen unlocked and focussed on the app for the walking mileage to take effect seems like it's asking for trouble (people walking out in front of trains etc )

With a bit of work, this could be fantastic. Being Pokemon branded applies to a (very large) demographic but certainly excludes many people too.

I'd like to see a World of Warcraft version

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
LukesCorsaSXi

20th Jul 16 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love it. Currently lvl 16, highest is a 900 odd Flareon.
kz

20th Jul 16 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't opened it for a few days now. I believe the fad is over for me.

Kind Regards,

Olly
R Lee

21st Jul 16 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy I know, is a hermit. Never exercises, always playing pc games.
He's covered over 20 miles in walking over the past few days!!! The game is certainly working for those geeks!
Aaron

24th Jul 16 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh

oJNAo
Premium Member

24th Jul 16 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Level 22 and I take gyms for fun
Generation

24th Jul 16 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play it, find t quite addictive and it's nice to
Play when going for a walk - I.e leaving the house.

I find it strange how some people
Seem to get angry about people playing it.

Reminds me kids at school, force themselves to hate anything popular and insult people enjoying themselves.
I don't own an Xbox or PS4, yet I don't call people sad for sitting in doors playing games...
tom130691
Premium Member

25th Jul 16 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Level 22 and I take gyms for fun

im only 16 but I do this aswell, my bag has loads of revives, id rather use them than discard them
sc0ott

25th Jul 16 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The game is shit imho.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 16 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I play it, find t quite addictive and it's nice to
Play when going for a walk - I.e leaving the house.

I find it strange how some people
Seem to get angry about people playing it.

Reminds me kids at school, force themselves to hate anything popular and insult people enjoying themselves.
I don't own an Xbox or PS4, yet I don't call people sad for sitting in doors playing games...

Why do you keep posting in such a retarded layout? Like you're trying to compose a poem

[Edited on 25-07-2016 by Steve]
kz

25th Jul 16 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got into a bit of a routine with this now. I mean you can't look at it like a traditional game... where 9/10 I'm having a shit whilst playing Angry Birds or New Star Soccer.

This game is best played with my girlfriend when we're out on a walk at the weekend. It gives us something to do rather than aimlessly walking about in fact just on Sunday we saw one of her old mates she hadn't seen for over a year and had a chat as we were all playing it!

The makers of this have said they consciously didn't call it a fitness app because they thought no one would play it... but they wanted it to be a social game to go out and meet others and explore places you might not have been before.

I'm sure it's still a fad... but it's alright, you know.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 16 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Met up with a colleague in Leeds today, my first experience of Pokemon Go in a city.

First off, us country folk are proper bummed on this game I've got to get in a car to my nearest Pokestop and there are millions of the damn things in Leeds, and Pokemon jumping out all over the place. In my garden/village I've only ever seen weedles and the little rat bastards, but I had all sorts trying it on. Found a squirtle, one of the few I remember from playing the gameboy version and the fucking bastard ran away after he resisted my first ball. My first runner, gutted.

Each wall, bench and clean bit of floor was just lined with people of all ages glaring at their phones, I bet parks have never been so busy!

I wandered off, caught a few Pokemon then looked up from my screen to find myself miles from anywhere with no idea how to get back to my car Covered about 10km on foot today, so yeah I can see how people are getting fit with this game.

Fair play, but I still think the app is clunky as fuck and needs more work.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 16 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not getting anyone fit, walking around is just what normal people should be doing. If anyone is getting fit from that they have some sort of existing health problem.
Ellis

26th Jul 16 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A young lad walked clean out into the middle of road in front of my car looking for Pokémon yesterday. Not long before there will be a fatality with this shit. I don't play games on consoles or my phone so struggle to understand it. Don't people have hobbies anymore?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Jul 16 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Its not getting anyone fit, walking around is just what normal people should be doing. If anyone is getting fit from that they have some sort of existing health problem.

Normal people don't walk round with no purpose though. Pokemon is making people do exercise they wouldn't ordinarily do. The amount of children i see out now playing on phones is huge its 100% made a difference to what children and adults are doing.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 16 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walking around, with a purpose or not, is not exercise.

Yes I know some sources claim it to be, but its not really is it, certainly not any sort of notable activity. Its just so fat people can point at it and pretend they are doing exercise.

[Edited on 26-07-2016 by Steve]
Ellis

26th Jul 16 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of people walk around without playing Pokémon, myself included.

Fat people need phone games to get them out of the house.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll