corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top gear tonight

Poll: Top gear tonight
Yes 11 (44%)
No 14 (56%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top gear tonight
BeetleGav

User status: Offline
30th May 16 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched an episode of fifth gear earlier and I prefered it to last night, Evans just kept trying to copy clarkson, they said when they took over it was going to be totally different but it wasn't at all. Even the intro where clarkson would normally say something stupid like "James May wears a hat.... Richard Hammond wears a hat" was copied by Evans.

It was shite
Ben G

30th May 16 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. That annoyed.me straight away, Gav.

Tonight.....I chase matt......and.......Matt chases me........and we chase eachother.....

Fuck off you sad cunts, get your own jokes.
3CorsaMeal

30th May 16 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will watch it next week to see if it improves before i email them my suggestions along with a letter from my mum to explain what is going on.
Ben G

30th May 16 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch the episode with the Hoonigan Mustang drifting around my work. Got some awesome vids of it from work colleagues.
Jimbothebarbarian

30th May 16 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me giggle all this, I bet if they'd totally revamped the whole show you'd all be whining on about how shite it is and how it should've been like the old format.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th May 16 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched it tonight, was a bit meh.

Found myself forum browsing and stuff on my phone after 20mins, not too precious about them matching the old format as long as the content was good.

Vette'/Viper review was fine until the dogfight bit. Would have much preferred just a race or whatever.

Not sure Sabine is fit for mainstream TV - she's a bit rough to look at and awkward sounding. Maybe if we get to see her doing some proper driving on a circuit or whatever we'll see her value.

Matt le Blanc didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would, but the US vs UK bit was just a bit weird. What relevance did the Robins' have?

Star in a rally cross car was pretty good, if they deleted the interview bit and just had the laps

Evans' can't do the "shouty voice" thing that Clarkson is good at. When he's trying to get all excited he just sounds, and looks like a complete cunt. Richard Hammond was/is similar.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th May 16 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i watched it also.. and just cringed through most of it.

vette/viper was good until they got the guns n shit.. just reminded me of clarkson and the paintball guns in the porsche / merc thing etc..

nibnob21
Premium Member

30th May 16 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He even said "...in the world" at one point.

I was struggling to work out whether it was a subtle piss take that he was trying to talk in such a similar style to Clarkson, or whether he's just an idiot.

MX5 Project Thread
nathy_87

31st May 16 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it still have the "Star in a reasonable priced car" part? I hated that when the Trio were presenting it. Not watched it might watch it if i can be bothered tomorrow.
random dav
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It lasted a few minutes on our TV, Evans is a mouthbreathing cunt.

[Edited on 31-05-2016 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite surprised he didn't have all his ferraris there and then walked amongst telling us all how he owns all of them and had them all resprayed.

The audience was mainly foreigners, found that weird, straight away i noticed some Amir Kahn looking chap posing away, and why was Chris Evans local takeaway restaurant staff there? Seemed a bit odd.
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07dwp1f/top-gear-series-23-episode-1

52secs in, the guy in the brown/tan jacket, starts acting like he is in a Mr Universe comp
Ojc

31st May 16 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Jim hows things
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a sore belly button for a few days, but that has passed now. Thanks for asking, what are you doing for new years?
sc0ott

31st May 16 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Does it still have the "Star in a reasonable priced car" part? I hated that when the Trio were presenting it. Not watched it might watch it if i can be bothered tomorrow.

When did the trio preset that part? I thought it was just clarkson.
MatthewR

1st Jun 16 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem for was, i loved the old top gear so straight away i just thought this was awkward rip off of the old version, real shame. They basically have the whole automotive insustry as a blanc canvas and use something was going for nigh on 20 years. Shame
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st Jun 16 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

View the first one JC did and that looks odd.
3CorsaMeal

1st Jun 16 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't people get as passionate about You've been framed, no one slagged off Lisa Reilly for pretending she was Jeremy Beadle and i feel Harry Hill has rescued the program
Jambo

1st Jun 16 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched Extra Gear.

Now that was a bit odd! Sabines house?! Can they just make one show and dial Evans back a bit.
nathy_87

3rd Jun 16 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

When did the trio preset that part? I thought it was just clarkson.

I meant when they presented TG. It was Clarkson who done that part.

[Edited on 03-06-2016 by nathy_87]
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Jun 16 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoyed that episode. It's just Evans's voice overs that are irritating with the voice he uses.

MX5 Project Thread
kennySRi

5th Jun 16 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really enjoyed that. Evans is still annoying but apart from that it was enjoyable. Button testing the McLaren was excellent and I liked the Africa challenge. Matt is going to be get even better as well as he gets used to it. Eddie wasn't as annoying as usual. The star bit did go on for way too long though.

Miles better than last week.
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Jun 16 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally don't get why Jordan isn't very liked. I find him entertaining and his connections and ability to speak to anyone during f1 coverage is brilliant. The Africa feature wouldn't have been as good without him.

MX5 Project Thread
Tiger

5th Jun 16 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not watched the new series yet, to be honest, I'm not really that fussed either. I don't feel remotely drawn to it as I was with the clarkson lineup.
Ben G

5th Jun 16 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently watching it. The footage of that 675LT is nothing short of awesome. If I could simply mute Chris Evans, everything would be fine. Why can't JB be lead presenter? He seems like a cool dude.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top gear tonight 25 database queries in 0.1003091 seconds