corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Selling Engagement Ring

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling Engagement Ring
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 16 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the way that tradition is expected to be adhered to when the purchasing of an engagement ring happens. but is conveniently forgotten when it comes to the brides family paying for all or the majority of the wedding costs
Generation

9th May 16 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mug for spending money on stuff they want....

Yeah, nobody else in the world does that. I'm not married, and no intention to be. Doesn't mean people who do are "mugs" it's their choice in life
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.5k for a ring that my she would wear for aslong as we are together isnt a big sum of money. even after 10years you still got 1k for it that drop in price is brilliant value for money!
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was living/working in the US for a bit I decided (for what ever reason) it was time to go ring shopping, went to the first place I found in a high rise building in Atlanta and walked up on a Saturday - shorts with half of my wafflehouse breakfast spilled on them and a Vans t-shirt that didn't really fit anymore. Went up, talked to the advisors etc and they asked me what my budget was. I honestly said I didn't know what you could get for what money so asked to see a range of rings... (expected to see a range of $1k to $10k or something).

First ring came out, looked pretty big and expected it to be 8 or 9k, based on absolutely nothing.

Turned out to be a $96k diamond

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

9th May 16 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is going to turn into Willy waving
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
This thread is going to turn into Willy waving

If that's in response to my thread, I didn't buy the 96k ring

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

9th May 16 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th May 16 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you read the story behind De Beers and the absolute market molestation you'd never buy one ever again.
DaveyLC

10th May 16 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
2.5k for a ring that my she would wear for aslong as we are together isnt a big sum of money. even after 10years you still got 1k for it that drop in price is brilliant value for money!

Or you could buy your misses something genuinely useful, take her out more or treat her randomly more rather than just some gesture of bullshit that decades of marketing campaigns have forced you into buying so you don't feel guilty and can brag about it to your other narrow minded friends
Generation

10th May 16 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

10th May 16 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck da system
spencer88

10th May 16 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or people could do whatever they want rather than what people on the internet want them to do?
DaveyLC

10th May 16 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Or people could do whatever they want rather than what people on the internet want them to do?

You do realise this is a public forum where people express their views and opinions?
spencer88

10th May 16 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

News to me....

But my statement was for both sides.

If you don't want to spend that much and instead decide to use the money for days out, great!

If however you do wish to buy your Mrs (or Mr!) a ring, then great.

Whilst you may think it is a gesture of bullshit, others actually quite like it.

Maybe some people have enough money to buy a ring AND to still go out?
Generation

10th May 16 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey feels the need to prove himself on corsasport, this alone tells me he is either lonely or pretending to be rich.
I do find it strange so many people on here are mega wealthy according to their internet persona.
taylorboosh

10th May 16 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
2.5k isnt alot for an engagement ring imo

^^^ Another mug

Fuck me i agree
taylorboosh

10th May 16 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £500 for her ring, £250 each for bands and about £10k wedding and honeymoon combined..... I felt that was enough and we had a great time
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

10th May 16 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But youre northern and cheap

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Selling Engagement Ring 23 database queries in 0.0157030 seconds