corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day, I've bought a Vauxhall :o

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car day, I've bought a Vauxhall :o
kennySRi

User status: Offline
26th Apr 16 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree about people caring what others think. I'm a bit of a badge snob like plenty of other people. Was always an issue getting a Vauxhall but I just thought this time, fook it I want a car that I want and going to enjoy and don't care what other people say and don't care how many times people suggest buying an M3 instead.

Thanks again for the comments, just need to see what pugnut has to say now.
DaveyLC

26th Apr 16 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sideways yet?
random dav
Premium Member

26th Apr 16 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome... also don't see too many over here tbh.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Apr 16 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it - said for years I want one - I'd have been finding a cheap tax one though - 500pa when you can avoid it is going to sting. Hope you knocked the seller for it. Boss car.
Shelly
Premium Member

26th Apr 16 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to get you to some shows now Kenny

Cars In The Park a week on Sunday
kennySRi

26th Apr 16 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey - not dared give it too much yet ha, has been a bit damp and even on straight roads you can feel the back end going out just giving it half throttle. I will do soon though ha!

Dav - I get confused as to what was available over there, are the vxrs just for the UK? Whenever I search for YouTube clips the Americans with the pontiacs seem to bum over the Vauxhall. What did Holden make over there?

Ian - I know the tax is a bit of a killer. Just by getting one 6 months earlier I would of missed the high tax but there's only a few for sale at a time so I couldn't be picky. I got it for a decent price I think compared to others.

If I see you at a meet I may let you test it out

Shelleh - thanks for all the group invitations ha. Hoping the weather is nice for southport this week and then I'll see where I can go after that.
Shelly
Premium Member

26th Apr 16 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sand!
kennySRi

26th Apr 16 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes there is sand at southport Just take some spare trainers and it'll be right.
DaveyLC

27th Apr 16 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Davey - not dared give it too much yet ha, has been a bit damp and even on straight roads you can feel the back end going out just giving it half throttle. I will do soon though ha!

You've bought a RWD V8 and you haven't driven it like a shit-cunt yet??

Is that a handbag you are holding?
3CorsaMeal

27th Apr 16 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing with RWD cars, i think people buy one off the back of watching Jeremy Clarkson drift one around a track, then in reality its hardly ever like that.

You do it once and someone rings the police
Steve
Premium Member

27th Apr 16 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not even JC driving half the time in those shots
3CorsaMeal

27th Apr 16 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know when its him because he just spins off normally
SteveW

27th Apr 16 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
That's the thing with RWD cars, i think people buy one off the back of watching Jeremy Clarkson drift one around a track, then in reality its hardly ever like that.

You do it once and someone rings the police

Short, yet true story.
I ordered the VXR8 after watching TopGear hammering it around their track and saying its the best thing EVVEEERRRRR...
I hadn't even sat in one let alone driven one before it was delivered to the house. had a bit of a panic thinking i wouldn't fit my substantial frame into it properly until i full adjusted the seat lol...

and i only turned the traction ESP thingy off twice, its gets out of shape VERY quickly !! Need a large open space to get used it, which i didnt have the balls to do.
Shelly
Premium Member

27th Apr 16 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes there is sand at southport Just take some spare trainers and it'll be right.

Lots of sand and no sea

I miss those Southport meets
kennySRi

27th Apr 16 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definetly not holding a handbag. Apart from going to work and back I've only really tested the car out on the way home from buying it. I'll be out all weekend in it so I'll report back if I stuff it or not lol.

Shelleh, southport was probably the best meet of the year. Doubt it's as good as it was back then but we'll see.
DaveyLC

27th Apr 16 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW

and i only turned the traction ESP thingy off twice, its gets out of shape VERY quickly !! Need a large open space to get used it, which i didnt have the balls to do.

See now I have the opposite problem.. The ESP would be OFF and I would no double smash it to bits after hanging the arse end out far too much and eventually running out of talent... Oh yes I've got form!
pow
Premium Member

27th Apr 16 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BMW with the traction control off has caught me out a couple of times. You do feel like Clarkson when you catch it though

"Yeeeeesssssss"
kennySRi

27th Apr 16 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've no problem doing that in my Beemer, the Monaro feels a lot bigger though so will just have to do some testers first to see how easy it is to kick it out. The bm is alright if I crash it as well because you can get parts anywhere
DaveyLC

27th Apr 16 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because you can get parts anywhere

There are plenty of Omegas about
DaveyLC

27th Apr 16 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
BMW with the traction control off has caught me out a couple of times. You do feel like Clarkson when you catch it though

"Yeeeeesssssss"

Do you re-call our trip down Sandford lane?
kz

29th Apr 16 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the best looking cars imo but I appreciate they're pretty damn awesome. 6 litres is just insane... and props to buying something a bit different!
BeetleGav

29th Apr 16 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't beat rwd, I've not had TC for over 2year, the z4 goes sideways too easily and with it being quite short it doesn't half snap back if your not careful. Definitely feel like a driving God when you catch and hold it though
kennySRi

29th Apr 16 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure about that Kz. Yeah they don't look as nice or as clean as a BMW or something similar but I think they look awesome in their own way. Absolutely love the back end of the vxr's, very cluttered and has Lexus style lights but it all works perfectly with each other.

A lot of people say that the build quality won't be as good and the interrupt is just a Vauxhall but I think it's great inside. No rattles anywhere, really good sound system and 4 big comfy seats. I test drove a 335 the other week and I would pick this interior over that any day.

Got to admit having a 6.0 engine did persuade me, it's just funny when I tell people what's in it

Gav, I always chuck my 330 out on the bends and is good fun, won't be long until I can call myself a driving God with the Monaro. Been snowing all week here
Andrew

29th Apr 16 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting car, i'd love one
BeetleGav

29th Apr 16 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I know we've had it all, snow, hail, lightening...then sunshine...then back to snow. We've had every season going this week

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day, I've bought a Vauxhall :o 23 database queries in 0.0137241 seconds