corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jul 16 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like its back on the up according to that.

DaveyLC

14th Jul 16 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but its not recovered or even close.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, well lets say it take another 2 months to recover, is 2.5 months of a low pound going to affect your life massively?
DaveyLC

14th Jul 16 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me personally, no as I don't plan to make any major purchases but just thinking about myself would be extremely ignorant and selfish.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone who voted voted for their own self interests primarily. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

I voted for my own reasons too, but I also think we will be better off in the long run.

Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say Remain were more inward facing with their voting too.

With arguments like "you will be x amount off worse a year"

That is aimed at swaying people for votes based on their own personal circumstances only.
3CorsaMeal

14th Jul 16 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder how it affects Willay, as isn't he a farmer?

Something else for them to moan about

DaveyLC

14th Jul 16 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay lives on a Farm.. He's not a farmer
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to be alot of pro leavers happy that its only been a minor negative so far, I struggle to see that as a good thing,

when we actually leave the economy will all drop again, IF/when it does start coming back up the theory is that it will always be lower than it could have been for the next decade at least, (assuming no recession) Obviously there is no guaranteed growth if we stayed but we were on the right track at least,

the lack of investment from the big companies is what worries me, they will hold off any plans to see what happens over the next few years, holding back job creation and the economy

at least when I come to remortgage at the end of this year I might have a lower intrest rate all be it on less valuable house
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like how you highlight all your negative points of leaving as facts, yet all the positive ones as risks.

Leaving isn't just about the economy either, it was actually very little to do with that as far as I am concerned.

[Edited on 14-07-2016 by Steve]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How gutted is Clarkson going to be now that the country is run by Hammond and May
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 16 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Its still fucked Ian.

Euro first as I didn't know you were talking about dollars when I first saw the graph - you might argue that the pound was more 'fucked' early 2012 and indeed some time before nothing to do with leaving the EU. In fact I do believe current levels are higher than 2012?

Then on to the dollar, firstly the long term picture which includes a time when you could get $2 for your £1 so in terms of going on holiday, dollars have been fucked since 2008.

Or what about the 1Y picture in which we see that the pound was on the way down anyway? You might argue that if it continued on the trajectory August 15 to Jan 16 that it would have eventually got to 1.30 anyway? Or is there some big reason why it wouldn't? That trend says a lot and I don't really buy that its entirely down to the decision to leave. Even if the referendum was on the cards the result certainly wasn't, explain what we were doing wrong the tail end of 2015 and how you planned to stop that downturn?

Really you can make the graphs do whatever you want.

Do also remember in all of this that exports are cheaper, I've been busier and I know a one man niche band isn't the country but I can't be alone.

[Edited on 14-07-2016 by Ian]
3CorsaMeal

14th Jul 16 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What will be happening is the big international playboys are pushing the price down and waiting until the pound is at its lowest in the coming months, then they will invest and after that push the price back up and get richer. We are just along for the ride.

I suggest going to work as normal and trying to forget about it as politics if going to be all about this shit for the rest of our lifetimes.
Dom

18th Jul 16 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Nowhere did i see any remain people saying it would be at least 2 years before we see any real impacts.

Nowhere.

Yet we had the 'Leave' campaign say they'd funnel £350m a week into the NHS but we all know that's complete bollocks - so there you go

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
...but, I for certain, would not be working for any employer that wishes to view my social media accounts in order to decide whether I'm worthy of employment. I'm assuming the T&Cs of Facebook usage would stop the prospective employer from requesting this?

For sure; i doubt i'd continue the interview if they asked for passwords or to be shown social media accounts.

And the T&C's no doubt state something around security with regards to handy over passwords but i'd be surprised if there's anything in there with regards to showing others your account/posts etc.

[Edited on 18-07-2016 by Dom]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jul 16 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can more people comment on my graphs please thanks
Ben G

18th Jul 16 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Has Steve hacked your account?
Jimbothebarbarian

18th Jul 16 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I think your graphs are funking fantastic mate.
3CorsaMeal

19th Jul 16 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been announced at work we have had a sudden influx of people wanting to buy houses and are now fully booked up and will have to turn jobs down or charge more money.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 16 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh look

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3698476/IMF-clowns-admit-got-wrong-Brexit-doom-gloom-warnings-saying-British-economy-grow-faster-Germany-France.html

Wonder what angry dom will have to say about that
MoesTavern

20th Jul 16 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That story can be spun both ways depending on whose side you're on

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/19/imf-cuts-uk-growth-forecasts-following-brexit-vote

https://next.ft.com/content/48d8206e-48df-3b41-a571-008d62134289

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/imf-slashes-uk-growth-outlook-in-wake-of-brexit-vote-a7143746.html
3CorsaMeal

20th Jul 16 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Believe real life, can't really make any decisions based on what some random has written. It's all a load of tosh to justify their existence
ShEp

20th Jul 16 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got paid and bought some shopping, seemed comparable to 2 or 3 months ago.
ShEp

20th Jul 16 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then again, my government voted 91 against to 1 for Trident continuing in Scotland and it was disregarded, I think I now live in a dicatatorship.
Dom

21st Jul 16 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Oh look

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3698476/IMF-clowns-admit-got-wrong-Brexit-doom-gloom-warnings-saying-British-economy-grow-faster-Germany-France.html

Wonder what angry dom will have to say about that

Perhaps stop using DM as your source and then people would take you a bit more seriously?

But as Moe said, the story can be spun in all directions so.....

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Really you can make the graphs do whatever you want.

Sums it up!

However the "fucked" Euro around 2012 was largely down to the 'Debt Crisis' (iirc) and the ongoing affects of the recession. Granted the 1.162 after the referendum wasn't as low as the recession/'debt crisis' (former 1.01; latter around 1.10).

Post-recession didn't see the dollar dip below 1.36, however the lowest after the referendum was a 1.29.
The downturn was largely down to speculation on the referendum - it starts at the tail-end of December when there was talk of Cameron announcing a referendum and picks up when it was announced.
And you could argue whatever you want regarding it but if speculating, the inflation prior to the vote would suggest the downturn wouldn't continue - rather it would have been propped up for a while if the vote was to remain.

[Edited on 21-07-2016 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jul 16 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just saying "it's the daily mail therefore it's irrelevant" doesn't really work.

Either the imf over egged their predictions and had the reel them back in or they didn't.

Which is it?

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1972790 seconds