corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jul 16 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even my money I spend on Dell products
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 16 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put in a 22k order with work last week with Dell
pow
Premium Member

13th Jul 16 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because my place keeps employing people I need to do one as well!
3CorsaMeal

13th Jul 16 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Rodney will be chuffed
Dom

13th Jul 16 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tbh, the price increase is marginally on such small orders like that; it's when you're in the 6/7 figure orders that it becomes a serious problem as it impacts plans

quote:
Originally posted by pow
That'll be due to the weak pound which will settle again.

It's going to be volatile for a while, certainly until we actually leave the EU. Although you can be sure that they won't be too hasty in changing their pricing when it does
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 16 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't negotiate a price that offsets this increase when spending amounts like that you aren't very good at your job. I managed to wager a 5% discount even on the paltry figure I quoted.

[Edited on 13-07-2016 by Steve]
kz

13th Jul 16 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by kz
Dell have put all their prices up by 10% for the UK and OnePlus phones are up by £20. Hope Apple doesn't follow suit...

The only excuse Dell need to put their prices up is a fart. That'll be due to the weak pound which will settle again.

HP too now

http://www.neowin.net/news/hp-is-increasing-its-uk-prices-by-10-following-brexit-related-currency-fluctuations
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jul 16 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, may encourage companies to start PC manufacturing in the UK again
pow
Premium Member

13th Jul 16 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HP went before Dell.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another remain lie squashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36792202
JM_16v

14th Jul 16 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the man thats been in the job for 1 hour is in an educated position to provide us that feedback at this time.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not just a random man off the street, hes going to have a fairly decent idea of the state of the economy.

Regardless, he is the chancellor and that is what he has said.

Remain said there would be an emergency budget, turns out there isn't so, you have no argument really.

[Edited on 14-07-2016 by Steve]
DaveyLC

14th Jul 16 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just received a CV for a position we're hiring for and as always I looked the guy up on Linked-In and Facebook..

There were just reams of public posts of him swearing about remain voters.. No job for you my son

He just learned a valuable lesson in life and doesn't even know it
pow
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why its best to be without any social media. I can keep my remain slating to myself
luciaadr

14th Jul 16 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Another remain lie squashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36792202

He may well have implemented an emergency budget to keep things on track for an economy surplus by 2020.

As it is, Theresa May has mandated that that policy has been scrapped in light of the vote.

In any case, we haven't left yet so plenty of time for shit to get real if negotiations don't go to plan.
Dom

14th Jul 16 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you can't negotiate a price that offsets this increase when spending amounts like that you aren't very good at your job. I managed to wager a 5% discount even on the paltry figure I quoted.

A grand is one thing, 100k or so off the asking is another Either way, the volatile pound is screwing with businesses left, right and centre.

quote:
Originally posted by luciaadr
...we haven't left yet...

I think Steve believes we have, hence his DM, Facebook and Youtube sources
If the shite is going to hit the fan then it'll be in two years time when we actually leave the EU.

[Edited on 14-07-2016 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not what remain was saying, they were saying immediate impacts
Ellis

14th Jul 16 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
There were just reams of public posts of him swearing about remain voters.. No job for you my son

Brilliant. What an absolute fool. So many employers check profiles these days and yet, people still post mountains of shite on Facebook.

quote:
Originally posted by pow
That's why its best to be without any social media. I can keep my remain slating to myself

Or, if you do have social media accounts, keep your profiles private. Or, better still, don't post any opinions that could be 'offensive' to some.
Dom

14th Jul 16 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....they were saying immediate impacts

But there has been repercussions of the referendum, we've been discussing some of them in this thread Steve

Granted they aren't 'World War III' levels but then, we haven't actually left the EU and if anything catastrophic happens then it'll be in two years when we do

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
...keep your profiles private.

I've heard stories of potential employers asking for passwords to accounts or for you to show accounts at interviews, so it's worth scrapping social media altogether, plus most contracts have a non-disparagement clause anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowhere did i see any remain people saying it would be at least 2 years before we see any real impacts.

Nowhere.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 16 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ This, they were all wanking over the pound crashing saying that was the beginning of the end.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 16 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did however see lots and lots of leave campaigners trying to point out that it would be at least 2 years before any real impacts - in fact I believe I said that exact thing earlier in this thread before the vote.

Unfortunately those claims fell on deaf ears because that brought order to the main tactic of remain - fear
Ben G

14th Jul 16 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely asking/telling someone to hand over a password is illegal?

If someone forced you to hand over your debit card pin, you'd get the police involved.
Ellis

14th Jul 16 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
...keep your profiles private.

I've heard stories of potential employers asking for passwords to accounts or for you to show accounts at interviews, so it's worth scrapping social media altogether, plus most contracts have a non-disparagement clause anyway.

I'm not arguing whether this does or does not happen but, I for certain, would not be working for any employer that wishes to view my social media accounts in order to decide whether I'm worthy of employment. I'm assuming the T&Cs of Facebook usage would stop the prospective employer from requesting this?

Anyway, back on topic, BoE base rate remains at 0.5%. Doesn't really affect me at present but it may for some other users.
DaveyLC

14th Jul 16 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
^ This, they were all wanking over the pound crashing saying that was the beginning of the end.

Its still fucked Ian.

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1154749 seconds