corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Saying "But most people wont know" is almost going down the road of cut and shuts suggesting its ok because most people wont see it. Granted the danger element isnt there, but the sneakiness is.

[Edited on 19-02-2016 by Steve]

I'll bet your LR had an old transit lump in it.. those engines last about 5 seconds before they go bang.. You'd have never known either..

How's your finance settlement going Shteven?

quote:
Call me old fashioned but if i were buying a car and i found out it had an engine swap, even for a newer engine, it would put me right off, especially if it was something only 6 years old and it had been done on someones driveway. I'm sure I'm not alone in this view either.

Drive way? Theres no way I'd do this shit on my driveway
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's because you just buy shitters

Please don't suggest for one minute that the only reason people don't check engine numbers is because the car is shit.

Lets see your data, out of 100 people buying a car, how many check the engine number.

Lets say 8 years to cover a 10 plate and newer. How many? Zero. Or probably you? Definitely single figures, and not because the car is shit.

My Astra was 4 years old when it had that short motor.

That Network Q coupe can't have been any older, sure they don't even retail anything over 3?

Also for me its not about who won't know - I'd disclose it - pretty sure anyone who isn't a jaded salary wanker will accept that broken cars need fixing and you don't scrap a 2010 car because its been run without the cap.

Also cut and shut, be arsed? Granted I did get ask if a cat C I was selling was two cars welded together. You do get some people who watch too much Rogue Traders.

Corsa B lap belts required
Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad thanks, got a guy doing the paper work now for a transfer of the finance, if all that goes through it means I have only lost the repayments I have made which would be 1600

Not the end of the world considering depreciation and the fact it was brand new
Robin
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's because you just buy shitters

Totally, I've never owned a good car at all.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remind me on your viewpoint on Clio owners who think everything should be done properly Steve? Any driveways jobs allowed there?

Trying to find your posts but I'm sure you were correct in suggesting you could do it at home and it would be fine.

DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not bad thanks, got a guy doing the paper work now for a transfer of the finance, if all that goes through it means I have only lost the repayments I have made which would be 1600

Finance company just soaked that up right?? so you've either ripped someone else off or you've got gap insurance (which I'm pretty sure can't be used that early)..
DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Remind me on your viewpoint on Clio owners who think everything should be done properly Steve? Any driveways jobs allowed there?

Trying to find your posts but I'm sure you were correct in suggesting you could do it at home and it would be fine.

Shteven is possibly a bigger Hypocrite than NiKEA Barnes..
Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Finance company just soaked that up right?? so you've either ripped someone else off or you've got gap insurance (which I'm pretty sure can't be used that early)..

What are you on about? Someone is just applying for change of customer on the finance thats all. Means they just take over repayments. I have made 6 repayments so far = a 1600 loss for me
Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

No problem with doing most stuff on a driveway, a complete engine swap on a newish car with the sole intention to sell and not tell anyone is completely different to replacing some brake pads or suspension.
DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you on about? Someone is just applying for change of customer on the finance thats all. Means they just take over repayments. I have made 6 repayments so far = a 1600 loss for me

But they are paying the finance based on it being a brand new car off the Forecourt.. How can you live with your self Shteven ?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What difference does the intention to sell make?

Run it yourself or sell it, it still has to work.

Complete swap probably harder to balls up than a cam belt.

DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

No problem with doing most stuff on a driveway, a complete engine swap on a newish car with the sole intention to sell and not tell anyone is completely different to replacing some brake pads or suspension.

I have no intention to sell, the car is for my misses the references to the value are to demonstrate how much of a bargain it is so in 12-24 months when it does get sold I will have probably still made a profit or broken even.. Generally that is how I work.. I buy a car, run it for a year and sell it so I don't suffer any loses..

Maybe I should pop to Vauxhall and sign on the dotted line like a broke chump?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But they are paying the finance based on it being a brand new car off the Forecourt.. How can you live with your self Shteven ?

The same way you live with yourself palming a car off without saying anything with a replaced engine with no history I imagine.
DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Complete swap probably harder to balls up than a cam belt.

Or an oil change apparently if you are Halfords Auto Centres..
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell wait for these flood gates that you're putting your kid in a car that's had anything more than an oil and filter.

Steve
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can everyone stop going mental now please, otherwise I'm going to be forced to arrange a fight
DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Fucking hell wait for these flood gates that you're putting your kid in a car that's had anything more than an oil and filter.

Surely replacing the engine has voided the NCAP 5 star rating and now the car is actually made of Jelly?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think of the children

spencer88

19th Feb 16 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swapped the engine on a newer shape Tigra on a middy hardstanding next to my caravan.

3 years later still see it bobbing around.

No idea why the location of where an engine change is done would affect anything?
taylorboosh

19th Feb 16 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So from this thread i have taken:

Steve doesnt like ojc now
Daveylc is ripping his wife off by giving her a cat A car
Ian and daveylc are in cahoots to rip off the general public
Flaffy is really quite helpful
Generation is a slave to society
Ian is a free spirit
I am a salary wanker because i have an alarm clock
Jambo doesnt like the idea of being underhand

Did i miss anything?
DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can everyone stop going mental now please, otherwise I'm going to be forced to arrange a fight

I hear you're a black belt in Origami.. 4th Dan.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 16 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ironic thing is if you wanted to rip off the public you'd just put some thick oil in it and make sure it was cold when they viewed it, wouldn't even have an engine.

Numbers match though, be reet.

DaveyLC

19th Feb 16 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Ironic thing is if you wanted to rip off the public you'd just put some thick oil in it and make sure it was cold when they viewed it, wouldn't even have an engine.

TBH I'd be throwing a set of shells in it if that was my intention... Probably get another 10k out of it.
taylorboosh

Sounds like youve done that before mate
taylorboosh

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

TBH I'd be throwing a set of shells in it if that was my intention... Probably get another 10k out of it.

Dont care what your website says, its not worth 18k

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability 23 database queries in 0.0169120 seconds