corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability


New Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability
Steve
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Mar 02
Location: Worcestershire Drives: Defender
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't you also meant to notify dvla of new engine code..? Sure I read something about needing to prove where the engine came from too
Ian
Site Administrator

Avatar

Registered: 28th Aug 99
Location: Liverpool
User status: Online
18th Feb 16 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
You could be driving round in a car that has 25k on the dials with an engine sporting 100k plus


Not this case though is it. Nissan FAST, look it up, you can search on engine number and get a reg, MOT the reg you'd have engine mileage.

Same as the Fords as I've advised everyone I've ever sold an engine do - Ford engine number is the last 7 digits of the VIN, append any other VIN from that car on the front and you've the VIN of the donor, bang that in ETIS and you have a reg, MOT the reg and you have mileage.

Its possible to look it up and even if you as a buyer didn't do that (WBAC probably won't) that still doesn't mean the engine has more miles on.

That engine Dave has bought is actually newer than the car its going on. Think it was low miles as well and I'll check when he finds me the engine number, software is installed and waiting.

You *could* put a leggy engine in a low miles shell - most XEs for example.

You *could* sell any old dodgy shit - but this sweeping denigration of the entire industry is sheer office worker in its attitude.

You said yourself just now it had 10 engines? WTF man read what you're writing.


Corsa B lap belts required
Steve
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Mar 02
Location: Worcestershire Drives: Defender
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over exaggeration based on the over exaggerated claims I was getting in my thread about selling my corsa.
ShEp
Member

Registered: 9th Aug 05
Location: Dingwall, Highland
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you could also be driving around in a car sporting 80k on the clocks, with a 10k motor

Who fucking cares
Ian
Site Administrator

Avatar

Registered: 28th Aug 99
Location: Liverpool
User status: Online
18th Feb 16 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So tell other people to shut up, you don't need to start talking shit because other people are.


Corsa B lap belts required
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Sep 08
Location: Formby, Merseyside
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That engine will take a lot of effort to get it to work. Plus with it being the newer version and having a dpf it has more sensors and stuff to deal with.
5th injector. Exhaust pressure sensors. Temp sensors. High and low pressure egr's.

Itl still go in there. Just take a heck of a lot of messing round
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
That engine will take a lot of effort to get it to work. Plus with it being the newer version and having a dpf it has more sensors and stuff to deal with.
5th injector. Exhaust pressure sensors. Temp sensors. High and low pressure egr's.

Itl still go in there. Just take a heck of a lot of messing round


I think you're right..

I've sent the eBay seller a snotty message as he assured me it was for a 2010 model.. it looks like a 2012 engine..

Am I right in saying its a K9K D430 and I should be looking for a K9K 724 or 764?

I think the compression ratio is ever so slightly higher on the later engine which could come and bite me right on the arse..

I take it underneath all of the different ancillaries its the same bloke? i.e. I could if I wanted to swap everything over?
Jambo
Member

Registered: 8th Sep 01
Location: Maidenhead, Drives: VXR Arctic
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure most consumers rightly or wrongly would take one look at a newer car with replacement engine and jog on.

Seems like a risky endeavour that has no guarantees for the customer/end user. Nothing wrong with it at all, a form of recycling. But I think ideas of worth are likely to be exaggerated unless you get one of those people like a mate who would sell his house to save 5 on a second hand toilet. In which case I am sure you will get the asking price.
MikeF86
Member

Registered: 14th Feb 15
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying cars which needs engines and giving it the big one about how it's worth this much and that much, yet asking on the internet which engine he needs. Bloke ain't got a fucking scooby doo.
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Pretty sure most consumers rightly or wrongly would take one look at a newer car with replacement engine and jog on.

Seems like a risky endeavour that has no guarantees for the customer/end user. Nothing wrong with it at all, a form of recycling. But I think ideas of worth are likely to be exaggerated unless you get one of those people like a mate who would sell his house to save 5 on a second hand toilet. In which case I am sure you will get the asking price.


How would you know any car you have bought didn't have a replacement engine you bell cheese
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeF86
Buying cars which needs engines and giving it the big one about how it's worth this much and that much, yet asking on the internet which engine he needs. Bloke ain't got a fucking scooby doo.


There are something like 22 variations of the 1.5 K9K engine . I didn't realise you were an expert? I'd have asked you if I knew
Jambo
Member

Registered: 8th Sep 01
Location: Maidenhead, Drives: VXR Arctic
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so you plan on not letting the unsuspecting punter know you bought a shed and fitted a new lump?

Suspicions confirmed. Thanks for the insult!
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is an immaculate car that some bellend at Halfords service centre broke a SHED?
Jambo
Member

Registered: 8th Sep 01
Location: Maidenhead, Drives: VXR Arctic
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on your perspective I guess, one would say yours is its a gem, worth . Marjorie however probably will be purturbed to find it had been driveway converted to a an engine that doesn't correlate with the reg and thus isn't logged on Nissan systems or any other aftermarket service program so potential fixes and schedules will all be incorrect as the VRM will bring back a different engine code?

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of you making a few quid
MikeF86
Member

Registered: 14th Feb 15
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immaculate? I doubt that very much.
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Depends on your perspective I guess, one would say yours is its a gem, worth . Marjorie however probably will be purturbed to find it had been driveway converted to a an engine that doesn't correlate with the reg and thus isn't logged on Nissan systems or any other aftermarket service program so potential fixes and schedules will all be incorrect as the VRM will bring back a different engine code?

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of you making a few quid


There's a box on the V5 to change the engine number
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeF86
Immaculate? I doubt that very much.


How is that so hard to believe? Some numbskull left the oil cap off and the owner drove it while the oil spewed out of the engine and it started knocking.. The bodywork and interior are immaculate..

It's a 1 owner, FSH, 70k miler not an old abused shitter.



[Edited on 18-02-2016 by DaveyLC]
Jambo
Member

Registered: 8th Sep 01
Location: Maidenhead, Drives: VXR Arctic
User status: Offline
18th Feb 16 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Depends on your perspective I guess, one would say yours is its a gem, worth . Marjorie however probably will be purturbed to find it had been driveway converted to a an engine that doesn't correlate with the reg and thus isn't logged on Nissan systems or any other aftermarket service program so potential fixes and schedules will all be incorrect as the VRM will bring back a different engine code?

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of you making a few quid


There's a box on the V5 to change the engine number


......you think independant garages check the V5 when looking for service schedules and tech specs?!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Sep 08
Location: Formby, Merseyside
User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to take anyone's sides here atall just to state some facts
All k9k's have the same service scheduals all k9k's use the same oil filters aswell. Have done since pretty much the beginning.
Nobody can or will be able to tell its been done. For all you know Jambi all of your cars you've ever bought could of had different engines fitted. How would you ever know. Unless your buying something like a classic. Nobody ever checks engine numbers. So along the years of cars being bought and sold they could of had several different engines.


As for technicals Dave. I'm pretty sure they use the same block throughout. Even the earlier ones are the same block.
Things that start to confuse the matters are the ancillaries and the engine spec number. Internals have changed over the years so as you said the later models have a higher comp ratio. Is yours the 65 85 or 105 model?
Feel free to inbox me reg and last 6 of the vin and I can get you exact tech specs in work and the exact variant that is in it at the moment.
Personally though I wouldn't bother with the haste of fitting the type 2 im where you've took a type 1 out of. Just for the dpf reason alone.
Ian
Site Administrator

Avatar

Registered: 28th Aug 99
Location: Liverpool
User status: Online
19th Feb 16 at 02:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
just to state some facts


Looking at some of these replies I wouldn't worry about that.

[Edited on 19-02-2016 by Ian]


Corsa B lap belts required
DaveyLC
Member

Registered: 8th Oct 08
Location: Berkshire
User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
As for technicals Dave. I'm pretty sure they use the same block throughout. Even the earlier ones are the same block.
Things that start to confuse the matters are the ancillaries and the engine spec number. Internals have changed over the years so as you said the later models have a higher comp ratio. Is yours the 65 85 or 105 model?
Feel free to inbox me reg and last 6 of the vin and I can get you exact tech specs in work and the exact variant that is in it at the moment.
Personally though I wouldn't bother with the haste of fitting the type 2 im where you've took a type 1 out of. Just for the dpf reason alone.


Cheers buddy that would be appreciated!

The engine in the car is a 106bhp version I'll u2u you the full vin
Robin
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 7th Jan 04
Location: Northants Drives: Clio 182 Cup
User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never checked an engine number in any of the cars I've bought, neither have any of the people who have looked at the cars I've sold.
Steve
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Mar 02
Location: Worcestershire Drives: Defender
User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's because you just buy shitters
Ian
Site Administrator

Avatar

Registered: 28th Aug 99
Location: Liverpool
User status: Online
19th Feb 16 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Pretty sure most consumers rightly or wrongly would take one look at a newer car with replacement engine and jog on.


Not newer is it - 6 years old.

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Seems like a risky endeavour that has no guarantees for the customer/end user.


No different to any other car? You'd either buy as a private sale and take the risk or buy as a trade sale and expect some comeback.

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
ideas of worth are likely to be exaggerated


WBAC offer is trade good? That's less than private poor and retail poor. Neither of those it really is.


Corsa B lap belts required
Steve
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 30th Mar 02
Location: Worcestershire Drives: Defender
User status: Offline
19th Feb 16 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call me old fashioned but if i were buying a car and i found out it had an engine swap, even for a newer engine, it would put me right off, especially if it was something only 6 years old and it had been done on someones driveway. I'm sure I'm not alone in this view either.

Saying "But most people wont know" is almost going down the road of cut and shuts suggesting its ok because most people wont see it. Granted the danger element isnt there, but the sneakiness is.

[Edited on 19-02-2016 by Steve]

  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault/Nissan Qashqai K9K 1.5dci engine compatability 23 database queries in 0.0255659 seconds