corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wedding Speeches - Editted now I'm married!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wedding Speeches - Editted now I'm married!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jan 16 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting married a week tomorrow, pretty much my last job is to write a speech. I've read a few sites for suggestions and they're all but identical-I'm not looking for a grade A Oscar speech but I don't want it to sound too generic. Any hints or experiences would be appreciated!

[Edited on 26-01-2016 by RichR]
Kev_GSI

15th Jan 16 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch You tube videos and steal bits from each one then trailer it to your needs. I did it for a best man speech and everyone loved it and congratulated me.

Most people do it this way

Good luck btw!
Nic Barnes

15th Jan 16 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for coming you free loading twats.
3CorsaMeal

15th Jan 16 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell everyone they are masons, the illumanti have you by the balls and your hoping to open each others third eye whilst on honeymoon.
luciaadr

15th Jan 16 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having been to quite a few weddings, ill tell it as i see it.

No-one cares about the grooms speech too much

Let the FOTB do the emotional one, then the Best Man do the funny one, then you thank everyone for being there / tell your new wife she is beautiful.

Then sit down and have a good time
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do mine in June

Tell us how it goes!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jan 16 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck! I have a speech to do as joint best man in March. Then my own wedding in July. I'm bricking it

Only thing I have so far for my mates as best man, is to thank everyone who's come, especially those who have traveled a long way, it's amazing how far people will come for a free meal and a glass of wine

And then going to say I hope you enjoy your honeymoon in Wales, or atleast I think that's what you mean when you said you were going to Bangor for 2 weeks
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
And then going to say I hope you enjoy your honeymoon in Wales, or atleast I think that's what you mean when you said you were going to Bangor for 2 weeks

I've not heard that one before
ShEp

16th Jan 16 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done mine on the 1st of August last year.

No matter what anyone says or how prepared you are, you will shit yourself.

Make a couple of jokes, thank everyone in sections, her mam & dad, your Mam & dad, bridesmaids, bride (be a bit soppy here) Then lighten it up with introducing the best man.

don't drink too much before hand, write bullet points, DO NOT write the full speech out, and DO NOT WING IT.

My best men tried to wing it, and fucked it up made my speech look better though
RichR
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus has FOTB issues so I might need to compensate there; it's the one thing causing us issues.
ShEp

16th Jan 16 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So did mine, but I got on alright with him, so just took the piss out of him too.

But when it came to thanking her parents, I thanked her mam for raising her etc, it may have seemed cold to people who didnt know the situation.

As much as her father wanted to be around, he wasn't, and I couldn't thank him.
random dav
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't write anything down. Just thanked everyone for coming and who put money towards it, a mention of people who couldn't be there, said everyone looked good, praised the missus and then said enjoy the free bar.

I only did a minute or two, its all you need.

WRLFC !

Project cars
antnee

16th Jan 16 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to do my speech for May as well. If you come across any good sites/info please share
Ronson

16th Jan 16 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FOTB?

Did a best man speech once, got a couple of laughs but I was bricking it so downed loads of whiskey beforehand.
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Father of the bride
3CorsaMeal

16th Jan 16 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friends of the badgers
Ronson

17th Jan 16 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucked On The Beach

Fraternity Of The Beer

Friends Of The Barman

Fucked Off The Bitch
Graham88

17th Jan 16 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kev_GSI
Watch You tube videos and steal bits from each one then trailer it to your needs. I did it for a best man speech and everyone loved it and congratulated me.

Most people do it this way

Good luck btw!

This to be honest, once you get started it's really easy.
Bart

17th Jan 16 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
I didn't write anything down. Just thanked everyone for coming and who put money towards it, a mention of people who couldn't be there, said everyone looked good, praised the missus and then said enjoy the free bar.

I only did a minute or two, its all you need.

A few inappropriate jokes are expected tbh
Aaron

17th Jan 16 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the clientele i guess.
boylers11

17th Jan 16 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my speech as a poem with alternate lines rhyming. It went down a treat and got a fair few laughs (at the right parts) too!
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 16 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just do what everyone else on Facebook is doing. Apply that to every major life decision.
DC90

18th Jan 16 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a best man speech a year and a half ago, didn't think I'd enjoy it but I did! I got a couple of ideas from YouTube videos and just did the rest by myself. Had a couple of drinks beforehand to take the edge off of the whole thing, but not enough to be a drunken, slurring mess

I'm getting married in June, not overly worried about my speech.

Oh, and the best thing I did was write my speech on smaller cards. Each card was basically a bullet point. Better than holding an a4 sheet and after each bit of my speech I threw a card down on the table. It made it easy to keep track of where I was.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Jan 16 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a quick note; all but winged it - I wrote a speech and bullet pointed some cards but the FOTB and Master of Ceremonies both had speeches containing similar things to the one I'd prepared so rather than repeat, I went off piste and it seemed to work. Wedding and the speeches went amazingly, Nerves disispated as soon as I started. We're in Japan just now having arrived today after 20 hours travelling. Best man's speech is indescribable save for the fact that my wedding present from him was a completely custom, carbon bodied, 1971 Honda 350 based cafe racer that he's been building on the sly for nearly a year; the videos of my now wife on the zip line were brilliant and the masses of bands, food and booze went down amazingly!

[Edited on 27-01-2016 by RichR]
Graham88

27th Jan 16 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, glad it went well!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wedding Speeches - Editted now I'm married! 23 database queries in 0.1848409 seconds