corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Split from 'Dash cam' thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Split from 'Dash cam' thread
BeetleGav

User status: Offline
14th Dec 15 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have mine on 3 minute loops, so if I do something daft the evidence is gone pretty quick.
Stuart H

14th Dec 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is on 5 minute loops. I've got a 64gb card in mine though , mine records for the full 64gb then rewrites over it once it's full.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Dec 15 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What good is a 3 minute loop if you have a crash?

Leap out the car and accidentally leave keys in the ignition and start asking the other driver what the fuck they were doing . Suddenly 5 minutes have gone and so could be your recording?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Stuart H

15th Dec 15 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine records at 5 minute intervals and keeps each one until the card is full then rewrites over it. If you have a smash there's a red button on the side which you press and that protects the last recording.
Generation

16th Dec 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

Leap out the car and accidentally leave keys in the ignition and start asking the other driver what the fuck they were doing . Suddenly 5 minutes have gone and so could be your recording?

That's not how it works
Ricky352

16th Dec 15 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mite invest in one of these myself. I can think of at least one instance in my time driving where it would have been very beneficial.
Ben G

16th Dec 15 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has one in his scirroco and regularly drives like a tit. He got hit by an old cunt about a month after he picked it up brand new, so decided that was the time to invest.

As said, either remove the sd card or delete/write over the footage if you're worried about incriminating yourself.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Dec 15 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

it will store hours of footage (memory card dependent) and erase the oldest footage as it records new footage
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Dec 15 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could do with one for when I park it up as little pikey kids around my area have scratched up one panel and fucked up a wheel. Can you run them while the car's not on?
Ian W

16th Dec 15 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
I could do with one for when I park it up as little pikey kids around my area have scratched up one panel and fucked up a wheel. Can you run them while the car's not on?

Watching it back and getting more annoyed is not going to make you feel any better
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Dec 15 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:

Watching it back and getting more annoyed is not going to make you feel any better

I have a police reference number for other cars damaged by who I believe did it. I would have no qualms in handing solid evidence to the police if it means they get nicked and pay for what they've done
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Dec 15 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aka paying for a respray on the panel and a wheel refurb that is
nathy_87

22nd Dec 15 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can you run them while the car's not on?

Yes I had my one recording 24/7, wired up to the interior light obviously it would get overwritten once the card was full but i could view it on my phone there & then.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Split from 'Dash cam' thread 23 database queries in 0.0143421 seconds