corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with Mini after market stereo stuff...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with Mini after market stereo stuff...
kz

User status: Offline
31st Dec 15 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if I mentioned this before but am now on to the stage of getting my amp/sub installed. I heard you can run the remote from the cigarette lighter in the boot... so attempted this today.

Checked jumping from positive to remote - yes, power
Checked the cigarette lighter - yes, power

But when you go from the cigarette lighter to the remote - no power

Any ideas!? Never had so much fucking hassle setting up a stereo before! Have wired up 5 or more cars without a hitch before the Mini damn thing.
taylorboosh

31st Dec 15 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not a remote from the HU? You only want amps on while the HU is
kz

4th Jan 16 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried that first however I bodged it as didn't have a crimp and have since had to superglue on the fascia and double sided tape on my iPhone holder I just can't be arsed taking it apart again.

I will though, as the bulbs gone behind the heating controls which apparently is a major pain in the arse to chance, but I might as well do it all in one go.

Still doesn't explain why the boot lighter works for everyone else but not me.
kz

10th Jan 16 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much power is the remote from headunit meant to give? Mine's got 4.85v running through it when it's off, and 5.65v when I turn it on.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with Mini after market stereo stuff... 22 database queries in 0.0085049 seconds