corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VXROnline

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VXROnline
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
6th Nov 15 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo loads of middle-aged men but they're kind of right about the warranty being voided.

I do agree it isn't fraud in all cases as there will be situations where stuff has broken regardless of the mods.

Although the Corsa piston 4 issue - lots and lots of those were mapped poorly.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they aren't getting my point though, im not saying Vauxhall should honour warranties that are void, I was trying to point out there is a massive difference why insurance fraud costs the market, and fraudulent warranty claims don't in any meaningful way.

Because for every car they are paying out for that has been fraudulently claimed for, there will be many more they haven't had to pay out for due to a mod on the car.

I made the point that if no one modded there car Vauxhall would actually be worse off as they would have to fix everyones regardless there would be no get outs

[Edited on 06-11-2015 by Steve]
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not fraud at all, they may however refuse to honour the warranty if they suspect the vehicle has been modified. That too is dependent on wording of the warranty contract.

Why these guys have such a massive hard-on about a Vauxhall warranty is beyond me. If they want to ensure their warranty is valid, don't modify. If they are willing to take the risk, go ahead and modify. Very simple.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there is a case to say that if they are indeed turning down claims in the event that the mods haven't caused them then they're not spending money where they should be. Still wouldn't think that puts them on the right side of it. Or at least they'll have to turn down quite a few borderline claims to return from the situation where they were fixing things without question which were clearly broken as a result of mods.

That Corsa VXR one is a case in point - must have cost loads. They'll now need to swerve a load of arguably legitimate jobs to come back from that.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes, it does appear simple that if you mod, you lose the warranty.

Whether that needs people to reply straight away when they see a modded car and say 'oooh I hope you like paying to fix it' is just what happens when single fat men sit in their pants on the internet.

If that's the nicest thing you can say etc. etc.
3CorsaMeal

6th Nov 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have car ownership with no third party involved, i know i'd end up losing my rag with a dealership.

I prefer to suffer alone.
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
'oooh I hope you like paying to fix it' is just what happens when single fat men sit in their pants on the internet.

Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latest complaint

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284492-Windows-misting-up

Shock horror windows misting up in the winter
Jason x
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a serious thread
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The latest complaint

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284492-Windows-misting-up

Shock horror windows misting up in the winter

Maybe the owner could get replacement windows under warranty. Unless of course he has modified his car with a magic tree air freshener, then the VXROnline warranty police will be after him for fraud.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tell that soft cunt using ryt to mean right that air con is not a dehumidifier, it merely condenses moisture on the evaporator in the heater box as that's the coldest thing in the car.

Some of it will drain out the bottom but most of it will come straight back out again next time you put the heater on.

Also the reason they start to smell - that's all your body fluid condensed on there ready for you to blow clean air through to breathe in.

My advice - dehumidify properly with a machine or perhaps charcoal if you're a Victorian.
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by the avatar, the girl 'Sash' on there would get pumped.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks bit mousey and annorexic
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reminds me of Michael jackson
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any other good threads Steve?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your pick

soot on the exhaust pipes - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284437-Bit-of-an-issue-with-the-VXR-Fuelling

One exhaust a few mm out to the other - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284169-Wonky-exhaust

more warranty crap - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283472-Taking-the-VXR-on-her-first-Track-Day
Ellis

6th Nov 15 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at these, they are great.

Particularly like the soot on the exhaust pipe.
pow
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track day one
3CorsaMeal

6th Nov 15 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
reminds me of Michael jackson

yes
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TomW on VXRonline
So from that your saying that every Astons registered car should be FG, So why is Sash's FL65?

No you dickhead, FG indicates that office, and so does FL.

Does it take half a brain to deduce that there might be other letters available to that same dealer.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps. I notice you have not enlightened our dear friend about the effects of his bodily odour on the AC evaporator.
pow
Premium Member

6th Nov 15 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by TomW on VXRonline
So from that your saying that every Astons registered car should be FG, So why is Sash's FL65?

No you dickhead, FG indicates that office, and so does FL.

Does it take half a brain to deduce that there might be other letters available to that same dealer.

Perhaps she should take it back to Vauxhall and try a wookey claim on it.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But why is Sash's FL, you said they're all FG, why why why, you said it now, too late, why why why
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Nov 15 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a good job we are all on here then, the best club/forum around
Steve
Premium Member

10th Nov 15 at 05:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy wants to fit carbon ceramic brakes because normal ones go rusty

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284558-Carbon-ceramic-brakes

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VXROnline 22 database queries in 0.1903999 seconds