corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Church - Christian beliefs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Church - Christian beliefs
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
30th Sep 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I massively hated saying them and i went to a normal primary school where you were forces to say them...

Dont care if im ignorant, she will not be saying them...

Davey - i wonder how many people have been killed in the name of santa or the tooth fairy?
DaveyLC

30th Sep 15 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine there are thousands of Chinese and Indian child labour victims who have died for our western Christmas.
spencer88

30th Sep 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Im in the hate brigade - not christenned but was forced to say the lords prayer at primary school...

They can get to fuck, neither the daughter or son are christenned and neither will be firced to say prayers at school

Though i must admit, i doubt schools say prayers now as theyre much more diverse

If religion is bullshit then why do you care? You let your kids believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and other fairy tails.. If you want to be a responsible parent you should let your kids make up their own mind about things other wise you are just being as ignorant as the religious fundamentalists.

I'm in the "I don't give a shit" brigade, because I don't care if someone has a religion or not. The few people that I do know who are religious hardly ever speak of it. They simply live their lives following their beliefs.

What I do care about is extremist psychos! But we get them from all religions, and from all walks of life.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Sep 15 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
So, some schools will actually select a christened child over and non-christened child if push came to shove e.g. places were limited?

Not really down to the child having been christened although yes, the school will not allow in anyone who is not from the religious background and you have to show form for going before they'll consider you.

In my local one there is an intake of non-secular but they have to pass an entrance exam.
Ellis

30th Sep 15 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
So, some schools will actually select a christened child over and non-christened child if push came to shove e.g. places were limited?

Not really down to the child having been christened although yes, the school will not allow in anyone who is not from the religious background and you have to show form for going before they'll consider you.

In my local one there is an intake of non-secular but they have to pass an entrance exam.

I can't quite get my head around this. Imagine for a moment a UK school did quite the opposite and didn't accept anyone from a religious background (let's use Islam for example). The school would end up on the front page of the papers, there would be absolute uproar. Further proof that if you're a minority in this country you have more rights than everyone else.
Jambo

30th Sep 15 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

If they aren't from a religious background, is that not an automatic pass??
MoesTavern

30th Sep 15 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know hating on religion is par for the course on here, but does nobody at least recognise that there can be positive aspects to it? Surely a set of guidelines on how to live your life, right from wrong, charity for the poor etc are a good thing? especially for young people.

I went to a C of E school and it hardly scarred me for life.
Ben G

30th Sep 15 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tell me the positive aspects set out in the Qur'an?
MoesTavern

30th Sep 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not read it mate. I'm sure a bit of googling will see you reet.
Jambo

30th Sep 15 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure anyone is stating that Moe, I too went to a C of E school. But selection based on a belief system is wrong IMO.

The OP was shocked that religious people were questioning his belief in wanting to get his child ordained in a religious ceremony and a lot of people are pointing out its a bit weird.
Rob_Quads

30th Sep 15 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing most people try and put their kids into religious schools when they are not religious because its a good school. Chances are the one of the main factors into it being it a good school is because of the religious nature, why you might ask - generally they will be much more respectful, less likely to constantly play truant (which effects various aspects).

(This is not to say that all religious schools are the best or that there are not very very good non-religious schools but if you took the average results from both the religious ones come out higher)
Cavey

30th Sep 15 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, if it's C of E there's less chance of it being full of foreigners

There's a Catholic school on our estate, 24% don't have English as a first language. The CofE school. 1% that's going to make a difference to grades too as they have to explain everything 2 or 3 times.

As I said at the bottom of the last page I don't mind the slight religious tint. It will teach her respect (although we've got her well trained on that already anyway)
DaveyLC

1st Oct 15 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Can you tell me the positive aspects set out in the Qur'an?

Well that depends on how you interpret it! For the majority it preaches peace and compassion..

There is a minority who interpret the writings of The Prophet Muhammad another way, a way that depicts all non-believers as infidels who should be despatched.

Let us not forget there are verses in the Christian bible that promote racism and slavery!

The issue is breaking down the boundary between religion and logic, religious teachings can be extremely beneficial if they teach us about community, charity, peace and of-course consequence!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Church - Christian beliefs 22 database queries in 0.0119789 seconds