corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Jump started Corsa B, now car won't lock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jump started Corsa B, now car won't lock
VoicelessGrapefruit

User status: Offline
16th Sep 15 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been working on a Corsa B as a project car for about 4 months now and it's been SORNed the whole time, only being left to tick over for an hour or so every odd day. Well, today I discovered the battery went flat. Thankfully my mate was with me and we used his car to jump start it. All seemed well until I went to lock the car. The key doesn't turn to the left to lock either of the doors and the lock buttons just spring back up when pushed down. The boot doesn't open either. Brilliant timing seeing as I was planning on taxing and insuring tomorrow . After doing some reading apparently a flat or near flat battery on a Corsa B can cause the central locking to crack up and it fixes itself once the battery's charged. I'm just wondering if this is true and if this is the case with my Corsa. Cheers.
Generation

17th Sep 15 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's true.

Jump starting a car doesn't charge the battery fully either.

Either replace battery, or take it off and charge it overnight, almost certainly down to a flat battery
VoicelessGrapefruit

17th Sep 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Yeah it's true.

Jump starting a car doesn't charge the battery fully either.

Either replace battery, or take it off and charge it overnight, almost certainly down to a flat battery

Thanks the problem fixed itself today, drove the car around for a bit to get the alternator going. Definitely gonna have to do what you said at some stage though or it'll happen again I'm sure.

New Poll