corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » First House... - Moved in

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First House... - Moved in
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 15 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Chris C

23rd Dec 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Congratulations, vinyl flooring wouldn't normally be stuck down.

yes it would

I fit flooring for a living, a domestic vinyl wouldn't normally be stuck down all over.
Ben G

23rd Dec 15 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've had a nightmare so far! Can't imagine moving onto what is essentially a building site.

At least you have your own place and stuff will be sorted in the coming months.
danzx2

23rd Dec 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our new build didn't have an aerial installed. They need to be CAI certified to install it.
Nic Barnes

23rd Dec 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had no aerial fitted either but I was informed of that on the first visit to the sales office.

Cheap and easy to fit one.
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all.

We've been told no aerial is supplied now. It wasn't mentioned atall up to this point. Looks like we have someone coming next week to sort one anyway, our temporary one is gash.

Ben - not really been a nightmare, just not fully aware/understanding of some bits - ee knew of the drive & garage as we were in communication through the solicitors about that a couple of weeks back.

The rest will be sorted pretty easily once New Year comes around - we've b en talking with the building team directly and they've been rrally good so far.

Now I've finished work, I'm going to crack on with unpacking stuff ao that I can get myself a few pictures as we hardly took any when we got it as we wanted to get put of the rented place so quickly.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Dec 15 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In before Christmas. Congrats. Enjoy it!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
djgritt
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right. Been in a month now, made our first payments and generally all is going well. Snags are being resolved as and when, a fair number have been dealt with now.

Some pics.

Entrance hall;

Living room;

Kitchen/Diner;

Cloakroom;

Upstairs;

Bed 3 / Office;

Bed 2 / Guest room;

Main Bathroom;

Bed 1 / Master bedroom;

Master En-Suite;

Garden;

Pictures in houses is hard work with a mobile phone...

Yes, GF has a thing about Orla Kiely - owns a ton of it, hence most rooms having something of hers in there.

Bed 3/Office has not been a priority atall. Once we get our Internet install (29/01) and she starts using the computer to do her work, it will get sorted out and tidied up.

Garden has had the large manhole access in the lawn dropped down as it was raised quite high, also have put the compost bin behind the shed as there is a nice little space behind there and it'll only get used for grass cuttings eventually.

Need to get the curtain pole fitted and some curtains sorted for the rear doors of the living room, and we are also getting a large chair/mini sofa too. The coffeee table will then be going as it takes up too much space in this house.

Kitchen needs the flooring doing under the snag list as still has some raised bits where it moved. We will be putting the table across thw room width ways once we get on top of laundry and can move the airer and use the outside line more.

We'll also be swapping the bulbs out for LED throughout over the course of the year.

Still waiting for the adjacent building to complete externally so the scaffolding can be stripped and my driveqay can be laid and a garage door fitted...

We will consider painting etc next year, want to let the house 'settle' over 12m as advised before doing any decorations so that we can address any blemishes that appear over the time before putting any paint or paper over them.
White really doesn't bother us at the moment - our last place had wooden walls and was properly dark all of the time, this much light and the airy feel is still quite a novelty!

djgritt
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and crappy dressing table thing in our room with the fabric around it is being 'upcycled' by the GF. Yep, she has found more Orla fabric to do that with and will also be painting the table/mirror parts White to match the rest of the room furniture.
It was a freebie, so yeah.
--ToM--

24th Jan 16 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like that!
djgritt
Premium Member

24th Jan 16 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Tom.

Other plans I forgot about - getting some quotes soon to extend the Patio to around the point of the lawn-bound Drain.
Also, got to get some power out to the Garage too to get a small Dist board in there and some lighting/sockets ready for when I replace my Mazda with something less boring.

--ToM--

24th Jan 16 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like white walls, I had an appartment and every room was white it was lovely and fresh, house now has some colour, couldn't have white the little lad would wreck it.

Hopefully moving this year too if we can find something we like.

Your house looks really spacious I like the two sets of French doors into the garden too and also like the brick wall to the left of the garden it's nicer that just 3 fence walls.

Never understood new build patios there allways tiny, my mums bought a new build to rent out and the patio there is the same lol.
Ben G

24th Jan 16 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely house but classic new build estate issue is the overlooked rear garden. Would drive me insane knowing there could be some weirdo looking at me/my kids.
--ToM--

25th Jan 16 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't think u had kids Ben
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ikea Hemnes all over the joint there! Looks lovely
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. Good plan letting everything settle before painting too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Jan 16 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Ikea Hemnes all over the joint there! Looks lovely

Yep! Big fan of the Hemnes stuff.

--ToM--

25th Jan 16 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should do a nic Barnes and paint every wall so the house looks like a bag of skittles, then lob all your curtains up creased and erect your furniture all in one weekend imo.
Ben G

25th Jan 16 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Didn't think u had kids Ben

None yet, but planning for them.
--ToM--

26th Jan 16 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't do it haha
Ben G

26th Jan 16 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus is broody and I work with a few old guys who don't have kids and they have that paedophile look about them and probably shag their dogs.
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Jan 16 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Should do a nic Barnes and paint every wall so the house looks like a bag of skittles, then lob all your curtains up creased and erect your furniture all in one weekend imo.

No. I don't think so.

A fair amount of furniture came from our old place, but we did build all of the new stuff over 2 days though....

djgritt
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some Sonos gear with a voucher we got for completing an NHBC Survey. Not a bad result tbh.

Also got the first layer of our drive down. Being a part of the Persimmon group, it is clearly way too short and narrow...

Second/top layer will be done soon when they do the road & pavements - they are making their way around the development atm.

Could just about fit a second Mazda 6 Estate on there. Bad times

Garage door yet to be fitted, tbh I'm not sure why it hasn't been done since the scaffold next door was removed...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll