corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 CORSA B SRI BLACK

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 CORSA B SRI BLACK
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jul 15 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The badges I think look nice in red and that front wing was from an old corsa I used it for the metal to patch the underside for the mot lol, the wheels and trims and suspension and badges are all in storage and will be kept to convert back to standard I think it will be worth more in standard forum? And yeah I've not seen much good condition SRI's for sale and I'm always looking on the net haha

**MANTZEL INLET MANIFOLD WANTED**

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

(if you can still read this then i'm still looking for them thanks.)
BeetleGav

13th Jul 15 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think he means the rear vauxhall and corsa badges. They're in the wrong place, sat too low on the boot
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

13th Jul 15 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah I see now, I've never noticed that before but your right they are to low, I think someone put new ones on and just felt like putting them there, I'm not sure if I should keep them on or not what's everyone think? Off or on?

***CORSA B 1.6 WANTED*** message 07985388283 if you have or know of one for sale***

BeetleGav

13th Jul 15 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take them off. Having them in the wrong place is daft. The rear is always tidier without
jameswalshe1990

13th Jul 15 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There newer boot badges not original ones, yea don't see many about these days FairPlay for keeping all the original bits

[Edited on 13-07-2015 by jameswalshe1990]
Generation

13th Jul 15 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah meant boot badges. Definitely remove or move them to correct place. Personally I'd remove
Ben G

13th Jul 15 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all looks a bit weird at the moment. Needs lowering a lot more to pull off the euro wheels. Remove the rear badges also and it should look decent.

Good start anyway.
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 04:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys if the weathers good after work and I get the parts I'll get some more stuff done today or tomorrow first thing remove badges

l88fty
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how you've done this, looks very clean.

If you fancy a roadtrip, I have a nice semi-smooth boot in your colour for sale

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks l88fty there is one or two small bits that need sorting but yeah this is a clean car for its age haha, no thanks will consider it if I change my mind or maybe end up doing it my self

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These came today so far, hood lifters, sump plug, and gearbox speedo sensor thingy although I don't think that will fit mine any ideas?

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

17th Jul 15 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before I started to change the inlet and during the change. also found this,

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

17th Jul 15 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A quick finished picture and no that air filter is not staying and still need to fit proper vac lines getting red ones tomorrow, but I have a huge problem the car runs very very ruff as if the tps is not working and a lack of power and the ecu light is on and sometimes goes off for a minute then back on, I also do not have the air flow or meter thingy fitted into the air filter as there is not a hole for it and I tried to make one but just no joy with getting it sealed properly, so that's hanging next to the air filter would that cause jumpie/surging/feeling like the throttle is going off and on again with my foot steady on the throttle? It's worse at like just a slight bit of throttle but when your nearly full it's not as bad but still surges and hesitates throughout the revs

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

17th Jul 15 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a lighter note I got these today

kedowan

17th Jul 15 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want this!
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem solved the tps was bad so put the original one back on and works fine now no ail leaks or anything so all happy, just don't get how a brand new tps was not working although it was sitting in the garage for a year lol.

scotty GTE

18th Jul 15 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a real soft spot for these sri's had a black 8v a couple of years ago that I always regretted selling.

You done well getting one that clean, hardly ever see them for sale and when you do they're usually total bins.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go too wild on it. If you are able to put that back to standard to sell it - including the all important hub caps then you will probably turn a profit!

I'm amazed it drives well with that filter on? If you can get a proper K&N or Pipercross filter for that engine you can keep the sensors etc and it should run (and sound) decent.

Presumably your EML is still on?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

18th Jul 15 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes have all original parts and runs ok and eml light is on and off just pleases it's self I don't know why but think it's cause the speedo has stopped working, I have a new cable to fit has a flat spot at 4k revs but picked up after that and is ace

VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Jul 15 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah it is 100% the speedo - The ECU needs it to work. Change the cable and it will be fine.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Jul 15 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well changed the oil and filter and fitted the 4-2-1 and changed all the vac lines to red

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Jul 15 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anthcorsa

26th Jul 15 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Dale, did you get that inlet off eBay?? I seen one for sale for 140ish the other day and was tempted to get one. You noticed any massive gains from the inlet and the 4-2-1? I recon you should get the rocker top and inlet painted, would look class. Those wheels look mint btw mate

[Edited on 26-07-2015 by anthcorsa]
dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Jul 15 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only have one problem to figure out and it is so Annoying!!! Every time or nearly every time I come to a junction or when I have to stop the car when I put the itch in to put it into first or neutral the revs drop to like 50 then come back up but a lot of the time it stalls and comes back to life if I let the clutch back out but that's only if I'm still moving if not then I have to use the key now as far as I know there is no leaks in the vac system or manifold or airfilter etc the only thing I can think of is that I never put lack tight on the screws for the idle controls valve it was brand new with new bolts and I also forgot to measure the ICV before I fitted it, it's ment to be no more than 33mm from the end to the base plate that sits flat against the throttle body, if this was out would this cause bother? Other symptoms are irratic idle and slight misfire and my speedo is not working also sometimes the fuel gauge does not pick up as in the needle does not move up, then after a while it will, this is a temperamental issue as it does not do it every day only now and then. So far it has a new coil pack new plugs new lambda new oil and filter new air intake sensor

dale mcgarry
Premium Member

26th Jul 15 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

close up of the vac lines and positions/connections

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 CORSA B SRI BLACK 24 database queries in 0.1919770 seconds