corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
10th Jun 15 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford it why would you be stressed? Odd words.
Ian W

10th Jun 15 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I don't think I'd be able to live with myself having a leased car.

It's that that feeling when you have somthing nice and new and everyone's commenting how nice it is but you feel physically sick just thinking about it and you are just overwhelmed with stress.

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Jason x]

That is the difference between a person who can easily afford the payments and a person who just wants a new car and stretches themselves every month to have the new car.

DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
I don't think I'd be able to live with myself having a leased car.

It's that that feeling when you have somthing nice and new and everyone's commenting how nice it is but you feel physically sick just thinking about it and you are just overwhelmed with stress.

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Jason x]

47.5 months of Buyers remorse.
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

What is 'afford' though?.. Surely the requirement to borrow money contradicts the very definition of the word!
Ian W

10th Jun 15 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

What is 'afford' though?.. Surely the requirement to borrow money contradicts the very definition of the word!

I see what you are getting at but it's not very 'real life' is it? A lot of people can afford to run a brand new car at £250 a month for a few years but far less have 10/15k in the bank to put down in to a new car.

Most people seem to just keep going once in the cycle anyway, rather than pay the balloon payment they get a new car and start again.

If you want to run round in a hassle free new car then and don't mind the cost then what's the problem? If no one bought new cars then they £500 shitters you like would eventually dry up
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i cant afford the country cottage im looking at buying, however i can afford the mortgage no problem. what is your opinion on that?
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Property is an investment.. Different kettle of fish! Plus we all need somewhere to live, we don't all need a shiny new car.
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W

I see what you are getting at but it's not very 'real life' is it? A lot of people can afford to run a brand new car at £250 a month for a few years but far less have 10/15k in the bank to put down in to a new car.

Most people seem to just keep going once in the cycle anyway, rather than pay the balloon payment they get a new car and start again.

If you want to run round in a hassle free new car then and don't mind the cost then what's the problem? If no one bought new cars then they £500 shitters you like would eventually dry up

The fact that someone aspires to have something that they simply cannot afford yet sums up much of what is wrong with society. At the middle class level it doesn't seem so bad that someone would want to spend a large chunk of their income after living costs on a car that the majority of its use will be spent sat in traffic getting to and from the place the work their arse off to earn the money to have it in the first place.

However everyone wants all of the nice things in life without having to actually earn it and then the majority bitch and moan when they are skint or when they are getting threatening letters from the finance and credit-card companies because they can't keep up the payments.

What's even more alarming is people seem almost proud of the fact they are strapped up, in the past it would have been shameful to admit you were up to your eyeballs in debt.

By purchasing stuff on finance or on credit cards you are quite literally being played and taken for a chump by the companies that lend the money, it might look like a 'good deal' but these companies are not charities and if they were making an absolute mint out of you they wouldn't be pushing you to do it!

I can't believe the number of people I know who have got 2 or even 3 bloody phone contracts, simply so they can have the latest model like its some kind of badge of honour that will gain them respect and admiration, what the fuck is wrong with people?

Finance and credit is like an infection that takes over, the more you borrow the more you have to re-pay every month and the less you can save which means there is no spare cash for when you really need it so you end up borrowing more and more after which it just becomes a normal way of life..
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've probably had 10-15k on credit cards over the years, never spent a penny on interest or had it hamper my savings.

Credit does get people into trouble but they're generally idiots. It doesn't immediately turn the entire concept into pure evil or stupidity.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've probably had 10-15k on credit cards over the years, never spent a penny on interest or had it hamper my savings.

Credit does get people into trouble but they're generally idiots. It doesn't immediately turn the entire concept into pure evil or stupidity.

The concept is evil, because If everyone who took out interest free credit paid it back before the interest kicked in one would offer interest free credit..
Gary
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an incentive to borrow yes but used properly can be handy. Why make a dent in your savings you get interest on when you can use the banks money.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That may be the case, but you're still making broad statements about credit which don't apply to many borrowers.

Even when interest is charged, you're paying for a service. Borrowing the money doesn't always mean that people don't have the capital knocking around. Sometimes paying a few percent for the service is worth it for keeping the capital accessible for yourself. It doesn't automatically mean that every borrower is skint and is living each month payday to payday scraping around to cover all their repayments.

Payday lending on the other hand and sky-high interest rates for low amounts need banning, I'd fully agree that any participant in those schemes is a total moron.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

10th Jun 15 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calm down mate, we get it, you cant afford a lease deal
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
It's an incentive to borrow yes but used properly can be handy. Why make a dent in your savings you get interest on when you can use the banks money.

The difference being.. IF you've got the savings you CAN afford to buy!

In the event of you losing your job and not being able to make the repayments (an incur fines/interest) you are able to clear the debt..

You're talking cross purposes, taking advantage of interest free credit to avoid losing interest on investments & savings is not the same as borrowing to buy what you can't afford.

And also in the instance of leasing if you've got the cash you'd be better off buying the vehicle as you'll actually have an asset with value when you want to shift it.. The clever people will buy pre-reg's, ex-demos or year old cars with cash..

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by DaveyLC]
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Property is an investment..

You're talking about the definition of the word 'afford', even copy'pasting the definition, yet you contradict that definition when it doesn't fit your opinion

As the definition you posted states, if it doesn't put in you any 'financial difficulties' then you can afford it

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Dom]
Graham88

10th Jun 15 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave you sound like an angry man that got refused credit and you're now on a vendetta against it.

If you want to buy a house or car very few people have that cash around so you borrow the money? If you can keep the payments up in my eyes you can afford that car? In my experience the people who moan about that aren't driving around in expensive cars, so it's not really a fair comparism.

If you were to lease a 135i for a year, you will 'lose' the same money in payments as you would in depreciation if you'd have bought it & financed it? So I don't really get what you're point is?

You cannot compare it to anything other than a brand new car and take the depreciation into account, because you don't lease 2nd hand cars

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Graham88]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think leasing is kind of pointless. Same as renting a house.

However. That being said I'm concidering one of our lease deals in work

Brand new clio rs cup spec, £125 a month for 9 months. No deposit. No final payment. After 9 months. Get a new one.
Concidering getting one for me and the Mrs to use when she passes her test and keep the mini for abit more weekend use.
Ian W

10th Jun 15 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

Brand new clio rs cup spec, £125 a month for 9 months. No deposit. No final payment. After 9 months. Get a new one.
Concidering getting one for me and the Mrs to use when she passes her test and keep the mini for abit more weekend use.

Perfect example of when it works, if you bought that cash now you would easily lose a good few grand in 12 months if you came to sell.

I am assuming in 9 months you can't just walk away though?
DaveyLC

10th Jun 15 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Perfect example of when it works, if you bought that cash now you would easily lose a good few grand in 12 months if you came to sell.

I assume he works in a dealership and You'll probably find its a pre-reg scheme to keep the numbers up.
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after all living essential bills are paid, i dont think there is anything wrong with having say 30% of the remainder money used up for finance on a car etc. shouldnt be too hard to afford to anyone.
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in terms of property being an investment, all property goes up in value at the same time, so yeah, you may make money on your house. but youd be moving to one that has gone up the same rate as the one youve just sold. are you any better off for your investment? debatable.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 15 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lol id wager the clio is far far better than the mini
Ben G

10th Jun 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC absolutrly smashing the typical 'what if?' scenario's whenever this topic gets brought up.

Again, worrying too much about others.

Never ever paid interest on any of my credit cards. Balance transfers over the years will come to less than £100. Not bad for about 10k of stuff bought.
Ben G

10th Jun 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

We were recently doing a deal where a Fiesta Zetec 1.25 82ps was £199 deposit, £99 a month.

After 12 months you could sell it privately, pay the money owed and not lose a penny due to the low cost of the car on employee terms.
spencer88

10th Jun 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in terms of property being an investment, all property goes up in value at the same time, so yeah, you may make money on your house. but youd be moving to one that has gone up the same rate as the one youve just sold. are you any better off for your investment? debatable.

No, no it does not

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 23 database queries in 0.0547571 seconds