corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
9th Jun 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not sure I understand the attraction behind leasing.

Why spend £250 a month leasing when you could spend £250 a month on finance and own the car at the end of it all.

Then even if you sold the car at the end of the term and started again, at least youd have 10k or whatever in your back pocket

Unless you have the cash to purchase outright, then HP/PCP are generally more expensive than leasing over the same time frame. Plus you don't have to deal with a depreciating asset that costs you money maintaining if you lease with a warranty and maintenance package.
Obviously you can quite easily get mugged with leasing if you go with the wrong deal but if you do the maths properly then leasing can be a sensible option to driving a new car.

[Edited on 09-06-2015 by Dom]

not when you consider the value of the asset you have purchased..

Remember dealers are businesses NOT charities, they wouldn't lease you the vehicle in the first-place if the depreciation out-weighed the return value..
spencer88

9th Jun 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Based on what you are saying then Davey, Lease is like renting a house? Pay for it every month but have nothing to show?

But no one does that....right???
DaveyLC

9th Jun 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Based on what you are saying then Davey, Lease is like renting a house? Pay for it every month but have nothing to show?

But no one does that....right???

A few problems with that..

Even assuming you have an interest only mortgage in the long term the value of the property will SIGNIFICANTLY increase.

The strapped up brigade can also make buying a house a financial disaster because they'll buy it interest only, push them self to the limits of what they can afford and have to bail out when the whole thing ends up a complete and utter car crash.

The issue we are seeing in society is people are starting to believe 'affording something' means 'is my take home pay equal too or greater than my combined finance payments'..
spencer88

9th Jun 15 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see where you are coming from, but also consider some people earn more than enough to cover the cost and use Lease as it is easier for them, they get a new car and "potentially" more reliable motoring.

They may also see that cost as their disposable income. So when some people may go to the pub once a week and spend £50, they spend that much on their car. End result is you have nothing to show for either a few years down the line.

I do agree though that too many youngsters are getting everything on finance and thinking it is amazing, till 12 months later when all the interest free options have gone and they have to pay more than their monthly wage out
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 15 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about being a big dog and looking richer and flashier than you pals. its quite sad.
DaveyLC

9th Jun 15 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
I can see where you are coming from, but also consider some people earn more than enough to cover the cost and use Lease as it is easier for them, they get a new car and "potentially" more reliable motoring.

I agree and if that proportion of 'car cost' vs 'Salary' is well balanced and you understand that its money you'll never, ever, ever seen again then crack on

Personally find it really hard to understand why anyone would want a brand new car unless you have the cash to walk into a show room and buy it out-right what is the point? Other than being able to say "I've got a new car" what do you really gain other than an object that will be worth significantly less the moment your name hits the V5C..

With the exception of Holidays my mantra is any significant purchase you make is only worth-while if the object you have purchased could be sold the next day for close to what you paid for it anything that is significantly depreciated simply because 'you bought it' is basically a way of mugging you off, diamond rings and gold jewellery being a prime example!
DaveyLC

9th Jun 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
its all about being a big dog and looking richer and flashier than you pals. its quite sad.

Agree'd... Its a shame society makes us feel the need to do this!

I drive a 'Champagne Charlie' car for one reason and that is so clients take me seriously and it pains me that I have to do that! I'd quite happily rock up in a £500 bag of shit dressed like a hobo.
spencer88

9th Jun 15 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

I drive a 'Champagne Charlie' car for one reason and that is so clients take me seriously and it pains me that I have to do that! I'd quite happily rock up in a £500 bag of shit dressed like a hobo.

I did for years with my Corsa 1.5D

Boss kept asking when I was getting a new car, told him when he paid for it.

Never did. Cunt.
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

as a sales executive, i refuse to buy a sales executives car.
SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a sales executive's car.

From the 1980s
MikeF86

9th Jun 15 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Nic Barnes bum boy quoting his own jealousy phrases now too. Lol

WTF are you on? How am I his bum boy? And the last thing I am is jealous. Davey, I'm not upset because I have a lease car, I don't. Just your whole 'Leasing = Mugs' bollocks. As stated, most deals are now PCP because they are an attractive proposal. You seem to care too much about people having items on finance?!
Ben G

9th Jun 15 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Says the guy with the 20k mountain bike. Pmsl.

So jealous.
scoob
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with wanting the best of everything and doing what ever you can to afford it, if you want to lease a new car do it.
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people my age are getting cars on finance.

My cousin got a 14 plate Fiesta on finance and hasn't even got her license yet
Ben G

9th Jun 15 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people worry about what other people are doing with their lives.

They should worry more about what they can afford, rather than what someone else can afford.
Corsa_Sport21

9th Jun 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people worry about other people worrying about what other people do with their lives.

They should stop worrying about other people worrying about other peoples finances and concentrate on what they can afford.
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Jun 15 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so much worry
taylorboosh

9th Jun 15 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many people are saying too many people
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Too many people worry about other people worrying about what other people do with their lives.

They should stop worrying about other people worrying about other peoples finances and concentrate on what they can afford.
word
DaveyLC

9th Jun 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
What's wrong with wanting the best of everything and doing what ever you can to afford it, if you want to lease a new car do it.

afford (&#601;&#712;f&#596;&#720;d Pronunciation for afford )
verb
preceded by can, could, etc to be able to do or spare something, esp without incurring financial difficulties or without risk of undesirable consequences &#8658; we can afford to buy a small house, I can afford to give you one of my chess sets, we can't afford to miss this play
SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo

cousin got a 14 plate Fiesta on finance and hasn't even got her license yet

SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

JordyCarter

9th Jun 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone should spend there money on good times... memories. Not flashy shit that in reality NOBODY cares about
Graham88

9th Jun 15 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the lease deals are pretty good. Yeah in essence it's 'wasting' money. But I rented a flat for 2 years. Shit happens. £250-300 a month gets you a decent car, BMW were doing 135i's for £300, that's a lot of car for the money, and you'd lose just as much money buying new if not more

If I compared it to my 10 year old Astra that has cost me a £50 radiator and 2 tyres in a year then the lease deal would cost me a lot more money. But it's not a fair comparison
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I'd be able to live with myself having a leased car.

It's that that feeling when you have somthing nice and new and everyone's commenting how nice it is but you feel physically sick just thinking about it and you are just overwhelmed with stress.

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Jason x]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.2094040 seconds