corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine help

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking fine help
Generation

User status: Offline
27th May 15 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, it's non council.

It was issued EXACTLY 18 months ago.
Was fully ignored for first 3/4 months as normal with these things
Car has since been scrapped.(about 8 months ago)

Now the Mrs has just had a letter through the door from some bailiffs. The letter is dated exactly 18 months later, which means it's probably an auto thing.

However, never heard of them being followed up like this, and she's obviously worried a bit. If was me I'd carry on ignoring, but don't want to risk it with her.

Any experiences?
johnny86
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you got a ticket why not just pay it?
ed

28th May 15 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bailiffs can only be appointed by a court - have they given you a CCJ without your knowledge? Unlikely, but it does happen.
Generation

28th May 15 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86

Because, like others on here (who seem to have vanished) you don't have to pay them - it's common knowledge, if they're not council. I've ignored 3/4 before and got away with it
Generation

28th May 15 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Bailiffs can only be appointed by a court - have they given you a CCJ without your knowledge? Unlikely, but it does happen.

It's not me mate, it's the Mrs. She's checked her credit score, and everything is ok. Last thing we want against us is a CCJ
LukesCorsaSXi

28th May 15 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it, just trying to scare you.
Generation

28th May 15 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, which is what I have been doing.

However, not seen any posts about it getting this far, which is why I was asking if anybody has had actual experiences
Jimbothebarbarian

28th May 15 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From personal experience, ignored them completely in the past with no problems. Until the last one lol.

Wife was taken to court and went she had several arguments the main being she had my disabled mother with her and parked ina disabled place and displayed a blue badge.

Alas as it was a private carpark it seems they count for fook all lol. Plus it was a carpark that the local MP had decided he was going to eradicate boyracers from.

Anyway they have to tell you when you're being taken to court. If you lose, you still don't get a CCJ against your name as long as you pay.

My advice is leave it. 9/10 it won't go to court. If it does meh let it. 9/10 theystill bottle it and judges fecking hate these companies. I still think we would never have been taken to court and I deffo don't think we'd have lost if some gobshite MP wasn't trying to make a name for himself.
Jimbothebarbarian

28th May 15 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps I've had letters years after and ignored them. Never had a hassle. This one occasion was as I said some clever cunt mp's personal mission for votes.
mattievRS

28th May 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For bailiffs to be appointed to the case, you have to have had a ccj against you. Have you had any letters from the courts or have you moved in the last year so haven't got some mail forwarded? Also, the bailiffs wouldn't send a letter, they would roll up to your front door to get payment and won't take no for an answer.
Generation

28th May 15 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
For bailiffs to be appointed to the case, you have to have had a ccj against you. Have you had any letters from the courts or have you moved in the last year so haven't got some mail forwarded? Also, the bailiffs wouldn't send a letter, they would roll up to your front door to get payment and won't take no for an answer.

That's only letter we've had for 18 months. Still at same address, none of the original letters were sent recorded delivery either to us.
Generation

28th May 15 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
From personal experience, ignored them completely in the past with no problems. Until the last one lol.

Wife was taken to court and went she had several arguments the main being she had my disabled mother with her and parked ina disabled place and displayed a blue badge.

Alas as it was a private carpark it seems they count for fook all lol. Plus it was a carpark that the local MP had decided he was going to eradicate boyracers from.

Anyway they have to tell you when you're being taken to court. If you lose, you still don't get a CCJ against your name as long as you pay.

My advice is leave it. 9/10 it won't go to court. If it does meh let it. 9/10 theystill bottle it and judges fecking hate these companies. I still think we would never have been taken to court and I deffo don't think we'd have lost if some gobshite MP wasn't trying to make a name for himself.

Some very useful info here, and it's very much appreciated . Thank you
Brett
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You are the same guy who parks on double yellows and puts bin bags over his plates, yes?
Ellis

28th May 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

You are the same guy who parks on double yellows and puts bin bags over his plates, yes?

That's before you even start about the bus stop incident.

Anyway, interested to see how this parking ticket pans out. Heard all sorts of "don't pay it" statements in the past but I don't actually know the legal standing.
DaveyLC

28th May 15 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a photo of the letter and post it up.
Generation

28th May 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't crop it enough to hide her name (lot of you on here are weirdos)

This should be readable

DaveyLC

28th May 15 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Load of old bollocks..

"we will recommend to the creditor's solicitor"

Blah blah..

Until you're receiving recorded or special delivery mail ignore the shit.
Brett
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Sarah Connor?"
Generation

28th May 15 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

28th May 15 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That letter's bullshit - they will send you them for a while, then they'll send you ones from the same company with a different name, then they'll give up.

I was ticketed for parking in a space I own by a company who use DRP. I had lots of letters from them for about a year, then they got bored.
oJNAo
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if you get a parking fine from a company like APCOA you can ignore it and not get shit all?
Brett
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get letters with nasty words.

Don't fuck with the council tho, been there
Nic Barnes

28th May 15 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send them one back billing them for your time
Generation

28th May 15 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have no proof we still live there. I assume they get address buy paying dvla. As car is now scrapped, surely that info is not longer available, so they can't be sure where she lives?

oJNAo
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if my council subcontract APCOA for their dirty work?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking fine help 22 database queries in 0.0213001 seconds