corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Gas BBQs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gas BBQs
James

User status: Offline
26th May 15 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does everyone have? I'm looking at getting one for my new house, only had a flat previously so I've never had a BBQ.

I want gas so that we can do a quick BBQ midweek after work without the hassle of charcoal.

Weber seems to come up as one of the better brands, currently looking at the Weber Spirit Original E-310:

https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/spirit-original-e-310/

Any other suggestions?
whitter45

26th May 15 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for te amount i use it seems pointless paying that sort of money

I go mine in the B&Q sale (around £100) and its lasted 3 years with no fuss
Ben G

26th May 15 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Jamie Oliver 3 burner one which is nice. It was free after they gave my dad 2 instead of one can't complain.

The gloss black finished has gone matte though. Think i cleaned it with the wrong stuff.
DaveyLC

26th May 15 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just how much you use it, its also how long you want it to last

Cheaper ones will rust fall to bits after a couple of bad winters unless you can move them into a dry place over winter.

Weber and Napoleon are two of the best brands
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th May 15 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad got me an Embermann 4burner (with one side burner) one for Christmas, we've used it exactly as you described a few times now this year - just whip it out after work for a cheeky burger.

We've got a half oil drum which I'll probably clean up and use for any "event" BBQs but can't beat the gas for convenient.

Other than my Embermann being tedious to build up (I was impatient, and hungry) it's been brilliant. Temp gauge on the lid is about as far as the fancy features go - but it's hot and easy to clean.

http://www.productsoutdoors.co.uk/review-Embermann-Spencer-4-Burner-Gas-BBQ.html

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dee25790

26th May 15 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an old oil drum, steel pipe, reg, and flashback arrestor and make your own! Will probably be about 30-50 quid and last twice as long as anything you buy

And you can have the industrial look everyone seems to love at the minute

Talking point too
Ben G

26th May 15 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a right old bodge job.
Dee25790

26th May 15 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Sounds a right old bodge job.

Depends what you've got available to you and how much effort you put into it. Use thick walled steel pipe thread it properly and use the correct fittings and hoses. Weld the rest up (pretty hard to get that bit wrong) and your away really..
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 02:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ice got a 7 burner one - 6 main 1 side

Cost me £200. I prefer gas ones due to convenience as people have said. You don't have to cook all your food at once like you do with coal
Balling
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 03:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had a small Weber Q1200 for years. Ready to cook in 10 minutes. Can't see myself going back to coal.

James

27th May 15 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we will use it at least twice a week during the summer, and I've heard that the Webers last well.

I've found the one on my link above for £480. The 2-burner one is less, but I'd rather have more than we need instead of less than we need...
baza31

27th May 15 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the whole idea of having a BBQ was so the food tasted differently cooked over coals ? Surely the food just tastes normal on gas ?
DaveyLC

27th May 15 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I thought the whole idea of having a BBQ was so the food tasted differently cooked over coals ? Surely the food just tastes normal on gas ?

Its the charring from 'a flame' that makes BBQ food taste, well BBQ'd! ...

I do think charcoal BBQ's are better for cooking leaner meats, but who wants all of that agro?
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I think we will use it at least twice a week during the summer, and I've heard that the Webers last well.

I've found the one on my link above for £480. The 2-burner one is less, but I'd rather have more than we need instead of less than we need...

Sounds like you know what you wanted before posting, get stuck in - it looks like a good un'

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31

If your gas oven is spitting open flames out onto your food - get it looked at.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

27th May 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you can get decent rocks now which are supposed to give the food a different taste. I bought some penrock from b&q last year (mainly because the standard lava rock was small so kept dropping down onto the drip tray) and the food tasted lovely.
pow
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like the painted on lines on Harvesters food eh Ben?

Weber are one of the better makes, used ot fly out the door when I worked at the garden centre
Ben G

27th May 15 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean it's not actually cooked on a grille?

The one we frequent has the grille right next to the salad bar so you can actually watch your food being grilled.

Found a couple of pics of my one:

3 burners is plenty, depending on your party size of course. As said, my dad has the same one and when we get together, theres about 10 of us and theres never a shortage of food.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th May 15 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

space for 20 burgers on mine.

I had 17 people round at the weekend
Ben G

28th May 15 at 03:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 burgers Think I can get 12 on mine.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 burner ben.

its pretty decent for the price
Ben G

28th May 15 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet you go through gas like crazy.
Ben G

28th May 15 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20% off weber's at homebase. The one you were looking at is coming in at £399.99

http://www.homebase.co.uk/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10011&categoryId=&productId=214741&urlLangId=110&langId=110&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10201
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th May 15 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea. only had it a year 4/5 bbq's
James

29th May 15 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
20% off weber's at homebase. The one you were looking at is coming in at £399.99

http://www.homebase.co.uk/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10011&categoryId=&productId=214741&urlLangId=110&langId=110&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10201

Different one unfortunately. That's the E310 Classic and the one I'm looking at is the E310 Original. The Original are just above the Classic in the range.

The one thing that puts me off the Webers is that the side tables don't fold down. Not a huge deal, but it would nice to have it take up less space when being stored.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll