corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car recommendations

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car recommendations
Robbo

User status: Offline
12th May 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be buying a car again soon and need some help wrt what to look for.

Primarily for use driving around North London and between London / Reading / Oxford but could be used for longer distance journeys as well as frequent 5 milers etc.
    City car / supermini size
    No more than 3 years old (40's mixed)
    Absolute price limit of £5k
    Good mpg
    Air con
    electrics
    mp3 player or bluetooth

Parents have a manky silver coloured 5 door Aygo that fits all of the above aside from mp3 etc. (which can be cured by an aftermarket) but anything else out there more Polo/Corsa sized?
Ben G

12th May 15 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vw up? Those are pretty cool.

I'd say a Fiesta fits all that criteria perfectly. It's Britains best selling car for a reason.
Robbo

12th May 15 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look at the Up. Fiesta in the right price bracket?
ShEp

12th May 15 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-KA-ZETEC-NEW-SHAPE-ONLY-25000-MILES-/221758277893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a1d2c905

Ka is quite a cool looking little thing, like a smaller fiesta.
James

12th May 15 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a Fiesta as a hire car twice on holiday and was very impressed both times. Always said if I wanted a small runaround car it would be between that and possibly a Mini.
Ellis

12th May 15 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Ford Ka is terrible to drive, my old dear has one. You don't really sit in it, rather on it. Quirky looking thing for a woman but would buy the Fiesta over the Ka every time.
pow
Premium Member

12th May 15 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kia Picanto!
3CorsaMeal

12th May 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aston martin cygnet, a beard, and drive around drinking rare coffee from a 1960's jam jar. it'll be perfection.
ShEp

12th May 15 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
The Ford Ka is terrible to drive, my old dear has one. You don't really sit in it, rather on it. Quirky looking thing for a woman but would buy the Fiesta over the Ka every time.

Sums up most super mini's I don't think the Fiesta can be classed as such nowadays, considering it's not all that small.
SVM 286

12th May 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about a C1, or an IQ Rob?
Welsh Dan

12th May 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's some good deals on the VW Up at the moment. I presume that the Skoda Citi or whichever the Up equivalent is, has equally good offers.
--ToM--

12th May 15 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M5 on finance
3CorsaMeal

12th May 15 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Millennium falcon
Ben G

12th May 15 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:

Sums up most super mini's I don't think the Fiesta can be classed as such nowadays, considering it's not all that small.

If you have trouble parking a Fiesta then you really shouldn't have a driving license.
recarouk

12th May 15 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-SEAT-MII-SPORT-LOW-MILEAGE-1-OWNER-FULL-SEAT-SERVICE-HISTORY-FINANCE-PX-/321742886854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae95ed7c6

doesnt show the nav but it clips into the middle of the dash above the stereo, bluetooth all runs through that or direct plug and plug via a lead into the head unit itself

Tiger

12th May 15 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prius
ShEp

12th May 15 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:

If you have trouble parking a Fiesta then you really shouldn't have a driving license.

Who mentioned trouble parking a fiesta?
Stuart H

12th May 15 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa?
Gareth T

12th May 15 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suzuki alto, fiat panda, mini cooper D
Graeme
Premium Member

12th May 15 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by recarouk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-SEAT-MII-SPORT-LOW-MILEAGE-1-OWNER-FULL-SEAT-SERVICE-HISTORY-FINANCE-PX-/321742886854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae95ed7c6

doesnt show the nav but it clips into the middle of the dash above the stereo, bluetooth all runs through that or direct plug and plug via a lead into the head unit itself

This or the skoda version. Citigo I think it's called. All same as the VW up with out the silly price tag. Really nice to drive.
Ben G

12th May 15 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:

Who mentioned trouble parking a fiesta?

Why else would you want a supermini for the commute into London? Read between the lines.
pow
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Panda
Ben G

13th May 15 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never understood the hype with the Panda tbh. They look like something my grandad would drive.

For reference, my grandad used to own a Fiat Multipla and Nissan Prairie, so it's not something to aspire to

He does also own a 70's beetle, camper van, Humber and a volvo rally car though.

[Edited on 13-05-2015 by Ben G]
recarouk

13th May 15 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:
Originally posted by recarouk

This or the skoda version. Citigo I think it's called. All same as the VW up with out the silly price tag. Really nice to drive.

totally agree, in fact i bought a Citigo Monte carlo last month as the work runner, its a hoot to drive, £35 to fill the tank up too
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seat mii comes in at that price. Absolute bargain.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car recommendations 23 database queries in 0.1085460 seconds