corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b eccentric top mount pic request

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b eccentric top mount pic request
Jed D

User status: Offline
8th May 15 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who have fitted the eccentric top mounts to a corsa b, can i have a picture of how much and where the turret needed trimmed please

much appreciated
Nic Barnes

8th May 15 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted them upside down and cut nothing.
Generation

8th May 15 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't trim anything
Jed D

8th May 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv heard that nic, mite just do that... spent the day fucking around trying to get them to fit the jamex dampers and spax springs only to find out they dont fit on oem style dampers
iv had to downgrade and ordered some of them gaz gold coilover shite...
Col004

8th May 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with Klint today when you rang and he showed me the pictures. You Defo need Coilovers mate.

And GAZ are ok

[Edited on 08-05-2015 by Col004]
Jed D

9th May 15 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
I was with Klint today when you rang and he showed me the pictures. You Defo need Coilovers mate.

And GAZ are ok

ah you must be his mate with a corsa he was on about then

yeah, iv already got the longer version of them on the rear with 500lb springs and i love them but im a bit unsure about how these are going to be on the front, like i said, iv had the jamex for years, iv tried many different types of other dampers and springs and also the cheaper types of coilovers before and iv always ended up going back on the jamex's.... people may laugh about them but its the serious lack of lift when launching that i like about them.
buying the gaz's aren't a problem because the cars getting to that stage now where if it needs something it'll get it, otherwise there was no point coming this far...

iv ordered the 'ultra low' ones for the front and went for pretty firm but slightly softer than the rear 400lb springs.... i just hope when it wound all the way up its not too low and it doesnt lift when launching, it'll be my 60ft's im watching again

being a friend of klints may i ask your views on putting the top mounts upside down? i know theres the little cir-clip bit in the top, seems a lot of weight to put on it, be ok you think?
Nic Barnes

9th May 15 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 years wit them upside down, zero issue.

I used to have spax on my corsa, was way better than Gäz stuff imho
Jed D

9th May 15 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, that puts my mind at ease a bit, spax coilovers? they good? already ordered the gaz's now like
Jed D

9th May 15 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for those who genuinely do pay an interest in what i do with this car...

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/748961-griffin-auto-sport-racing-jeds-x30xe-all-motor-corsa-b-%2Apic-heavy%2A.html

no taylorboosh in here please ^^
Col004

9th May 15 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:

And GAZ are ok

ah you must be his mate with a corsa he was on about then

yeah, iv already got the longer version of them on the rear with 500lb springs and i love them but im a bit unsure about how these are going to be on the front, like i said, iv had the jamex for years, iv tried many different types of other dampers and springs and also the cheaper types of coilovers before and iv always ended up going back on the jamex's.... people may laugh about them but its the serious lack of lift when launching that i like about them.
buying the gaz's aren't a problem because the cars getting to that stage now where if it needs something it'll get it, otherwise there was no point coming this far...

iv ordered the 'ultra low' ones for the front and went for pretty firm but slightly softer than the rear 400lb springs.... i just hope when it wound all the way up its not too low and it doesnt lift when launching, it'll be my 60ft's im watching again

being a friend of klints may i ask your views on putting the top mounts upside down? i know theres the little cir-clip bit in the top, seems a lot of weight to put on it, be ok you think?

Ello

I know what you mean. You find what you're happy with and stick to it. But I've personal had no issues with Gaz apart from rear spring issues on the Corsa but that's another story

I've had SPAX on my old nova and wasn't keen as the adjustment seized in no time. Had Gaz on my Williams Clio for years and did the best part of 40k miles on them all year round and they were the best I've personally had, always adjusted etc .

I can't comment on the Corsa as its not finished but due to having them on the Williams and them being good for me, I've took a punt with Gaz on the Corsa.

Everyone has their own opinion. You can make yours mate. You can also play around with the spring poundage over time as the springs are not expensive. I think you'll be happy with it all mate

As for fitting them upside down. I'm awear Nic did it with no issues and that's fine. Me personally wouldn't trust all the weight on the circlip as you've stated. So no, I wouldn't as it would play on my mind.

[Edited on 09-05-2015 by Col004]
Jed D

9th May 15 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont seem to fit the rite way up without cutting the hole bigger...
and i only just found out today that the rose jointed track rods dont fit, had to drill the hole out on the hub. klints gear is top notch, im not disputing that, sounds a very pleasant guy on the phone too it just seems a bit unfair to say their for a corsa b when nothing fits direct
iv had to do a little work up inside the turret too to get it to sit flush
Col004

9th May 15 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you do have to cut the turret hole bigger to get full adjustment and mod the turret for fitments of eccentric top mounts.
You do also have to drill the hub for the track rod ends. Klint will be in the process in putting instructions into his kits.
I personally went for his solid none adjustment mounts that are a direct fit. No issues at all and no cutting.
I've drilled my hubs for the TRE's and they are fine too.
Nic Barnes

10th May 15 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to trim the track rods down loads also
Jed D

10th May 15 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes you do have to cut the turret hole bigger to get full adjustment and mod the turret for fitments of eccentric top mounts.
You do also have to drill the hub for the track rod ends. Klint will be in the process in putting instructions into his kits.
I personally went for his solid none adjustment mounts that are a direct fit. No issues at all and no cutting.
I've drilled my hubs for the TRE's and they are fine too.

13mm drill bit through the hub yeah?

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Had to trim the track rods down loads also

the actual track rod ends themselves?
Nic Barnes

10th May 15 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drum stick
Jed D

10th May 15 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the oem bit that goes into the rack?
Col004

10th May 15 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it was a 13mm mate.. Can't remember as I Did it ages ago. Just mic it up and check for a tight fit.

As for the drum stick/track rod, I didnt have to trim mine although I have seen builds like Nic's and Brod's where they have trimmed them. I'm running an EPAS rack and bought new track rods from my local motor factors. I didnt have the old track rods to hand to offer up against each other to compare but I havent trimmed my ones.
Nic Barnes

10th May 15 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it been tracked up though Colin? I'd guess not as you haven't finished it. They fitted together fine but we're too long to give enough adjustment to bring it back in spec hence the trimming. You wouldn't really be able to tell until you get to that point. By looking at them I'm sure they look fine......
Col004

10th May 15 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it built up and down on its wheels the other week and tracked it with a cheap mobile kit my mate had and it seemed fine. And to the eye it look true. Stripped everything off again for powder coating now.

I'll see what happens mate. But the stuff I've got off klint is second to none in my eyes. Odd mods are required hear and there but nothing too tasking. Thats the game of putting these types of cars together.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Col004]
Nic Barnes

10th May 15 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huge difference in length. That was them wound right on which as you know is useless.
Nic Barnes

10th May 15 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should add the drum sticks were exactly the same length
Col004

10th May 15 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.... I see mate... My drum stick is not as long as your one in that picture. Mine fits spot on mate.

[Edited on 10-05-2015 by Col004]
Jed D

11th May 15 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the info lads

il not do anything with my 'drumsticks' just yet, il get it somewhere near lined up before taking it for lazer aliment again
just waiting on parts like a patient dog waiting for food
SVM 286

11th May 15 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not heard anyone call track rods drum sticks before Is that a northern ting gents?

Also, do rose joints used in place of track rod ends on a road car, wear out at an astonishing rate?
Jed D

11th May 15 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
I've not heard anyone call track rods drum sticks before Is that a northern ting gents?

Also, do rose joints used in place of track rod ends on a road car, wear out at an astonishing rate?

i'd never heard that before tbh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b eccentric top mount pic request 22 database queries in 0.1946790 seconds