corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car painter advice.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car painter advice.
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
27th Apr 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently had my bumper painted (about 2 months ago) and have just noticed this today. I went over it a few times to make sure all was well which it was and now this has appeared. Looks like the paint has started to separate. Under both headlights and starting to follow the line down.

MikeF86

27th Apr 15 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an opinion from another local body's hop rather than some internet advice by people thinking they know what they are talking about?
Corsa_Sport21

27th Apr 15 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the last thing I would do tbh as chances of them being a bit arsey due to asking advice on someone else's work is high lol.

I will take it back to the painter, but would rather know possible causes 1st so they don't try turn the blame on me or fob me off with poor excuses.
--ToM--

27th Apr 15 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a total waste of time, no body shop will ever have a good word to say about another body shops work anywau
Dee25790

27th Apr 15 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with what's getting said there. If someone had a problem and rang me up I would probably slag the other spark off like fuck without event realising and basically not give any real answer other than a price for me to fix it
AndyCorsaSport

27th Apr 15 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a shit job anyway. Finish looks crap, and the poorly masked rubbers under the head lights. Poor prep I say. (I'm not just and Internet opinion)
Corsa_Sport21

27th Apr 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are those rubbers attached to the bumper or headlights?
nathy_87

28th Apr 15 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who the fuck has done that?
Corsa_Sport21

28th Apr 15 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one personally. That's the point of this thread, looking for possible causes.

Also r.e the rubbers. Those aren't attached to the bumper, so not the painters doing as it was removed from the car. Must have been when a previous owner had it painted.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Apr 15 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubbers are on the bumper on mk4 Astra.

The rubbers cover the rivets which are holding a bracket on.
DaveyLC

29th Apr 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! That's been lashed, prepped badly and laid on too thickly.. expect it all to flake off.
Corsa_Sport21

29th Apr 15 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
The rubbers are on the bumper on mk4 Astra.

The rubbers cover the rivets which are holding a bracket on.

You sure? I've removed 1 ages ago and can't remember it having the rubbers on the bumper. The mounting brackets are all on the car on mk4's.

This thread doesn't show or mention the rubbers being on the bumper but maybe missed that part, dunno.

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php/408670-How-to-Remove-an-Mk4-front-bumper

The paint isn't flaking off, it's separating away from itself. Like a reaction but I'll see what the painter says.
whitter45

29th Apr 15 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the part black plastic orginally - chances are its got silicon based products embedded within the bumper and its reacted

Had this when I had my plastic arches done on my corsa B years ago.

[Edited on 29-04-2015 by whitter45]
Corsa_Sport21

29th Apr 15 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's all just painted.

Is it possible that back to black like stuff has burned through it? I did spray stuff on the grille prior to noticing this. Wouldn't have thought so though as I didn't go near the edges under the lights b
DaveyLC

29th Apr 15 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its shrinkage.. nothing has burned through.
nathy_87

29th Apr 15 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
No one personally. That's the point of this thread, looking for possible causes.

Also r.e the rubbers. Those aren't attached to the bumper, so not the painters doing as it was removed from the car. Must have been when a previous owner had it painted.

Sorry. I meant what company? They've done a right piss poor job as previously mentioned surely it's not that much work to: a) Mask the appropriate areas or b)take the part off the vehicle that needing painting.
Corsa_Sport21

29th Apr 15 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:

Sorry. I meant what company? They've done a right piss poor job as previously mentioned surely it's not that much work to: a) Mask the appropriate areas or b)take the part off the vehicle that needing painting.

The bumper was removed from the car, and the number plate and fog lights were removed from the bumper. That's all that's attached to it.
MikeF86

29th Apr 15 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's the last thing I would do tbh as chances of them being a bit arsey due to asking advice on someone else's work is high lol.

I will take it back to the painter, but would rather know possible causes 1st so they don't try turn the blame on me or fob me off with poor excuses.

They wouldn't be arsey if they thought they were getting a job out of it. Go there acting stupid (doesn't seem difficult for you) and say 'excuse me experienced car painter man, what's your thoughts on this? How much to fix etc'. Anyone any good would give you their opinion then you are armed with an experts opinion when you take it to the place that painted it.

All you've done is ask a load of randoms on the Internet who think they know everything as you want to go back the original painter armed with knowledge. All they've done is slag the work off which is the reason you're giving for not wanting to ask an expert/another bodyshop

Corsa_Sport21

30th Apr 15 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely any expert painter will know it's been done recently? If they are any good they would know.
Generation

30th Apr 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
3CorsaMeal

30th Apr 15 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But surely any expert painter will know it's been done recently? If they are any good they would know.

Am sure Steve will be along soon to let us know
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 15 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright pal
3CorsaMeal

30th Apr 15 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want some?
Jambo

30th Apr 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got no fans Jim
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Apr 15 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take it back to the original place and show them. Be polite and they will redo it.

Well that's what I would do if it came back. Things like this happen. Not every single job is perfect every time.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car painter advice. 22 database queries in 0.1828759 seconds