corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa GSi 1.8

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi 1.8
doristori

User status: Offline
14th May 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you GAZ914

I have been looking everywhere, I have on order a K&N filter that is speically for the 1.8, no suspension kits, no nothing beside this, though I know that the exhaust from the 2.0 liter ecotec engines will fit as well as some other things from those engines.

I am thinking about reprogramming the ecu and putting in the filter as well as taking the exhaust through some changes. will be close or over 150 then but I am just wondering how I will be able to get close to 200, have seen a computer graph displaying propable 0-100 time and it would be around 5.8-6.2 secs
Cybermonkey

15th May 03 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a new air filter, you will see a 2bhp increase if you are lucky. You need an exhaust system that is designed for the car too, you cant just take one off another vauxhall. You will experience no gains in doing this since the width of the exhaust will be the same, and will flow the same amount of exhaust gases as before. To get it close to 150, you are looking at a fair bit of work, let alone 200! Am i right in thinking they are 125bhp standard?

Dave
doristori

15th May 03 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, they are 125bhp standard

I am looking at a close to 20bhp increase from a new ecu, a bigger exhaust and the filter so that put me close to 150bhp
miles

15th May 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get 250bhp from an N/A 1.6 16v if you have the cash!

You want to get some throttle bodies and a management system. I dont know much about this engine but these mods on the 1.6 16v give about 160bhp. So maybe 170/180+??? Then cams to go further.

Its all about moving the rev limit really.

Expect to spend around £2000 on the tb set up. Speak to sbd about a kit. They maybe able to sort something out.

Gary Gsi - whats being done during your rebuild?
Banzeh

15th May 03 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since its gonna be a squeeze gettin the bhp up to where u want arent u gonna want the best of everything? e.g. Viper induction instead of a standard k&n.
Cybermonkey

15th May 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HA HA HA! Best of everything??? You have no idea, a PiperX viper kit is mainly for visual attraction, the best way to get gains through the inlet manifold is to change the whole lot including plenum, sticking with standard airbox, drilling it and fitting a K&N panel filter with plenty of cold air feeds. Go back to your bodykits little boy.
Banzeh

18th May 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cybermonkey why dont u fuck off back to ure little 'exclusive' world where u live. The guy is looking for suggestions and i gave my best suggestion on an induction kit. sorry that we dont all come up to ure impecable standards

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll