corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Millennium Falcon Model

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Millennium Falcon Model
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Mar 15 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the guys on the forum is spraying his black
3CorsaMeal

28th Mar 15 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rat look falcon.
Jambo

29th Mar 15 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he going to lower it?
Balling
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
created a template on the computer

"Created"

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/brians-build-log/page/3/#post-670

Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you ok balling? You seem to get awfully angry about my modelling threads.

And yes I did have to create it. Although I downloaded a Base template from somewhere, I still had to size it, tweak it, add a few bits, experiment with various paper types and thicknesses and printing methods to arrive there. It was actually two evenings of fucking about even with that starting point.

On the other forum I did say that I used brians template. If I said that here no one would know who the fuck Brian is

[Edited on 29-03-2015 by Steve]
Balling
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When have I ever acted angry? Was it because I criticised your dry brushing?

I enjoy your modelling threads, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway I have ordered an aftermarket replacement to the cockpit that has arrived with the last issue, the supplied one is pretty poor really, il post some pics of it later but this is the replacement

much finer details, expensive though
Balling
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great attention to detail. Can't wait to see more.

Like.

3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 15 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£900 and you have to buy bits to make it decent. I'd be taking lips off....
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl, there are petitions and all sorts going on about the cockpit now
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dear DeAgostini,

I am a very happy subscriber and supporter of what you are doing with this collection… I am also fully appreciative of what an ambitious task it is…

Needless to say, most of us here, amateur and pro-modeller alike, seem to have a deep and wide knowledge of what it is we are building…
For us to go to this expense and to make this 2 year commitment, you have to understand that we have between us extensive knowledge about the exact specs of the Millennium Falcon and will understandably have high expectations of what you have advertised as being ‘the most accurate Millennium Falcon model available’…
I hope you can also appreciate the need for us as subscribers, obviously within reason, to make you aware of any inconsistencies and obvious errors with the parts supplied, and to give you the opportunity to rectify these errors going forward…

Many subscribers, including myself, have raised issues about receiving inconsistently coloured hull plating parts… These issues need to be addressed NOW, as any more time will only make the problem worse and requiring extensive painting work on the part of the subscriber to achieve a standardised finish…

It is also clear the Cockpit Canopy is incorrect… An easy mistake to make, but nevertheless an on obvious error in a very noticeable place… You have already acknowledged this in a previous thread (http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/cockpit-canopy-retool/) but have as yet not responded as to what you propose to fix it…
Some subscribers have gone to the lengths of buying 3D printed replacements at considerable expense or even started cutting away at the supplied part to fix it themselves…

These problems need to be rectified and parts replaced as necessary… Modifications of this nature are not an option for myself and without wanting to speak for anyone else, I have started this petition to allow any others who feel the same as me to add their voices…
Please accept this petition in the positive spirit in which it is intended, and in no way a complaint, but as an encouragement for you to maintain standards throughout the duration of this 2 year partnership we have engaged in together…

Thank you and we look forward to your response confirming these problems will be fixed as soon as possible…
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed….
May I allso thank you for bringing us this model, it will be fantastic im sure.
I must add that all the advertising pictures that you have used for this model makes the subscriber presume that he is looking at what he will be building. The cockpit is nothing like your advertising and so I think it would be within the law for us to return all the issues so far and claim a full refund as the supplied parts are not as advertised. This for me will be a last resort but it is an option if the cockpit is not corrected, and I think you need to double check all other parts before dispatch to the subscribers.The hull plates should have set the alarm bells ringing , which allso are nothing like your advertising pictures and to be fair to your subscribers a correct part should be supplied.I must say that I wonder if this model has actually been built as you have not used correct images to advertise this product. Its like buying a shirt with white buttons from an online supplier and when it turns up it has red buttons, this is grounds to return for a full refund.
Marc

29th Mar 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people need to get out the house more, and thats coming from me
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sort of hobby definitely attracts people with certain tendencies, aspergers, etc
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted some of the pipework

Didnt like the stock colours at all though, so repainted them something a bit more funky

3CorsaMeal

30th Mar 15 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its definitely the best one on the build forum

Just seen this one

http://i.imgur.com/LMs7QYg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tbayAmA.jpg

[Edited on 30-03-2015 by Ian]
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL yeah that one made me laugh
DaveyLC

30th Mar 15 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last one is BRILLIANT! Who painted it? A Five year old?
Brett
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus
DaveyLC

30th Mar 15 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I especially love the 'grubby gluey' finger prints on everything
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people are so ham fisted
Marc

30th Mar 15 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any bigger pics?
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 15 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no sorry
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Mar 15 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edited those links as its interfering with the cockpit complaint post.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Millennium Falcon Model 23 database queries in 0.2034369 seconds