corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football thread sponsered by Piers Morgan

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football thread sponsered by Piers Morgan
Ben G

User status: Offline
9th Feb 15 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem to misread peoples posts. There is no anger there whatsoever. We drew against one of the biggest teams in the world.
p

9th Feb 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Pretty much.

I've not seen anything about him that he was hyped up to be, supposed to have massive balls, and not playing players for who they are, which is exactly what he isn't doing.

Part of me wonders wether he's been told he has to play some of these players.

Valid point, Steve. Although, some part of me thinks he has 'fuck all' options so he has to play who he is playing. I reckon he would drop a serious amount of them if he could, which, in some ways is still surprising. Persie has been poor for ages, Falcao is looking shocking, Mata is no where near my old Mata, Di Maria is seriously inconsistent at the moment, and Rooney, well fuck knows. But, caveat being the lop sidedness of the team isn't going in favour of those individuals being able to perform. I think secretly LVG would turf many of them out if he could. He's always had teams who are hard workers, disciplined, and United aren't, especially the former is what I'm mainly getting at. But, aren't they unbeaten in 17, though? I mean that's somrthing if true. Too many attacking options to be in the 11, somehow I'd only have like Di Maria, Mata, and one striker who's going to put them away. Ironically, would never of let the little Prick go to Real Madrid, either.

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by p]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be true but he has options that at least don't mean playing players out of position. Why is he not playing herrera? When Rooney looks so poor in cm Surely herrera should be getting a lookin esp as when he has come on United instantly look better. Also di maria needs to be on the wings and he has the players that will enable him to play there.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two slow strikers up top too that are creating no movement or chances, he needs to drop at least one of them and put someone to play off them with pace, wilson for example, or rooney back where he normally plays.

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by Steve]
p

9th Feb 15 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea about Herrera, I mean I only look at other teams from a fair distance as suppose to my own.

Rad and Persie are all about their movement?! And the finishing, of course. You just can't fit all them attackers in the 11, simple as that really. Too unbalanced it really is. Plus, you need them to get chances from the midfield to actually even try and score. You can't rely on individual efforts all the time.

Marc

9th Feb 15 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need a couple of players like Chicarito and Kagawa
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting stat from the weekend

Manchester United (A) 18 shots. 6 on target.
Arsenal (A): 7 and 3
Spurs (H): 23 and 8
City (H): 18 and 5
Chelsea (A) 12 and 2
Liverpool (A) 17 and 6

Shots on goal/on target
taylorboosh

9th Feb 15 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why interesting
chrisritch

9th Feb 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is that interesting?
Marc

9th Feb 15 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anything it praises West Ham's defence.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't think we had that many
kennySRi

10th Feb 15 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main concern for me is why LVG isn't playing Herrera. I've been to a lot of home games this season and when he has played he is excellent, such a talented player and for some reason hasn't started for a few months. I reckon he has pissed LVG off and is being punished for it.

Put him in midfield instead of Rooney and hen Rooney can take one of the lazy strikers off, and whilst they're at it put Wilson on for the other one.

Pretty sure the only game we have lost since Citeh in November is against Southampton so that's a good stat but a team with those players in should be scoring for fun and it just isn't happening. I believe it will click at some point and be a great team but it's not happening yet.
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I didn't think we had that many

You had a lot of shots, most were shit and wide though.
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we using this thread for midweek football?

Arsenal to go all out tonight and anihilate the foxes
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw Spuds fans were unbearable last night.

They definitely have a cup ready to Present for finishing above Arsenal in the league.
Marc

10th Feb 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And a 3D Bluray with digital copy?
DC90

10th Feb 15 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone seen the documents LVG has produced? Showing data from the West Ham game
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
DC90

10th Feb 15 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to @bbcsport it was posted 20 mins ago. I'm on my phone so not much use!
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lollers just seen it

He might not be able to get united playing very well at the moment but at least hes entertaining

[Edited on 10-02-2015 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It would be fair to say Louis van Gaal is irked by suggestions he has turned Manchester United into a long ball team.

The four A4-sized stats sheets he was carrying as he entered the press conference room at Carrington this lunchtime was confirmation he knew the questions about United's style were coming.

The answers were long and detailed.

He fundamentally disagreed with Sam Allardyce's view at West Ham on Sunday. He claimed most of United's long passes were sideways, in an attempt to switch play and he had only reverted to a more direct approach when it became obvious a change in tactic was required.

As he left the room, he advised all journalists to take a copy of the stats - and "show them to Big Sam".

"I am sorry, you are saying what is not happening," he tells the journalist asking the questions.

"We are playing ball possession play and after 70 minutes (at West Ham) we did not succeed, in spite of many chances in the second half - so then I changed my playing style.

"Then, of course, with the quality of Fellaini, we played more forward balls and we scored from that, so I think it was a very good decision of the manager.

"But, when you see overall the long ball, and what is the percentage of that, then West Ham have played 71% of the long balls to the forwards and we 49.

"I give it you these stats," he says, handing out his stat sheets. "You can copy it and then maybe you can go to Big Sam and he will get a good interpretation."

JonnyJ

10th Feb 15 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trolled by fucking Sam Allerdyce

United are the new Liverpool. Harking back to the old days, sending shit letters to managers to let them know how they are meant to play and now their manager has had a Rafa "fact" style meltdown.
Ben G

10th Feb 15 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LVG realy took BFS' comments to heart. Unbelievable.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
No idea about Herrera, I mean I only look at other teams from a fair distance as suppose to my own.

Rad and Persie are all about their movement?! And the finishing, of course. You just can't fit all them attackers in the 11, simple as that really. Too unbalanced it really is. Plus, you need them to get chances from the midfield to actually even try and score. You can't rely on individual efforts all the time.

That's why Falcao and RvP don't work. Both of them rely on their movement to get in behind, so there's nobody to come in short. That's where Rooney fits in. He'll drop deep and pick it up to either have a dig or roll it in to the run of his strike partner.
Di Maria was fantastic (at times) for Real Madrid, but he had a lot more talent around him to pass to Now he runs with the ball and either shoots or plays a pass to where a run should have been.
chrisritch

10th Feb 15 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really hope we do Spurs, hate them

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football thread sponsered by Piers Morgan 23 database queries in 0.1014910 seconds