corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealership rip off prices

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dealership rip off prices
Ben G

User status: Offline
29th Jan 15 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, Robin. I see a lot of continental/bosch/sachs logo's on the engines as i rack them up. There's probably more but i've never really looked for them.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 15 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Is there a price difference where different brands share parts, buying Audi parts from a Skoda dealer for instance?

Yeah although based on one of my mate's experiences of it, it was cheaper to buy the stuff from Audi. Can't remember which part but that did surprise me.
tom130691
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Parts are not suddenly going to start being a different quality to what they were a few years previous just because a dealer isnt buying so many of them, dont be stupid.

[Edited on 28-01-2015 by Steve]

your a fucking mong,

tools wear, suppliers will use less expensive materials, quality checking/testing will be no where near the level it was in production because there is no OEM driving the quality

after market parts usually get what 1 - 2 years warranty ? in production at JLR for example, designs and standard are produce parts to do 10 year life cycles
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
your a fucking mong,

Irony.

PS. You're talking shit. Either way your argument is pointless because you can still get the parts at a fraction of the price even when compared to dealer supplied parts that are still current.

[Edited on 29-01-2015 by Steve]
antnee

29th Jan 15 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the automotive supply industry, the company which makes the component during production life of the vehicle will do so to the standards required by and agreed with the OEM (Car manufacturer). When the vehicle production is stopped, the company supplying will sometimes build the required 'stock' for the OEM to hold on to or the tooling will be sold onto another company (sometimes the likes of unipart) who will make the 'spares'. I think the much cheaper versions may come about if the tooling is sold on again and by that point the tooling is probably well past it's design life and the quality of the materials probably won't be as good, so the parts can be made much cheaper and sold much cheaper.

FYI, I work for a tier 1 & 2 automotive supplier to JLR, Volvo, Nissan and Toyota.
antnee

29th Jan 15 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I don't buy that at all lol

Why?

seems logical, I see the the amount of agreements and standards/tolerances the suppliers have to meet, little things can scrap a part, that a bloke on his drive wouldn't notice.

None OEM service stock is never going to meet the same requirements

there is a mark up a Jag diff is £250 in house, from a dealer its over 1k, that side of it is business, im sure the logistics of storing all these parts in warehouses isnt cheap.

if you want a good part designed and manufactured properly you have to fork out

JLR buy a single front seat off of Lear for around £8-900, by the time joe bloggs wants to buy one from the dealer I think it would be around £3-4000, because of the shipping/handling plus going through the JLR and dealer systems.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol 2800 to ship and handle a seat. Is it shipped in a van made of gold
Cole

29th Jan 15 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nissan qashqai hid ignitors £300 a side from Nissan ,genuine brand new hella part £45 online
baza31

29th Jan 15 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll tell you one thing, when ordering a new van they tried charging nearly £600 delivery!!!! Best thing is that's delivery to the garage. So after wanting me to hand over 19k I have to pay for the thing to be delivered. What's that about
Corsa_Sport21

29th Jan 15 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Is there a price difference where different brands share parts, buying Audi parts from a Skoda dealer for instance?

Yeah although based on one of my mate's experiences of it, it was cheaper to buy the stuff from Audi. Can't remember which part but that did surprise me.

I bought a dump valve from Audi (was even an updated version) for less than what VW wanted for the older spec part. I used my reg to price it at VW and my old mans TT reg to price and buy it from Audi. Was about half the price. Same genuine part, just different part numbers.
Nic Barnes

29th Jan 15 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't like the price, don't pay it imho. End of thread.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dealership rip off prices 22 database queries in 0.0126359 seconds