corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover VS Focus

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Range Rover VS Focus
SVM 286

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I doubt the law would blame the rr - infact it wouldnt surprise me if the focus driver got banned

Deffo reckless, or at the very least careless and inconsiderate.

It will be interesting to see what the end result is (endorsement-wise) after the police have had sight of the footage.
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, does anyone know whether or not the focus actually collided with the oncoming car it was heading for on the other side of the road?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Mike claimed to pull similar moves when letting stuff out

Sorry what? I was on a national speed limit road, looking ahead and planning. I wasn't in a residential area with parked cars on both sides, overreacting to someone else's poor driving. The Focus could've easily remained behind the Range Rover at the speed he was previously happy with so the only similarity was that someone overtook someone else.
Graham88

23rd Jan 15 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus all day long

Range made a mistake, albeit a very annoying one, but no need to a violent overtake after and definitely no need to brake test them.

Focus driver just got the hump when somebody with a nicer car thought they owned the road, we've all thought it, but we haven't made somebody rear end us.
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Btw, does anyone know whether or not the focus actually collided with the oncoming car it was heading for on the other side of the road?

Oncoming car? I don't see any oncoming traffic at all, only parked cars.

MX5 Project Thread
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ha, just re-watched the footage.

Where it is quite blurry, it looked to me as though there was a car on the other side of the road briefly.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 15 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'd probably be as well to assume there was traffic there even if there wasn't. Loads of places for people looking to join in to the Focus's path, people crossing, kids etc. Absence of a car you can see doesn't mean absence of hazards or carte blanche to fly past like a mad man.
Dee25790

25th Jan 15 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Wow, nice stereotype there, dickhead

Never met a single rr driver by mine that wasn't.
taylorboosh

25th Jan 15 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give over
Ben G

25th Jan 15 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He probably goes out of his way to provoke a range rover driver just so he can go and tell him mates what dickheads they all are
baza31

25th Jan 15 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowt wrong with rr drivers
MatthewR

25th Jan 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant over take like that regardless of whether the Range pulled out - if the space isnt big enough for him to brake then he should hit the range from behind - it'd then be the RR fault.

Ben G

25th Jan 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proving that would be massively difficult though. There was plenty of space to brake. It's a ford focus with disk brakes, not a morris minor.

[Edited on 25-01-2015 by Ben G]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 15 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
if the space isnt big enough for him to brake then he should hit the range from behind - it'd then be the RR fault.

You joking? The Focus accelerates towards the back of it. There's probably time to stop, get out and open your sandwiches.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Proving that would be massively difficult though. There was plenty of space to brake. It's a ford focus with disk brakes, not a morris minor.

[Edited on 25-01-2015 by Ben G]

Drum brakes actually have a better braking force than discs. However the issue of fading and ease to work on make discs favourable
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The focus had time to slow. He just overtook because the range pulled out righting front of him. I may have been tempted to do the same too, as long as it was obviously clear though. And not done the brake checking
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focuses fault, the RR had no time to increase the distance between him and the focus before the focus slammed on and caused the accident deliberately, that's how it'd go down in court.

[Edited on 25-01-2015 by pow]
SVM 286

25th Jan 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed Pow. The whole point that the focus driver actually, DELIBERATELY, caused an RTA, is lunacy.

As if insurance premiums weren't already high enough and emergency services not already inundated thoroughly enough.

Dude needs a few weeks in Belmarsh just to clarify what is and isn't important in life and how one should behave at the wheel.

Dickhead needs to get some perspective. Maybe some thinking time would help.
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that goes to court I should think that the focus driver will get 6 points or a short ban for dangerous
taylorboosh

25th Jan 15 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think he expected the RR to hit him, people mention the slow reaction of the driver - but he was probably thinking wtf? Where did he come from?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover VS Focus 23 database queries in 0.0148041 seconds