corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover VS Focus

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Range Rover VS Focus
jacko198

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 15 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's in the wrong?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=458726900941928

Personally l think both but I have to say I did laugh at the range rover driver for being a dick and getting his car smashed!

If the driver with the film didn't stop the focus driver would have won that claim!

[Edited on 23-01-2015 by jacko198]
spencer88

23rd Jan 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus look like it sped up when it saw the Range Rover pulling out.

Both in the wrong, but the Focus more so.
DaveyLC

23rd Jan 15 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Focus clearly... Yeah the RR was an arse for pulling out but the Focus didn't even make an attempt to slow down.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Range Rover driver just orders another Range Rover, focus owner misses Jeremy Kyle and has to catch a bus home

lol
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is the Focus at fault? first the RR pulled out when it wasn't really clear, the focus overtakes, which he's entitled to do, road markings etc. then the RR goes into the back of him, which is 99% always the fault of the person behind for not paying attention. Yes the focus was driving a little aggressively, but technically not done too much wrong

[Edited on 23-01-2015 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would like to have seen the after fight though
big eck

23rd Jan 15 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The RR was a bit stupid pulling out like that but the focus was even more stupid to pass him like that then slam the brakes on, especially as he's not even pulled in front properly.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with the overtake, Mike claimed to pull similar moves when letting stuff out and CS was bigging him up, so now we can say sort of move is ok that leaves the slamming on of the brakes, which yes is a bit cockish but in the eyes of the insurance would be the RRs fault, what happened if it was a cat running out that caused him to slam on
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Who's in the wrong?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=458726900941928

The focarse driver. He/she is obviously some kind of fucking idiot.

The driver of the gay looking Range Rover is almost certainly a selfish twat and has chanced their arm by pulling out too late, but that looks like nothing more than 'road rage' gone wrong on the part of the hatchback driver.

If they'd performed an emergency stop, leant on the horn and called the bell-end in the RR a c*nt and then chilled for a bit, there'd have been no accident.
boylers11

23rd Jan 15 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus driver's a knob. It's going to be a 30mph area judging by the surroundings. He's doing 30ish I reckon when the RR pulls out, then clearly speeds up to overtake.
It's not safe to overtake as there are parked cars on both sides of the road AND he clearly pulls in way too close to the RR and then slams his brakes on.
What a total arse!
taylorboosh

23rd Jan 15 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo focus
jacko198

23rd Jan 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Nothing wrong with the overtake, Mike claimed to pull similar moves when letting stuff out and CS was bigging him up, so now we can say sort of move is ok that leaves the slamming on of the brakes, which yes is a bit cockish but in the eyes of the insurance would be the RRs fault, what happened if it was a cat running out that caused him to slam on

Yeah was thinking that. Cat ran out. Car pulls out of parking space.

Very slow reactions from the RR driver. Could have been on their phone?
JordyCarter

23rd Jan 15 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcourse its the focus

Ive pulled out accidentally on people and people have done it to me. It happens. You just slow down and live with it. Focus owner is a right cunt overtaking like that if it was me id of got out the RR and strangled him
tom130691
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd expect the focus to be done for reckless driving tbh
Rick Draper

23rd Jan 15 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus looks to have a brake light out too.
Ben G

23rd Jan 15 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Nothing wrong with the overtake you say, despite seeing that the Focus doesn't have his indicator on when he overtakes.

Fuck off Focus driver is an utter cunt. Range rover driver is a moron.

Not worth getting your car damaged and points on your license.

This happens every single day down here. Just call them a cunt and let them get on with their shitty lives.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Very slow reactions from the RR driver. Could have been on their phone?

I thought that, you'd deffo notice you'd just pull out in front of him and deffo notice him going for the overtake.

Focus obviously took the hump though, obviously worth having a claim on his insurance instead of arriving 5 seconds later.
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People pull out all the time. Yeah it's annoying when someone does it, but it's town driving where it's 30mph everywhere anyway. So it's dead easy to avoid a collision and the inconvenience to you is hardly going to be anything. Just swear at them and get on with it.

The way the Focus driver reacted is awful and they deserve everything they get. To me the behaviour of the RR says they just showed poor awareness, as opposed to intentionally being a nob. If they were a nob they would have just planted it and sped off as soon as they pulled out, not even giving the Focus a chance to overtake.

MX5 Project Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 15 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mike claimed to pull similar moves

No he didn't, he overtook a tractor while driving car.

These are both cars and both in a 30 limit.

I do think the RR driver was more worried about their hair and nail appointment but that doesn't mean its acceptable to overtake and slam on.
Jambo

23rd Jan 15 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I agree with the Focus driver being an utter goon....

If the RR hadn't have pulled out without looking like a gormless fucktard then that whole situation would not have happened.

In short, Focus is a cock, and caused the collision. However, needless situation caused by not giving a fuck about anyone else and driving however you like from the RR. IMO
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 15 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why people just need to calm the fuck down and stop going all lettuce when someone makes a small mistake on the road.

The only thing I'd like to have seen the driver of the RR do is acknowledge their error with a quick flick of the hazards or hand wave, usually find that most people accept that and i certainly appreciate it when it happens to me.

But the driver of the Focus should've just shook their head and got on with it, dont know what it is about driving that makes people act like utter knobs, if someone accidentally banged into you in the street you wouldnt spark them out. Just fucking chill out, no ones harmed, no ones stuff got broke, he didnt even need to slam on. Now hes got an insurance claim to sort out and ended up getting to wherever he was heading a shit load later Massive fail.

In the eyes of the law/insurance the RR is at fault but fuck me what an utter avoidable piece of nonsense.
taylorboosh

23rd Jan 15 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt the law would blame the rr - infact it wouldnt surprise me if the focus driver got banned
Dee25790

23rd Jan 15 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Range Rover drivers fault all day. Overtake was legal no way did he do more than 30 to get around that. Didn't lock his brakes on just braked sharply the rangey has a good while to slam the brakes on but is probably too much of a dickhead to pay attention and actually brake.

Anyone that drives a Range Rover that isn't on a lift kit and AT radials is generally a complete tw*t anyway
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I doubt the law would blame the rr - infact it wouldnt surprise me if the focus driver got banned

With it being caught on video you're probably right on that front, which is lucky for the RR as im sure the Focus driver could just claim a giraffe ran into the road and he had to slam on. Then its down to the fact the RR didnt leave enough gap to stop safely.
Ben G

23rd Jan 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, nice stereotype there, dickhead

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover VS Focus 23 database queries in 0.1704068 seconds