corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new car! update/photo's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car! update/photo's
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Dec 14 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will effect the post cat sensor as theres no cat so it will see same as pre cat sensor and they should be lower emissions at the post cat sensor.
gidged500
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's true I suppose the only way to find out is to see what happens
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worse that could happen is fault codes come up and I have to take my boots off and go upstairs to the office to get code reader and clear them
gidged500
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha you make that sound a big effort
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will 100% get faults - dave read my thread
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
It will 100% get faults - dave read my thread

not sure? can but try, just need to trick post cat sensor in to thinking all is ok. many people run decats on these so must be possible? they cant all be driving round in limp mode?
if I have to fit a sport cat then so be it. just means moving post cat sensor back and making longer loom for it.
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why your bothering at all? Why not just do conversion iff the belt

Regardless of that mine was vag so maybe different bit i had a code within 30 miles
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for fun!
was only £100 delivered with new gaskets. will sell it with engine when new engine goes in. need to build new engine first, but got the supercharged engine to build before that as I need its block.
need this car to drive around in while im doing that and to fetch/carry parts in.
gidged500
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are silly cheap the exhaust on the c"s
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, was looking at second hand decats then got offered 1 for £80 but no image so the guy sent me a link to where he got it from, told me it was £200 new. fool!
I got details from link and phoned, knock them down on price and got it for £100 new!
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha thats a steal - any good though?
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks ok, not to light welds look good too. finished well.
would like to dyno before and after to see if it give a my little pony more or not
may put it on rollers at some point just for giggles, 79bhp!!
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh you will make that cash back i suppose for how longit will be fitted
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will not do many more than 1000miles I hope.
would like to have new engine in before end of april but its finding time to build it, and the space!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new car! update/photo's 23 database queries in 0.0137739 seconds