corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new car! update/photo's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car! update/photo's
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Dec 14 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still waiting for parts, hope to have them before xmas so I can start the good work
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Dec 14 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parts have arrived,
280mm brakes,
B12 suspension kit,
BF Goodridge brake hose's,
Piper cat back exhaust,
decat manifold,
K&N panel filter,
full service kit,
cam chain kit.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
davegreen
Premium Member

25th Dec 14 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got most of the parts on last Sunday, brake's, hose's, exhaust, suspension and new wheels,
had a look in side the top of the engine and was surprised how good the chains are so left them alone. cleaned cam cover and breather tubes out fitted new plugs but the old ones look almost new as did the filters.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img]http://[/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
davegreen
Premium Member

25th Dec 14 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had some time this morning so fixed the water leak on mums Corsa from the bcu/relay box,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
used tiger seal to seal lower part to body then rtv sealant to seal top cover on in case I need to remove it in the future.
still had some time before Christmas dinner so started on my Corsa, removed seat's and found a golden nugget

[img][/img]
but good fortune soon came to an end when I lifted carpet out,

[img][/img]
at least I've had practise fixing water leaks on mums car now.
davegreen
Premium Member

28th Dec 14 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spent today removing the rest of the trim from the interior, fixed the brake servo seal water leak, cleaned and refitted trim and carried out several repairs/mods on the way including fitting tilt adjust steering column.
just need to modify the corsa b cobra seat sub frames to fit and the four points to bolt in.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
as you can see the sealant has cracked around the bottom of the servo plate, also it was full of leaves and other muck,

[img][/img]
removed and cleaned the plate then applied plenty of tiger seal,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
put all the needed interior trim parts back in,

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
craig55

29th Dec 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress so far and that seal won't leak again

Where did you get the b12s from and can you get them for a sri with the rear shocks being different
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall made a serious cock up with the servo seals etc.
Amazingly my c doesn't leak and looks original. I cover it in wd40 every week though

Out of curiosity how loud is it with the new exhaust system on I'm thinking of getting a decat. I've already got a straight through system and back box
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope it doesn't leak again!
got these from LMF, but they can be found from many companies. they do a kit for the 1.8 too. not that low now its lost some weight but with the new engine it should be about right I hope!
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not fitted the decat yet, need a new lambda sensor as it don't want to budge from manifold and don't want to break it. also think I will need a post cat sensor spacer to stop it chucking up a fault code?
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo that's a good point about the sensor, they do have two sensors one in the cat (pre cat) and one after in the centre section. Where can you get the sensor spacer I may need one.

As for the dampers at the rear to answer a question

Most aftermarket dampers are for the sri which has a larger bolt. But with a sleeve that goes in the bottom of the shocker it reduces the size for the non sri rear beam
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted the cobra seats today along with 4 point harnesses. only I forgot to drill the rear cross bar l/h and r/h
still only extra holes. wired up stereo, fitted dual tone horns and flat blades from the old corsa B, fitted spare head lamp I had as its in better condition than old one, bleed brakes and clutch, had to back bleed the clutch as it would not vacuum bleed at first, must of had an air lock?
just need a test drive to see if its improved and what exhaust sounds like now?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
next question is do I fit the hagus door mirrors I have here or not??
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these came with a 10mm hole in the bush, no spacer's like the coilovers had on the other corsa C.
just about to look for a spacer for the sensor. if I don't find 1 cheep enough I will make 1.
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The little silver sleeves are reducers
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't have them on this set, just a fixed hole. but have seen them on other sets.
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found a sensor spacer, ordered it, just got to wait now.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271420233009
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll be ordering one too thanks for the link
davegreen
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't want to wait and see if it works on mine first then? should be here and fitted by weekend?
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Dec 14 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh if your gonna do it that soon I'll wait ha ha, you trying it without and then with ?

davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, will go straight for the spacer, seen other people decat and get fault codes on other engines so will do it once with spacer.
just hope no studs break off when I undo them, they look pretty rusty
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those spacers dont work in my experience
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact not only did it not work - it also made the lamda hit the tunnel on my cupra
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you fitting the Saab engine you bought ages ago into this one?
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £7 its worth a shot, lambda is just behind engine on these so plenty of room, if it don't fit or work then I will have to fit the sport cat and relocate lambda further back. will have to have a cat on for the mot anyway. just a bit of fun till the real engine goes in, and it will have some saab parts in it but will be a hi bred engine around 200bhp n/a with front inlet
taylorboosh

30th Dec 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds awesome
gidged500
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll Wait and see what happens with the lambda , really it shouldn't effect lambda having a decat

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » new car! update/photo's 23 database queries in 0.2380610 seconds