corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jul 15 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beckham was already past his best at that time, I would argue that Hamilton hasn't yet reached his full potential and *could go forward to equal some of the greats of the sport (those he hasn't already surpassed).

PS, I hate U2 with a passion.
Jambo

5th Jul 15 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I respect Hamilton from a talent/driver perspective, doesn't mean I like him though.

I stand by my comment, everyone's different and that's his way, I'd like to believe it's genuine but it just comes across as sycophantic and disingenuous. Maybe it's real, maybe it isn't. Either way I'd take him more seriously if he binned the glasses.

I also don't think Rosberg is great either, he used to be fairly decent but it's pretty clear that LH has torn his personality and driver confidence to shreads.

Ben G

5th Jul 15 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haters gonna hate

Ben G

6th Jul 15 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I stand by my comment, everyone's different and that's his way, I'd like to believe it's genuine but it just comes across as sycophantic and disingenuous. Maybe it's real, maybe it isn't. Either way I'd take him more seriously if he binned the glasses.

I stood and watched him at the USGP spend more time with fans than 3 other teams around him. The team drivers were coming up on stage team at a time, after the Mercedes slot - Lewis stepped down into the crowd and spent the best part of an hour just walking back and forth signing stuff and talking to people whilst McLaren, Force India and Sauber(? Can't remember) came and went on stage. He loves his fans, he's a smart guy and knows that his ability to drive quickly is only half the story when it comes to earning the salary he does.

Oh, he can look after tyres, is economic on fuel and can adapt well to new rules too. Unlucky

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

6th Jul 15 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Haters gonna hate

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/73/590x/Hamilton-569423.jpg

They see him rollin..
whitter45

6th Jul 15 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great race

Great call by Hamilton - he did say on the radio he had nothing left in his tyres so he came in and it was bang on the money

Williams threw it away trying to race Mercs strategy

Should have let Bottas go and at ;least had apodium IMO

Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Williams threw it away trying to race Mercs strategy

Should have let Bottas go and at ;least had apodium IMO

Although I completely agree that they should have released Bottas, I think what really lost them the race was refusing to use the flexibility they "won" by leading 1-2 into the first round of stops.

Why on earth they waited for Merc to make the first move I really don't know. They should have pitted one of their drivers first (out of the leading 4), the worst they could expect is they lose a 1-2 and become 1-3 instead or even 1-4... which is still much better than 3-4 or the actual real result

The rain properly buggered them though, they were just so slow - so perhaps they were never destined to win that race despite their earlier cockups.

Williams are far too passive to win Grand Prix at the moment, they seem too happy to just beat Ferrari or whatever.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

6th Jul 15 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Haters gonna hate

Chav
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il always support Hamilton, but I cant stand those gold chains
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extra downforce innit.

My white LH hat arrived yesterday just before the race (Amazon Prime ftw). Daren't take my black signed one to Hungary incase somebody steals it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

6th Jul 15 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not convinced Bottas had the outright pace to get past Massa either. He was marginally quicker, but not enough. I would disagree with them releasing him, not a fan of team orders. If he wants to get past Felipe he should be able to (not blocked) just not convinced he was quick enough.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I say "release Bottas" I meant more release him to fight, not tell Massa to pull over.

I think Bottas aborted a couple of passes due to the first team order, and by the time the team told him to make a clean pass - he'd probably missed his window.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My heart sank when he came into the pits for those inters...

Great race, loved it, especially with Williams getting the jump on the Mercs and having a 4 car chain racing for the lead

Was all set for a comfortable Lewis win until that bastarding rain decided to show up and threw everything up in the air, super call from Lewis to come in when he did when everyone else seemed to think it was the wrong one. Obviously an element of luck involved too as no one can fully predict the weather, but after Monaco, i think he more than deserved that and if anything Nico benefitted most from the rain initially as it got him passed the williams, could've been much worse for him.

A word also for that plucky little outfit from Woking who managed to steal a point. A real fairytale story, they should now have enough to fend of Manor i think. Well done them.
Jambo

6th Jul 15 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ

Ron Dennis making a tit of himself in the news as well, calling Jordan the village idiot. Pit kettle comes to mind. Very unprofessional.
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, his interview was on the Sky version, hes a proper cunt I love how much of a fool this is making him and his team look, but they dont half bring it on themselves. McLaren should copyright the term "unlocking the potential" seeing as they've peddled this line for years and look where they are

Mclaren was doing a Q&A on Twitter with Button and i asked if he still thought Lewis leaving for Mercedes was "not the right decision", strangely, that question didnt get picked for him to answer
Ben G

6th Jul 15 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet Jenson is well and truly gutted underneath the PR positive thoughts.

Could you imagine Kimi in that absolute dog? He's be throwing all his toys out the cockpit.

[Edited on 06-07-2015 by Ben G]
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Extra downforce innit.

My white LH hat arrived yesterday just before the race (Amazon Prime ftw). Daren't take my black signed one to Hungary incase somebody steals it

Fancy taking my Hamilton flag to Hungary with you and getting that signed for me?
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Extra downforce innit.

Fancy taking my Hamilton flag to Hungary with you and getting that signed for me?

I'll take it to Belgium. But if I get it signed I'll give you a few quid and keep it.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
quote:
quote:
Extra downforce innit.

I'll take it to Belgium. But if I get it signed I'll give you a few quid and keep it.

Well the flag cost me the best part of £90 so you might have to revise your few quid offer mate
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£90 Fucking hell, I'm in the wrong business.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
£90 Fucking hell, I'm in the wrong business.

Its a fair size tbf and good quality

But aye wasnt cheap like, bit more than i wanted to spend when i first had the idea Cheaper to just get a blank union flag and make the lettering yourself but i CBA
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Extra downforce innit.

I'll take it aye, but we don't land until Saturday AM so missing the best autograph opportunities on the thursday unfortunately

You due in Selby anytime soon?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

6th Jul 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Extra downforce innit.

I'll take it aye, but we don't land until Saturday AM so missing the best autograph opportunities on the thursday unfortunately

You due in Selby anytime soon?

27th-29th of this month unfortunately
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.2029550 seconds