corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » LB650V Lg TV / Jambos Home Cinema Thread ** Bluray player needed**

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LB650V Lg TV / Jambos Home Cinema Thread ** Bluray player needed**
Jambo

User status: Offline
4th Jan 15 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice Carl.

Right TV purchased

Went for the LG LB650v 55" .... £649 with 5year gaurantee

Ordering a stand from currys... Serano clear glass job in the sale. Tried to pick one up yesterday but had none in stock.

Just need a Bluray player now... Had my heart set on a Panny one but I realised it doesn't have a front lcd screen which would do my head in. So looks like I am gunna get this pioneer one....

Anyone else got any suggestions?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-BDP-170-K-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi-Black/dp/B00KFZWNQE
Balling
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember if it's been mentioned in this thread, but Sony produce some fantastic budget BR players.

Slimmer than that Pioneer one as well. My Sony BDP is less than 4 cm high.

Ben G

4th Jan 15 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a budget Sony player and it was shocking. It used to jam up with the dvd inside and made some awful noises.

Got a Samsung one now (well 2) and they've been fine for a couple of years now.
Jambo

4th Jan 15 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Hi Fi said Spny ones are good. The compact design is cool, but lack of LCD wills annoy.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/tv-accessories/television-stands/serano-s105cg11-tv-stand-09216941-pdt.html#longDesc

Nearly ordered this, but it doesn't atate the distance between shelves? Worried I'll cook the AV Reciever
whitter45

5th Jan 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it open to the air so wont cook your Av receiver

I moved my setup into an Oak cabinet and had serious heat issues so ended up running 2 PC fans which keep it cooler but its still warm although my Sont STR DN seems to sound better when warmer

For Blu-ray w I would go Sony -always get good reviews and have been involved in Bu-ray from the start
Dom

5th Jan 15 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/tv-accessories/television-stands/serano-s105cg11-tv-stand-09216941-pdt.html#longDesc

You'll be forever cleaning and dusting the glass; i only know this as i have a glass desk and AV stand

[Edited on 05-01-2015 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jan 15 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ This. Had a similar stand in black glass. Horrible decision.

Also looks a bit 1997 imo.

Re. Sony players, I didn't realise the new ones don't have a display. Not sure I see the issue with that though. On the contrary, I think I'd prefer one without a display.

And no offence to Ben, but I'd put higher stock in them getting spectacular reviews for years than the fact that one stopped working.

Jambo

5th Jan 15 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am pretty much all out of budget for this, I don't really "like" any of these stands but it's more of serving a purpose really. Beggars/choosers etc.

CAnt get that stand anyway as the AVR won't have enough clearance so found another similar one with bigger shelf.

Here:

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/tv-stands-and-av-racks/tv-stands/mmt-cl1000.html?menu=f_alsoviewed&bp=155

Or this: giving me an extra shelf...

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/tv-stands-and-av-racks/tv-stands/avs410-b.html?menu=alternative&bp=152

Ref the panel display it's obviously fone for blurays but for DVDs etc there's not always a menu to tell you how long left on a film. Maybe it's irrelevant and I'm just used to having one. I don't know
Jambo

5th Jan 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so ordered and eBay special with a bracket. This one:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360277055120

Now just need the bluray player and I'm set.

Pioneer is favourite but will check Sony ones too.
Ben G

5th Jan 15 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
^ This. Had a similar stand in black glass. Horrible decision.

Also looks a bit 1997 imo.

Re. Sony players, I didn't realise the new ones don't have a display. Not sure I see the issue with that though. On the contrary, I think I'd prefer one without a display.

And no offence to Ben, but I'd put higher stock in them getting spectacular reviews for years than the fact that one stopped working.

It's like anything though. If a problem happens with your own product, it knocks your confidence in the entire brand, hence why so many top companies bang on about quality and customer satisfaction.
Jambo

6th Jan 15 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally Ben, it's why I won't own a Samsung product as I have had such abad experience.

Sony stuff has always been decent for me though so looking at that or the pioneer. Just want the best picture and sound with 3D and wifi
Jambo

7th Jan 15 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a £20 off eBay voucher so got a Pioneer BDP170

Shall be installing everything this weekend if I haven't died from man flu
Jambo

10th Jan 15 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All in and installed

Tv is excellent much much much better than my old LCD one. Size is perfect the films almost accentuate the 16:9 ratio and it just looks delicious.

Pioneer player is absolutely spot on, only downside is the AVR doesn't fit on the stand as it overhangs on the front so need to make a couple of feet today.

All in all over the moon, thanks for all the help chaps
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Jan 15 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
What Hi Fi said Spny ones are good. The compact design is cool, but lack of LCD wills annoy.

Nearly ordered this, but it doesn't atate the distance between shelves? Worried I'll cook the AV Reciever

ive got one similar to that but black glass.
giving it away soon
Jambo

11th Jan 15 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Mark but I sorted a Pioneer one

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll