corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House
Graham88

User status: Offline
4th Dec 14 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian I am defo feeling it after doing 2 rooms in a row, the living room isn't even finished yet still a few little jobs to be done!

Pow it's coming out at about 4k as I've added a few bits on, the tiles are looking pricier than I was expecting I must admit as I've got floor tiles & wall tiles to get
pow
Premium Member

4th Dec 14 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is really reasonable, I recon I could afford to do that. With Dad being made redundant it'll be something for him to do while I'm at work too

I keep thinking maybe I should change the design/layout of my kitchen...

[Edited on 04-12-2014 by pow]
Graham88

4th Dec 14 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a way I wish I had changed it a little just because this is the time to do it, but we like the layout so it seemed pointless. Just keep haggling with the companies, it was a friend of a friend who sorted mine so he reckons he did a good deal, to be fair it was a few thousand lower than the nearest quote so he must have done something right!
pow
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of changing mine from a 3 sided kitchen to a one side & island arrangement....
DaveyLC

5th Dec 14 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a BLOODY big kitchen for that Pow so all of the doors etc. can open
Kev_GSI

6th Dec 14 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work G man
Graham88

10th Dec 14 at 05:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kev.

Got rid of the boxing around the boiler that wasn't supposed to be there. Will be put in a cupboard and have a removable panel above incase they need access during a service.

New Kitchen switches, never thought I'd be excited about some bloody switches

Wall plastered here to cover the chase as the top half will be painted

Carnage above the kitchen running new electrics and gas pipe

Downlights installed, put an LED bulb in that my mate had but it's only a single LED and a 30 degree angle. Going to get some 60 degree ones with 3+ LED's.

Amount of rubbish to come out is unreal, I've burnt all the cardboard as you couldn't even see any of this lot for the amount there was!

Main part all complete on the kitchen fitters part, just the plinths to do which he will do once we've tiled the floor this week

Floor & wall tiles bought ready to go on. Grey tiles for the floor, white brick style ones for the wall.

Main part of the flooring done today, all the cutting to do tomorrow

So happy to have done the kitchen now, it's so nice to use, will be really happy once it's all done.
Graham88

22nd Dec 14 at 03:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there

Grouting

Done and drying

LED spotlights fitted, 120 degree bulbs so they weren't so 'spotlight'

Floor done and dry, looks wicked

Plinths cut to length and fitted with LED plinth lights

Tiling the walls began, first time I've tried it, fiddly!

Hopefully finish the remaining tiling tomorrow, lots of cuts to do and then grouting. Want it done before Xmas as the Mrs has invited both sets of parents round for dinner!

Will be a few niggly bits still to do but at least the majority will be done.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job son been picking out my kitchen and I can't even touch it for 11 months
random dav
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kitchen is looking ace, massive improvement.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Ben G

22nd Dec 14 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely job graham, well impressed with the finish!

So glad you didn't go for dark polished floor tiles. We have them in the kitchen and they're an absolute nightmare to keep looking clean as they show up every single mark.

What are the spotlights about with regards to the 120 degrees? I have spotlights in my kitchen but unsure what degree they are?
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, nice work. Kitchen looks ace.

I assume on the degree he is referring to the beam angle. The narrower the angle the more spotlighty they are.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Graham88

25th Dec 14 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow take your time about what bits you use and what would be handy , such as 170 degree hinges on certain cupboards etc! It helps you are going to learn what does and doesn't annoy you about the shape of your kitchen so you can plan around it

Thanks guys! We got put off gloss tiles for exactly that reason Ben. I'm really liking these tiles as they are very easy to keep clean!

And yeah it's the beam angle, so it spreads the light rather than being a spotlight, gives a halogen spread of light but in a cool White LED!

Have worked flat out this week to get it ready for Xmas. More or less there now just a few little bits to do after xmas the important thing is the tiling is all done and the worktops are sealed to stop the backs getting wet & ruining them. Very very happy with it all no regrets on doing it now. Each finishing touch now just gives it that satisfying feeling of it all coming together! I'm only oh my phone but a couple of quick pics, I'll post more when I get on computer after xmas

Built a box section to cover pipes under boiler. It's grouted and sealed in now but forgot to take a pic

[Edited on 25-12-2014 by Graham88]
pow
Premium Member

26th Dec 14 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great mate well done. I've been looking at all those little finishing touches on pintrest lol.
baza31

27th Dec 14 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the green on the oven a film ?
Graham88

27th Dec 14 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, look at the more recent pics lol
Graham88

29th Dec 14 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple more pics I had taken, just gonna start painting around the beading now to tidy the edges up, Xmas was a great success and everyone loved the kitchen, made cooking a lot easier for the Mrs too
jezza

31st Dec 14 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks ace mate - nice job!

What kitchen tiles did you go for out of interest? They look really nice - got a link?
Graham88

31st Dec 14 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished the shelving off and painted it for under the tv. Started to wire things up although still need to sort some power in there

Cheers jezza I got them from Wickes, they are beveled edge tiles

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Bevelled-Edge-White-Gloss-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-200x100mm/p/166211
pow
Premium Member

31st Dec 14 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus they're cheap
Graham88

1st Jan 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't work out too badly for them & the floor tiles. Bought them with my mate who gets 15% off too :-)
Ben G

1st Jan 15 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has that top shelf got a defect on the left edge?
--ToM--

1st Jan 15 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it hard to tile? Iv been putting off doing my bathroom for ages now lol a very "handy" person and can do pretty much everything I have a go at sometimes it may take a few attempts but tiling is something iv never done before and have no idea how to so I'm a bit out my comfort zone lol
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Jan 15 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tiling is pretty easy.
hardest bit is working out where is best to start so you dont end up with shitty cuts

have a watch of some youtube videos and they should help, just take your time.
Graham88

2nd Jan 15 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Has that top shelf got a defect on the left edge?

Eagle eyes MDF slightly came away when planing the edge, annoying, didn't realise until I put them in place after painting. May cut another one, probably won't…
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Is it hard to tile? Iv been putting off doing my bathroom for ages now lol a very "handy" person and can do pretty much everything I have a go at sometimes it may take a few attempts but tiling is something iv never done before and have no idea how to so I'm a bit out my comfort zone lol

Not too bad mate my first time doing it aswell, had guidance from Father In Law but I'd be confident to do it myself now. Like Mark says it's just working it out first to not have cuts in obvious places, you want to try and hide the shit cuts as much as possible. I got the pre-mixed non slip adhesive and it was so easy to work with. I agree with watching some youtube videos but if you are a handy person anyway I don't think you'll struggle at all

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll