corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 15 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Likewise. Tbh it's a bit crap now as I've had it nearly 5 years. Looking to pick one up at the shooting show in feb.

Got a big list of things to try get some deals on.

Main thing is some in custom moulded sonic ear plugs, nice glasses with various lenses, a nice shooting vest, and look into shock absorber things for the gun butt, ohh and a new gun I think! &#128515;
Doug

23rd Jan 15 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I am going to go to the shooting show now. Might even have my certificate by then so could try and take advantage of some deals.

Do they have any shotgun shooting facilities there?
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it as it's all indoors.
Doug

30th Jan 15 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still waiting for the SGC to come through the post.

Going to Ian Coley's tomorrow to have a look at a few guns and check fit. I had my heart set on a Browning 525 as the fit seemed good. I have also been recommended a Miroku Mk38 as it has similar dimensions to a 525.
I have always liked (and shot fairly well with) the Berettas but the 'skinny' feel just doesn't seem right.
Gary
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that about mine. Just picked my new beretta a300 outlander too, looking forward to taking that out.

Also went to a local shoot today, absolutely freezing but a good day which is more than can be said for my abysmal 26/50 score I'm blaming the weather
Doug

4th Feb 15 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purchased some safety glasses as most grounds seem to insist on people wearing them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360364744655?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Can I ask what people recommend as far as cartridge storage in the home goes? Airing cupboard? Under the bed?
Doug

4th Feb 15 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Also went to a local shoot today, absolutely freezing but a good day which is more than can be said for my abysmal 26/50 score I'm blaming the weather

Thats over 50%, which is better than I did on my last outing
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I store mine behind the door in the office.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone shot in gloves, I'm useful with cold hands so thinking of getting a pair - any recommendation?
Doug

4th Feb 15 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw these in Countrywide at the weekend for £20:
http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/accessories/shooting-gloves-country-gloves/barbour-sure-grip-sporting-gloves.html

They were nice but I figured by the time I finally get my certificate through the post it will probably be summer so no point!

They were nice and flexible and I imagine would be perfect spring time gloves. When its this cold out I would suggest something fleecy, like these: http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/accessories/shooting-gloves-country-gloves/musto-evo-polartec-gloves-navy.html
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wear Mac wets. Sound enough for me.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've taken to wearing one magic glove on my forehand and nothing on my trigger but the colder I get, the more useless I am!
Doug

4th Feb 15 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I wear Mac wets. Sound enough for me.

Forgot about them. I had (but then lost) a pair I used for riding. They were good while I had them
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wear trials bike gloves. Can feel everything and about £15 a pair. Bought some plain black ones though.

I'm still waiting for my inspection on my cabinet. I've sold my old gun as I'm going to look for one at the shooting show in just over a week.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Feb 15 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't have minded going too but it's a bit of a trek for me.
Doug

5th Feb 15 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p105788-macwet-long-cuffed-windstopper-backed-glove-black-mac-ws0-lc-blk/#.VNOLzIqsXes
Gary
Premium Member

5th Feb 15 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I've got. But in green.
Doug

6th Feb 15 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SGC has finally arrived!

It's just a shame I have busted my ankle so I can't go out and make use of it
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man up!
Doug

6th Feb 15 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ruptured my ATF Ligament so currently on crutches.

Hopefully I can hobble around well enough by next weekend to get out and get a 100 round in!

Walked up 100 at Prescott Schooting:
http://www.prescottshooting.com/clay-shooting/practice/
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

34p per clay It's only 25p at the posh ground up here!
Doug

6th Feb 15 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't find anywhere below 32p a clay around here!
RichR
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a Prosport card system at my club, 1200 clays is £250.00 on the card, although no birds an broken clays probably amount to 5-10% of that total so just under 25p per clay.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad. Here they are on a counter, when you go back in to pay they just ask if you had any no birds. They're pretty fair like that.
RichR
Premium Member

6th Feb 15 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon that's why we get 1200 not 1000, to account for no birds.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license? 22 database queries in 0.2026999 seconds