corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Budget track car** new owner**

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Budget track car** new owner**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 17 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to see it passed Stu, some good memories in that car

it should go like a rocket anyway, weighs as much as a bean tin, especially with the lighter 1600 (whats the power output now?)

surprised the braking is a bit shit considering you have done all the right upgrades?? but seeing as you have only just started driving the car, maybe the pads need more bedding in time? cant be that bad if they passed MOT

Stu_22

29th Mar 17 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about electric power steering but since losing the heavy lump up front for a not so heavy one the steering is much better.
I hope the brakes improve with bedding in but will bleed them again maybe fiddle with the bias box as well.
Also need to get it to idle as it stalls at every junction and every slow gear change.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

30th Mar 17 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with the electric power steering, alot of hassle just to make it slightly easier to park, but its a track car

once you get past 5mph and up to speed you dont need it, gives you more analogue go kart feel i find through the steering when out on track, but thats just me

plus as you said with the weight reduction, should be less of a handful
Blandy

1st Apr 17 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing I ever done was to put a electric steering column in my track car. Only have it on the first setting but with a plate diff and quick rack it makes it so much easier especially on the tighter bends etc.
Stu_22

18th Apr 17 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in the garage broken
Adjusted the brakes to try and get them to work but they ended up working too well a mile down the road. Had to use first gear full power just to crawl along that cooked the clutch.
Luckily got to a polish second hand car dealer with a low loader took me home for £20
Stu_22

19th Apr 17 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One toasted clutch

All I can smell around the car is burnt clutch
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Apr 17 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poor old bumblebee, that clutch is toast

ohwell excuse for an upgrade then Stu
Stu_22

24th Apr 17 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Light flywheel

Stu_22

1st May 18 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So got fed up with the crap bias pedal box brake feel.

Bought some opd pedals with the cable clutch adaptor.

I'm 6ft so had to put the pedals back as far as possible so a bit of cutting and welding required.

Once in the cable clutch was shit. So that was binned for a hydraulic system luckily my local scrappy had the bleed point from a vectra that's needed.

So today after many gearbox on and offs I finals got it in gear. The pedal is still a bit stiff but already it works

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Stu_22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0199_zpsmkoeklgn.jpg
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th May 18 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work Stu, glad to see you havent given up on bumblebee!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Budget track car** new owner** 23 database queries in 0.0114920 seconds