corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a car from a garage - no service history

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a car from a garage - no service history
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Aug 14 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly my thoughts, it wasn't even massively cheaper than the rest in the market, £5,500 and a 2006 model

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jambo

11th Aug 14 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian is right in what he says, but good luck trying to sell it after IMO.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Aug 14 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how long you're keeping it, another 2 years it'll be 10 years old, going to matter less.
Brett
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy drove 4hrs from Scotland for the Megane. No history at all, couldn't even tell him if or when the cambelt had been done
JordyCarter

12th Aug 14 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to think service history is a good indication of how the car has been kept, its not much to go by due to all being guesses but if the owner could be arsed getting everything done every x amount of miles chances are they've fixed things in good time and looked after the car to some extent. I personally wouldn't look at a car without history as I'd be too afraid the previous owner was lazy and couldn'tbe arsed with the car
MarkM

12th Aug 14 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about fleet cars that are fixed promptly and are serviced religiously every year but can be driven horrendously and have a hard life?

Notwithstanding that I wouldn't buy a car without service history. Ha.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a car from a garage - no service history 23 database queries in 0.0100880 seconds