corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep
--ToM--

User status: Offline
19th Jun 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fancying the rwd route too would be different and fun to drive I reckon!

I put it up for £5,250 so people would make lower offers around the region I wanted rather than put it up for £4000 and get offered £3000

Considering Iv seen let novas and astra gtes etc selling for around 4 grand I don't think I'm asking too much really considering this is probably rarer decided to keep it for now as if I sold it I know I'll only regret it lol
--ToM--

5th Jul 14 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been doing a bit on my other project (my disco) which I bought as a Cambelt failed non runner bog standard iv fitted a new engine with new A new Cambelt and water pump also fitted a lift kit chopped the arches out and fitted some 35" tyres going to body lift it next as I don't have enough clearance for the huge tyres!! Got untill the winter to get it ready so no rush also moving house soon so both will probs be put on hold for a while but I have the cav a wash today and too some size comparison piks against my disco

CORSAb GSi rep

5th Jul 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked and sounded mint when you drove past me
--ToM--

5th Jul 14 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate
--ToM--

15th Aug 14 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's been a while since iv done anything to the cav due to buyin a house and spending all my time and money doing it up before I move in but I got a bit fed up of looking at the poor old girl sitting there collecting dust so treated it to some new shoes, won't be to everyone's taste I'm still not 100% sure myself but iv always wanted a set of these wheels but never know what to fit them too so I just thought sod it let's try and see, I wrapped them today in some brand new continental 195 40 16 to give them a little stretch but still give plenty of tyre to road coverage so there not like bicycle wheels lol

Anyway here we are (haven't washed the car just bolted them on before to have a look)

--ToM--

15th Aug 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

15th Aug 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks bad ass
BeetleGav

15th Aug 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it gets better! Fantastic!
Nic Barnes

15th Aug 14 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great!
Generation

15th Aug 14 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I preferred it before.
Really has taken car in opposite direction I feel
taylorboosh

16th Aug 14 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I preferred it before.
Really has taken car in opposite direction I feel

Always so negative
Jambo

16th Aug 14 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like them, but also preferred it before. I think because of the lip and then being black they look too small? Dunno, just something isn't right.
Generation

16th Aug 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just giving my opinion, I think it looked better before
SeanXE

16th Aug 14 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such a nice car! Agree that it looked better with speedlines though
--ToM--

16th Aug 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments lads I gt what you mean though when I first put them I though oh shit what have I done and took me ages to work out what size and tyre size and offset to make them fit as best as I can they only do them in 16 and 18" as I'm sure you know and the 18s is a no no, I got up this morning and had a look at it with fresh eyes and it is growing on me a lot now I think the black and chrome looks good against the black and chrome handles and bump strips etc it does look better in person than in piks the wheels look bigger in person than in photos it's hard to explain lol I still have the speedlines just incase but I was bored of them there too common and a bit plain
Generation

16th Aug 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People Always say speedlines are common. I don't remember the last time I saw a car with them on apart from at a show, and even then there wasn't THAT many.
--ToM--

16th Aug 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah locally to me there's a few sets knocking round on various vauxhalls but at Pvs this year there was a fair few sets no where near as many as previous years though as you say there starting to get a bit thin on the ground
Generation

16th Aug 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soon as they get rare, everybody will start wanting them again. Always the way
--ToM--

16th Aug 14 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but finding a set that haven't been welded filled with filler and kurbed to within an inch of their life and rattle canned about 109 colours one ontop of the other will be hard lol
--ToM--

14th Sep 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of an update but dug it out the garage at the weekend and took it for a bit of a hoon with my mate haven't driven it hard since iv fitted the new wheels and tyres cannot believe how much of a difference good rubber makes!! No more wheel spins and pulling all over the road it just grips and goes like fuck so much so that the arse end is squatting a touch and rubbing on the tyres tucked it back in the garage untill next weekend when I'm taking it back to the guy who painted it to roll the lips on the arch a bit for me will also allow me to carry rear passengers again

Also drives so much smoother as I found out when removing my speedlines they were buckled

Ps warning to anyone after a set my old set are on swapz now from a bloke in Wrexham he paid £200 quid for them due to being like eggs and is now asking 3-400 on swapz so if your after a set steer clear of my old set lol
ShEp

15th Sep 14 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard to find a decent set.

I managed to get a mint set, been powder coated white though and I'm not a fan, But they are mint, not a scratch and not a buckle in sight.

Think i'll hang onto them for a bit

I quite like your news wheels, something different, although would love to see it on 5-stud cav turbo rins
--ToM--

15th Sep 14 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 stud is a future plan mate along with mk3 cav 4x4 running gear

I paid 100 quid for my speedlines probs why there where bent to bits haha they served there purpose though so I'm happy still haha
MatthewR

15th Sep 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont like the new wheels
--ToM--

15th Sep 14 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't you ? Sorry mate
--ToM--

24th Sep 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars now currently in bits arches were rolled last weekend no more scrubbing so I'm well chuffed

The car just felt slow on the trip to the body shop weather that's down to driving some seriously quick cars a few days before or just me getting used to the power I don't know

But it's now back at home in the garage awaiting parts to arrive

Evo 5 chips
Adjustable fpr
Fuel rail blanking plate
And possibly a t34 on tubular manifold with tial waste gate screamer pipe etc all that shit but I'll see how it copes on the kkk16 hybrid for now piks be up when bits start to show up

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mk2 cavalier cdi c20let + vectra gsi estate rep 23 database queries in 0.1152501 seconds