corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Elite Ice Hockey

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Elite Ice Hockey
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 14 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were there only 13 of you there tonight JJ?

3-1 panthers vs devils tonight in our season opener.
Aaron

14th Sep 14 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hull have played 3 and lost 3.Brill

Player coach was injured early in the game last night also
JonnyJ

14th Sep 14 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Were there only 13 of you there tonight JJ?

3-1 panthers vs devils tonight in our season opener.

I'd say between 30 and 45. Had the front 2 rows of our section which was 16 across then a few others dotted about the rest of it. A few Fife fans decided to sit in there too

Was a good match, pretty bad tempered throughout. Flyers went 1-0 up with a well taken breakaway goal mid way through the 1st period. We equalised with a beauty from wide right, about 5 yards in from the blue line.

2nd Period we dominated, scoring our second shorthanded, before scoring our 3rd about a minute later.

Thought we were going to go on to win comfortably after that but fair play to the Flyers, they came back in the 3rd scoring 2 goals in the opening 5 minutes to level it up. We then, undeservedly, looked to have won it with 3 minutes to play after scrambling one over the line, only for the Flyers to level it up, after pulling the goalie, with 8.5 seconds to go!

Not many chances to win it in OT despite a few minutes of 3v3 so it went to penalty shots which we won 2-0 after both teams missed their first.

Cant see us challenging for much based on that performance.
JonnyJ

14th Sep 14 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounded like a much better performance tonight, beating Flyers 8-1 at home
Aaron

14th Sep 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hull got their first win tonight. Overtime win away against Dundee. I didn't expect this win tbh, seeing as though a number of our players (including our player coach) were injured against Edinburgh last night!

Nice to get a win. The team just need to gel now, as only two of them remain from last season!

[Edited on 14-09-2014 by Aaron]
RichR
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Sounded like a much better performance tonight, beating Flyers 8-1 at home

I'm going next weekend, not sure what'll happen, we've had tonight off so bit more respite before the game, however, we've had the busiest preseason and been all over Europe for the continental and Napoleon cups - we won the latter but that run in is what destroyed out season last year.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 14 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat you 2-1 JonnyJ (almost 3-1; scored within the last second but it wasn't counted before the buzzer). Wasn't a convincing win but fuck me you've got some dirty cheating cunts playing for you especially in the third period.
Aaron

21st Sep 14 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went down 3-2 at home to Belfast last night. Quite a physical game, but for the first time I got the impression that our team weren't prepared to match the aggression showed by the opponent. Need to turn the tide if possible
JonnyJ

21st Sep 14 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Beat you 2-1 JonnyJ (almost 3-1; scored within the last second but it wasn't counted before the buzzer). Wasn't a convincing win but fuck me you've got some dirty cheating cunts playing for you especially in the third period.

Awww did we push you about a bit? Pansy Panther's.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Sep 14 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind, in fact I prefer a much rougher game but four clear trips from behind in the last 10 was a bit too dirty, everytime we broke, you'd trip. I don't mind boarding and checking, I even think the ref should turn a blind eye to it occasionally but tripping is just dirty. You got a game misconduct penalty after the end so I'm obviously not the only one who thought so.

Steelers definitely tired earlier too, we were much quicker onto loose pucks but you were better on the break in general. Glad we won but not convinced our performance, nor to be honest your's was good enough to beat Belfast to the league title this year.
JonnyJ

21st Sep 14 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a chance we'll win the league, Belfast will. I'll take just sorting the arena situation out tbh. Think our game vs Belfast has had to be switched to Ice Sheffield
RichR
Premium Member

21st Sep 14 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's said, Panthers/Steelers games always have the best atmospheres - 6,000 in last night and steelers filled three blocks.
JonnyJ

21st Sep 14 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im trying to time a visit back to England with a Steelers/Panthers game, they are fantastic. If i can find some time to come back and get to a game we should meet for beers.
JonnyJ

21st Sep 14 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-2 win for the Steelers over Belfast today
RichR
Premium Member

21st Sep 14 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 4-3. 41 shots on goal and as with last night we don't seem to be capable of finishing. Put our second choice goal tender on the ice as well; Kowalski is fit and the best in the league, can't understand why Green was in goal.
JonnyJ

28th Sep 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-2 win over Blaze tonight. OT winner with 5 seconds remaining. Lost to Devils last night by the same score in OT.

How did Panthers get on Rich?
RichR
Premium Member

28th Sep 14 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even worth mentioning! 6-1 down at home to Hull last night is terrible - at least we beat Hamburg in the CHL midweek but yet again, this year we'll concentrate on the wrong things.
Aaron

28th Sep 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great win for us last night, but we got beat at home against the clan just now. Our team seems to have the attacking greatness which is needed to win,but we just can't finish.

I have little confidence in our ability to do anything with the power play.

To be fair through, the clan keeper won them the game tonight. hull had far more shots on target. Our NHL reject keeper let a goal in from the equivalent of the halfway line in during a football match I wish we had Browns from last year, but he went to Cardiff.

[Edited on 28-09-2014 by Aaron]
RichR
Premium Member

4th Oct 14 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sheffield beat us convincingly tonight, evens out our challenge cup points from our win over you Jonny.
JonnyJ

4th Oct 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye just seen that Rich, been working all day and just checked up on Twitter. Did you go?
RichR
Premium Member

4th Oct 14 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, got offered tickets but got dragged to a 3rd birthday party instead - not sure if that was actually a good thing seeing the result!
Aaron

5th Oct 14 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping for our first home win of the season tonight
Aaron

5th Oct 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
I'm hoping for our first home win of the season tonight

Well it didn't happen. We got beaten by Dundee who, to be honet, were an absolute pile of shit in the first period.

We should have had at least 3 in the net in the first, but we failed to get any.

Went down 2 - 5 in the end.

Our keeper is a pile of shit. No wonder he didn't get anywhere in the NHL.
Aaron

26th Oct 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 - 1 home win against a poor Fife tonight. We should have won by at least 5, but our power play is still a steaming pile of horse dung.

[Edited on 26-10-2014 by Aaron]
JonnyJ

24th Feb 15 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing game tonight. Panthers 4-6 Steelers, 7-7 on agg, Steelers win on PS.

Steelers went 3-0 up inside 6 minutes, Panthers scored 3 quick goals in the 2nd period. 3rd period it goes 3-4, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6.

Young lad making his debut in net for the Steelers too.

Into the Challenge cup final and a massive game against Braehead coming up which could be decisive in deciding the title in an incredibly tight battle at the top

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Elite Ice Hockey 23 database queries in 0.0112660 seconds