corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » V6 Mk4 Astra Sri Gsi lookalike now with added youtube clips

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author V6 Mk4 Astra Sri Gsi lookalike now with added youtube clips
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
13th Feb 14 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great this. Love the smooth number plate lamp and relocation. Exactly where it should have been from factory!
cheekyalex

13th Feb 14 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Andy. Ive only ever seen one other mk4 Astra with the number plate light relocated like mine. Soon as i seen it i thought the same thing as you, should have come out the factory like that!

Another little update

Its been around a year since the old paintwork was given a good detailing, could ideally do with a polish to get it looking just like the newly sprayed bumper. As soon as its warm enough i will get out there with the buffer

This is how it looked after a quick wash back in november

Still looks pretty sweet in the rain with a nice background though

[Edited on 16-02-2014 by cheekyalex]
N16K

13th Feb 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always liked the Mk4 , loving this build.
cheekyalex

14th Feb 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
Always liked the Mk4 , loving this build.

Cheers . I actually prefare this shape to the mk5.

This project thread is almost up to date now. Car looks pretty much like above with just few small changes which I will add later.
cheekyalex

15th Feb 14 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a battery bag for the winter

cheekyalex

15th Feb 14 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swaped my Sparco seats over to the standard coupe leather .

'old' Seats ready to come out

Got to love how easy astra seats come out (just 2 bolts)

Although that said, the original seats where a nightmare to get out the first time as the bolts where rusted/ rounded so needed cutting out. Luckily had non of that drama this time

The coupe seats did have some bolster wear and some scratches which was repaired using a diy kit . Forgot to get some before pictures but very pleased with the results. As you can see in the pictures they look great (its very rare to see coupe seats looking this good

The whole interior has been given a quick clean with some cheap leather wipes. They came up looking fresher then i thought consiering the wipes where only from the pound shop

I have other plans for my Sparco seats so will probably be sticking with these now. Quite happy with how they look, but do miss the support from the old seats,they really did hold you in tight going round the bends. Feel a bit like a dog in the back of a van sliding round in these seats. The coupe ones are a lot easier to get in and out of though, and are heated too which is a bonus in the winter

cheekyalex

15th Feb 14 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got round to doing one of those small jobs you wish you done sooner. Replacing the standard mfd bulbs for LED's (using the same 5050 smds as the speedo)

As its been over a year since fitting my piano black center console(which i painted myself) i gave it a quick polish with some auto glym srp as it had accumulated a few minor scratches over time.

Couldnt resist a little reflection shot, the finish is so flawless it actually looks like the rain drops from out side are beading on the center console . Quite a bizzar effect

Replaced the LEDS for the heater dials but accidentaly knocked one out of place when re fitting as only one side has lit up, oops.

cheekyalex

16th Feb 14 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered some brand new drop links for this. Ready to fit this week
cheekyalex

16th Feb 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Led strips fitted in bootlid. Drilled a small hole for the cable then sealed it all in with the glue gun. The strips are self adhesive but didn't want to take any chances. They literally been water pressure tested up to 100bar thanks to the jet wash. happy to report they still work just fine

cheekyalex

16th Feb 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolted the front bumper properly in place. As we had a bit of ok weather i gave the car a quick clean, and polish with some auto glym srp. Plastics and rubbers have been treated with auto glym bumper care. Then quick going over with some 3m detail spray . Here are the results

Smoothed out number plate light is one of my favorite little subtle mods on this car

Straitened up the rear number plate too, another one of those little jobs that's needed doing for over 2 years and only just got round to getting it done :S

[Edited on 16-02-2014 by cheekyalex]
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 14 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm seriously liking this car
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 14 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got a link for the LED's Alex? Way back When I used to make the kits up and sell them but no idea where's the best place to get them from now as there are so many
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 14 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedo etc I'm meaning....
cheekyalex

17th Feb 14 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant remember who i got them off now, it was over a 2 years ago i bought the speedo LED's. How many are you after? I might have some left over as i bought quite a few of them (about 50). I will have a look tomorrow to see if i have any left.
CORSA NUT

17th Feb 14 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arrrrr no worries I'll just get a kit off eBay and hope there bright enough
cheekyalex

18th Feb 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just found quite a few of the blue LEDs .I've got no use for them now so you can have a set to convert your own dials for just a fiver plus postage if you don't want to take a chance on eBay . At least you know what these ones look like
cheekyalex

18th Feb 14 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some engine bay pictures.

Touched up some scratches on the slam panel that have accumulated over time from tools etc. Also touched up some other bits under the engine bay like the ugly screws holding the headlamps, and some scratches on the fire wall. I know it rarely gets seen but if your going to put a kind of unusual/ nice enough looking engine conversion under the bonnet its kind of rude not to have the rest of the engine bay looking at least a little bittidy

Have tarted up all the hoses and plastics with some auto glym rubber restorer

cheekyalex

18th Feb 14 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LED day time running light pictures.

colonel_g

19th Feb 14 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a great project. I personally loved it wearing the irmscher kit but it is def a looker now.

Well done bud
jorded94

19th Feb 14 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very mean, yet discreet at the same time... love it
CORSA NUT

19th Feb 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyalex
I've just found quite a few of the blue LEDs .I've got no use for them now so you can have a set to convert your own dials for just a fiver plus postage if you don't want to take a chance on eBay . At least you know what these ones look like

Oh sound

Message me your PayPal and I'll fire it over with my address
cheekyalex

19th Feb 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jorded94
Looks very mean, yet discreet at the same time... love it

Pretty much the look I was hoping for

Sounds pretty mean too
cheekyalex

20th Feb 14 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the leather interior some treatment. After doing some reading up on what the best product to use on leather. Pretty much everyone recommends glipton leather conditioner as its the best for making the leather feel soft,and bringing back the new leather smell.

Before

Products ready to use

Plan was to give the leather a good clean with a scrubbing brush and leather cleaner, Then a quick steam clean with microfibre clothes to lift all the dirt out.

Leather cleaner worked into the seats

After going over with the steam cleaner

Being black leather its hard to tell how dirty is, but as you can see from the microfiber they where pretty filth

Added bonus of using the steam cleaner is it really softens the leather, and opens up the pours ready for conditioning

on the Left has been treated with the gliptone leather conditioner (the darker patch)

all done

The final result doesn't look all that different in the pictures, but the seats now feel much softer, and really do have that new leather smell. Would highly recommend the gliptone stuff
cheekyalex

23rd Feb 14 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the grey floor and boot carpets a decent clean with a wet vac. Bought a vax carpet cleaner off ebay locally a few months ago for just £20, even came with all the attachments etc, bargain.

Some before pictures

Took the front seats out to make life easier,as it literally only takes about 5 minutes to take both out. Was plenty more room and was able to clean the normally hard to reach areas with ease.

Used some Vax carpet cleaning solution in a bucket, worked into the carpet with a stiff brush to help lift any stains.

Smells lovely this stuff.

Can see some of the dirt etc it drags out of the carpet, which no amount of normal dry vacuuming managed to lift

Drivers side done, just need to do the passenger side and boot carpet

I didn't have much hopes for the boot carpet coming up any better as its had a bit of a hard life, not that fussed either to be honest as its just the boot after all.

Went over some of the oil stains with some panel wipe degreaser on a rag before going over with the carpet cleaner

Left side done

Lifted a shit loads of dirt out, but was still looking pretty dirty so decided to give it a jetwash before going over it again.

Looks much better this time

Didnt realise how bad they where until i seen what was inside the hoover :S

By the time i had finished it had gone dark, so will need to get some pictures of it all finished when i get the chance
cheekyalex

23rd Feb 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some pictures of my newly cleaned carpets

Car Smells like brand new inside now

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » V6 Mk4 Astra Sri Gsi lookalike now with added youtube clips 23 database queries in 0.1806540 seconds