corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2014
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
7th Jan 14 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is my mountain bike. a trek fuel ex6 2012 model. its done 1200 miles in 11 months of ownership on various terrains/conditions/all weathers. really like the bike a lot. i think its great just lacks enough travel and head angle for some of the stuff I've been doing lately.

just fitted the lizard skins grips to it. look almost pro if you ask me. thought id go for red just for my youtube videos now i have go pro bra cam.
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 14 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/funn-fatboy-riser-bar-785mm/rp-prod91532

might give them a go for some more added red colours and width.
Cole

7th Jan 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnes your bike definatly has an octalink bb not a press fit if it did have your cranks would be hollowtech which in the pic yours clearly does not have so buy one of them
Doug

7th Jan 14 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Blog/New_safety_video/New_safety_video.aspx
Rick Draper

7th Jan 14 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
http://www.mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Blog/New_safety_video/New_safety_video.aspx

As if that will happen if its a Strava segment
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 14 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horse people are arrogant cunts. They go out looking to cause issues.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

As if that will happen if its a Strava segment

In fairness, you're not going to encounter them on single track, just on forest fire roads if at all.

They filmed that at Nant-y-Arian, my old local trail centre just outside Aberystwyth. Great centre.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Horse people are arrogant cunts. They go out looking to cause issues.

Because posting baiting comments just for a reaction is not looking to cause issues.
Cole

8th Jan 14 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree with barnes doug we have nothing but issues with horse riders on our local trails some are ok but most think that riders shouldnt be there because we cause more damage when horses clearly do much more
Nic Barnes

8th Jan 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bit.ly/KwAFKm

Safety first, warn horse people that us bikers at about.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's where the issues come from. They are not your local trails, it is a local forest with multi rights access.

Both sides obviously feel the most entitled to carry out their activity over others. Their argument will be that the bikes cause more damage as you are building trails which is obviously a massive disruption to the ground.

On the other hand the way a horse turns up wet ground can't even be compared to a bike. They trash ground 10x worse than a bike could manage.

People just need to learn to get a long, and people on horses seriously need to learn how to say the words 'thank you' to people that go out of their way to ensure they don't cause problems for others.

People accept the risks of both types of riding. I've never had a problem when out riding with either cyclists or riders. Being polite isn't too much effort.

I can't imagine Nic would deliberately go out of his way to carry out an action that could lead to someone getting hurt. He is just saying that as he is on the internetz. I imagine everyone else is the same. If not there is something seriously wrong with people.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://bit.ly/KwAFKm

Safety first, warn horse people that us bikers at about.

FMPSL

I can picture the Strava KOM kings using those at trail centres to get inferior bikers out of the way.
Nic Barnes

8th Jan 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where have I said someone is getting hurt?
Nic Barnes

8th Jan 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the people on bikes that don't want to get along.
Jimbothebarbarian

8th Jan 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my mates nearly had a huge wipe out due to some old feck walkers wandering up a very fast downhill section that was clearly marked on maps and clearly signposted as a bike only route. One lad stopped and very politely pointed out this to them and was met with a barrage of abuse!

The thing is we nearly necked ourselves to miss hitting them but in their eyes it's our fault. Don't get me wrong 99% of the time everyone gets on but the ignorant minority will be the ones to fuck it up.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The link to the 100db+ air horn, using that would only have the purpose of startling others which could likely cause injury to those involved.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Me and my mates nearly had a huge wipe out due to some old feck walkers wandering up a very fast downhill section that was clearly marked on maps and clearly signposted as a bike only route. One lad stopped and very politely pointed out this to them and was met with a barrage of abuse!

The thing is we nearly necked ourselves to miss hitting them but in their eyes it's our fault. Don't get me wrong 99% of the time everyone gets on but the ignorant minority will be the ones to fuck it up.

It's normally dog walkers I find. Encountered them a few times the wrong way on single track!
Nic Barnes

8th Jan 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The link to the 100db+ air horn, using that would only have the purpose of startling others which could likely cause injury to those involved.
i know you're big into horse riding so there is no point trying to discuss anything as you're already classing the cyclists in the wrong.
Doug

8th Jan 14 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually mention riders are more in the wrong than cyclists. They often forget to thank people or feel more entitled.
There are more stories of them being rude than cyclists being rude, at least as far as my experience goes.

I just posted the link as it is common sense and those that ride in trail centres typically wouldn't have come up against it before as the forestry Commision do a great job keeping the various activities separate.
Ant B

9th Jan 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really trying to get in to this,i no its not much but i do at least 3 mile a day round the village but then the otherday got carried away and done 17.3 but my arse hurt after lol,would padded shorts help
bit gutted now tho as when i was cleaning it yesterday i notiched a really lose spoke,so have now had to take it in to leasure lakes for wheels truing and a service,and also become a vip member there so i now get discount on everything
Cole

9th Jan 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

padded shorts help massively
Jimbothebarbarian

9th Jan 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Padded shorts are a must mate.

In other news went out for the first time this year, in fact first time in knocking on for a month. To say the festive period has hurt my already poor performance would be an understatement! Fuck me it hurt!

Took Ella the pup out for her on going trail training and filmed her on the 'idiotcam' alas she ended up hurting herself on the south loop at Whinlatter took a tumble I think. She's cut a pad on her front paw and pulled something in her back leg. So off to the vets in the morning. Took an age to walk back with her, poor little cunt, still wanted to go like fuck!

Vids to come if they ever upload. Living in the sticks means the shitest broadband ever...
Cole

9th Jan 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jim I feel your pain I was the same last night only done 8 miles but had 1000ft of climbing not massive compared to barnes 9000000ft he does in 100yrds uo your way but when the climb lasts for nearly 6 of them to start it kills you
Jimbothebarbarian

9th Jan 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol! I was in fucking bits like...
Rick Draper

10th Jan 14 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riding FOD tomorrow, should be interesting.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014 23 database queries in 0.1110809 seconds