corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » WEDNESDAY THREAD

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WEDNESDAY THREAD
Robbo

User status: Offline
5th Dec 13 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
In fairness, Utd hit the post and the bar tonight

they don't count as shots on target so they might as well of hit the corner flag

We were fucking shite. We play crap boring to watch football at the moment. How we beat Bayer 5-0 last week I don't know
2nd placed in the BL Bayer too!
Robbo

5th Dec 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
howard webb has favoured the other team than newcastle the most in all the newcastle games he has refereed awarding 89% of decisions against newcastle united.

interesting.
just picked up a ticket for the newc away match on 29th dec 7hr coach ride ftl...
Robbo

5th Dec 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
Mental Arsenal team selection. Arteta, Giroud, Walcott & Wilshere on the bench. Might backfire!

I would've won the game by 60 then subbed off.

AVB proving useless at man management once more- Soldado struggling for confidence and goals, yet is dropped.
we had to rotate - our next 4 games before Xmas are Everton, Napoli, City and CHelsea! Then West Ham, Newcastle and Cardiff beteen Xmas and NYD! He did the right thing. Piss easy win anyway, always going to be. 6 clean sheets in the last 7 games too, tightest defenc ein Europes top leagues too

True, it worked anyway and Bendtner made of lot of Arsenal fans and other football fans shut up within 2 minutes!
They're looking very very strong but as you say, next 4 games will be a big test.

Depends which leagues you count around Europe, but best defence at the moment is Lille in Ligue 1. Just the 11 clean sheets in a row!
yes good point 0- had forgotten about lille! their squad looks really poor on paper too
JonnyJ

5th Dec 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Everyone lolling at United now, be careful what you wish for, if united are no longer at the forefront then someone else will be, and apart from arsenal and perhaps Liverpool the alternatives are success through rich owners, short term foreign managers, and who can buy the most expensive foreign players, I can understand the desire to see a long standing successful team fail, but believe me the alternatives will annoy you more and detriment English football as a whole if that becomes the way to get success.

That said although wenger is a French cunt, I think arsenal do it better than most of the others and if anyone else steps up I hope it's them.

[Edited on 05-12-2013 by Steve]

The premier league is detriment to English football so quite honestly i couldnt give a fuck, i hope it crumbles, after all, big money owners was always going to happen given the stupid amount of money pumped into that league, money attracts money, so you get what you deserve. It would be quite ironic if certain teams started moaning about big money teams dominating the league.

And luckily, with only having a passing interest in the premier league, it wont bother me in the slightest who wins. Will be interesting to see how many Man Utd "fans" stick with them though, especially the more casual ones. We've already seen on here a lack of interest in the season from some. How long before we hear "cant really be arsed with football anymore, its boring now" if a different team dominate.
mwg

5th Dec 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The person following SAF was in for a hiding to nothing. Although I still believe Moyes will turn it around.

Suarez will be the hottest property in World football come next Summer if not before. He is pure class.
agreed, still think theyll finish in the top 4 come the end of the season. usual top 4 for me, irrespective wih SPuds, Liverpool and Everton fighting for 5-7th

The league is gone for us, it was a while ago. Can you imagine if we didn't get in the top 4

I'm going to stick behind Moyes for now. Very hard to follow on from SAF and there was definitely some kind of fuck up in the summer with regards to transfers, whether that was his fault or not I don't know. Just got to see where we end up this season then hope he does some decent business next summer. After that it'll be fair to judge whether he is the man for the job or not
Marc

5th Dec 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but, Europa League
Robbo

5th Dec 13 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to do some significant restructuring IMO, and probably shoudl start sooner rather than later. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs (obvs) and even RVP are all getting older and will need replacing. Still some doubts about the likes of De Gea, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Rafael etc. under Moyes and whether they'll reach the levels that Fergie expecte dof them, especially with some of the olde rplayers getting on. Then you have the likes of Anderson, Nani, Young, Kagawa (not his fault IMO) who just arent perforing and Rooney who's 18 mths away from being a free agent and miht be pissed off at how he was treated the last 12 months.
Marc

5th Dec 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you need to do some significant restructuring IMO, and probably shoudl start sooner rather than later. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs (obvs) and even RVP are all getting older and will need replacing. Still some doubts about the likes of De Gea, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Rafael etc. under Moyes and whether they'll reach the levels that Fergie expecte dof them, especially with some of the olde rplayers getting on. Then you have the likes of Anderson, Nani, Young, Kagawa (not his fault IMO) who just arent perforing and Rooney who's 18 mths away from being a free agent and miht be pissed off at how he was treated the last 12 months.

Vidic should be ok for a few seasons yet. Rio will last another season if used sparringly. Evra might leave and Giggs will play one more season. RVP we should get a few seasons out of.

De Gea is getting better and stronger, I don't see any problems with him. Agreed about Evans and Jones, I think Smalling will be ok. Rafael has been injured and will be a relief when he is back.

Anderson it is probably time he moved on, I expected him to be an attacking midfielder and would be more prolific in front of goal. Then when it was announced he would be the new Paul Scholes I thought he would control the game more. This hasn't happened. Nani should go too, was always in Ronaldo's shadow and after he left he never really stepped up and is still inconsistant. Young needs to stay on his feet, he isn't United quality. He looked good at Villa for a reason. Kagawa needs to be given a good run of games, he is probably along with Rooney our best chance of getting some form together.

I still rue the fact we sold Park.
mwg

5th Dec 13 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd get rid of Anderson, Nani and Young. Probably Kagawa too but like you say through no fault of his own but he clearly isn't going to make proper use of him.

Give Zaha a chance.

Put Jones in as a defensive midfielder to tide us over. Not sure where Fellaini fits in to all this so buy at least 1 other midfielder to begin replacing Carrick as and when the time comes.
Marc

5th Dec 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to mention Fellaini. Not feeling him.
Nic Barnes

5th Dec 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great signing
Russ

5th Dec 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Brother posted this, I don't understand it??

its spread betting, lost £20
Rick Draper

5th Dec 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be the most pathetic title defence ever?
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do think fergie got out at the right time, he did make an average squad look good. It would have been interesting to see who fergie would have bought in if he was still there

Ill stick with moyes as its not all of his fault, but he's got to take some of the blame aswell, we defiantly need to sign some players in January and defiantly the summer and get rid of the player now that arnt good enough for united which is most of the midfield!

April 08 feature car
Marc

5th Dec 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've had dodgy midfields for years! This is probably our worst!
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Paul Scholes would get a game still

April 08 feature car
Conway563

5th Dec 13 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/CiT-4V3IZFQ

Still got the touch, fitness looks like it might need some work
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've seen that , defiantly still got it

April 08 feature car
Hammer

5th Dec 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

Blackburn Rovers 95/96.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up to five players been banded about to be got rid of in Jan

For some reason sneijder rumours are back on the scene
Ben G

6th Dec 13 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Man utd

Newcastle
did you win this week sweaty man?

Did you?
Robbo

6th Dec 13 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
nothing can possibly be worse than City's "defence" last season.
chrisritch

6th Dec 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Man utd

Newcastle
did you win this week sweaty man?

Did you?

Love that he calls you sweaty man but surely there isn't anything more sweaty than a mud splattered northener on a mountain bike?
Ben G

6th Dec 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has so little self confidence that he feels the need to abuse others over a computer screen in order to feel better about himself

think of him as the fat cunt kid that bullies all the others who aren't overweight.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » WEDNESDAY THREAD 24 database queries in 0.1921830 seconds