corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bitcoin

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bitcoin
James

User status: Offline
8th Apr 14 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not read a single positive article about BitCoin recently. IMO this gravy train has left the station. I'll happily be proved wrong but I think those that only got involved recently have missed the boat.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Apr 14 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left ages ago.

Pretty much as soon as it started getting posted on forums
John

8th Apr 14 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J will already be onto the next big thing that we won't know about for 6 months.
Russ

8th Apr 14 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope his dad doesnt stop him
James

25th May 17 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I've not read a single positive article about BitCoin recently. IMO this gravy train has left the station. I'll happily be proved wrong but I think those that only got involved recently have missed the boat.

I was only slightly wrong
James

25th May 17 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J, Dan and Brett must be retired by now?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th May 17 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it - that guy who gave a grand for 1 Bitcoin on the first page now has something worth £1827 having waited 4 years, not a bad return at 17% ish but also not the best news when you consider how little form it all had.

Seems to have been doing well this month though, who would have thought that ransomware could be so inflationary.
Dan
Premium Member

26th May 17 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Get back to me when one of you makes their first 10k and I will be first to eat some humble pie.

[Edited on 11-12-2013 by Steve]

Feel free to start eating it now...

All you fuckers slating this and saying it was too late and I missed the boat. I wish you was all still here!!

I'm not talking exact figures but I was sitting on over 10 million reddcoin a that just went through the roof.

Also made a few old members considerably happy by returning there share from 2014...

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 17 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does that equate to in actual liquid pounds?
Dan
Premium Member

27th May 17 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thousands.

And today it's crashed majorly.

Happy days. I'm gonna buy back in now &#128076;

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th May 17 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's it used for?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 17 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actual thousands you could spend in B&Q or hypothetical thousands that when you try and cash out you crash the market? I know it has an exchange rate but it strikes me that whenever anyone wants their money suddenly its not worth what it purports to be.
Dan
Premium Member

27th May 17 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actual GBP.

Sat in my account.

Ian
Site Administrator

28th May 17 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Curious to see the figures, as I said about that guy in the first post, he's got a 17% return PA which compares favorably to other investments but was certainly higher risk.
Toby
Premium Member

29th May 17 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Curious to see the figures, as I said about that guy in the first post, he's got a 17% return PA which compares favorably to other investments but was certainly higher risk.

A great ROI but a long way from the first boom.

I bought one and half coins back in 2012 to purchase something online, which i never actually spent. I paid a little under £18. That returned £1164. Around 3000% return PA.

Having said that wish i kept hold of it!!
Cavey

5th Jun 17 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Get back to me when one of you makes their first 10k and I will be first to eat some humble pie.

[Edited on 11-12-2013 by Steve]

Feel free to start eating it now...

All you fuckers slating this and saying it was too late and I missed the boat. I wish you was all still here!!

I'm not talking exact figures but I was sitting on over 10 million reddcoin a that just went through the roof.

Also made a few old members considerably happy by returning there share from 2014...

I've got 150,000 Redd remaining from the 1,000,000 you had stashed away for us... cashed the 850,000 for around £1,200 ... annoyingly if I'd waited another day to cash my last amount (200,000) I would have made about double what I did as the price has gone up quite considerably again, as has Bitcoin, now heading toward £2,100 a coin.
Andrew

14th Sep 17 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently mining Etherum coins
Using a couple of 580s, might get a couple of 1070s as well

Made an offer on a mates 480 but he's holding out for more money

Hoping to move my rig into works data centre
Andrew

30th Sep 17 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

480 now sitting In my rack
DC90

7th Dec 17 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, who's loaded?
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Dec 17 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its far too volatile for me, 10% peak differential per day is a frightening prospect with real money. Fair play for anyone who has braved it but my word what a ride.
Cavey

7th Dec 17 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold mine, in total for around £2,500 in June

Needed money for Disneyland Paris, it's now around 4 times the value I got for it. Would have cleared all my debt pretty much.

Shit.

[Edited on 07-12-2017 by Cavey]
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Dec 17 at 00:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're up though right?

There will be losers as well, even though its still on the up just now I wouldn't put real money anywhere near it myself.
DC90

8th Dec 17 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easy to imagine what you could have had, Cavey. You've done better than most of us who never touched it at all!

[Edited on 08-12-2017 by DC90]
Ste
Premium Member

8th Dec 17 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
can't help you with that, but was an article on the BBC website of a guy going to a tip to try and find his hard drive from a few.months before because he had $1m worth on it

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25146685

Edit - £4.6m

[Edited on 01-12-2013 by Cavey]

£127,500,000 at todays price

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 17 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd never get that much though, it'd crash before you were anywhere near liquidating one million never mind 127 of them.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll