corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's supercharged Astra coupe 2.2 race car build

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dewismotorsport's supercharged Astra coupe 2.2 race car build
dewismotorsport

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
makes a real difference the 2.5" down pipe to cat section. remember doing my Vectra
yours looks sweet

Yeah noticeable change in pick up, no idea why they fitted such a restrictive down pipe, cheers
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 05:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does seem mad when its 2.5" at the manifold, then straight into the pre cat then down to 1.75" to the main cat?? what ever they were thinking when they made that at vauxhall
dewismotorsport

10th Jul 14 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the car to Snetterton on Monday and had a great day, car was fault free, still massively underpowered but I was able to chuck it around well enough and brake late thanks to the brake upgrades.

Few videos of the day:

Me verses my two mates in there stripped out and tuned clio's, getting a bit held up in the bends which got a bit annoying
http://youtu.be/4GfSj8vtfQ4

And this one is of me chasing down and overtaking a supercharged Lotus Exige, he wasn't impressed when he seen I had a standard engine in it
http://youtu.be/1nres8JUYT4

Had a great day and the car was faultless, and best of all I drove it there and back
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

punish those tyres!!
dewismotorsport

11th Jul 14 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
punish those tyres!!

On 888's on this and 100% won't be buying them again they go off after about 4-5 laps compared to the A048's or dunlops
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know if there is a difference between 3 door astra tweeter housing and coupe tweeter housing?
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
quote:
punish those tyres!!

On 888's on this and 100% won't be buying them again they go off after about 4-5 laps compared to the A048's or dunlops

Yup, on heavy cars they do trnd to drop off quite rapid.. Id would suggest trying the newish zzr avons, thats what im gunna go for next.
dewismotorsport

12th Jul 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
do you know if there is a difference between 3 door astra tweeter housing and coupe tweeter housing?

Random but yeah I'd of thought there is due to the A pillar being different
dewismotorsport

12th Jul 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
punish those tyres!!

Yup, on heavy cars they do trnd to drop off quite rapid.. Id would suggest trying the newish zzr avons, thats what im gunna go for next.

I'll give them a look into once I've polished these off, probably got another 2 days in them if I'm lucky.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Jul 14 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol. 888's on mine usually last about 8-10k and 3/4 trackdays
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jul 14 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

Random but yeah I'd of thought there is due to the A pillar being different

gutted cheers.

looks like ive got 3 door ones
Jed D

13th Jul 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Made a bracket to hold the cooler pump
[url=http://s693.photobucket.com/user/dewismotorsport/media/22F9F6B7-54F0-4E25-8D8A-00A587C1B450_zpsymiek0f3.jpg.html]]

theres a GM one available from the states i think mate. good stuff though
dewismotorsport

14th Jul 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lol. 888's on mine usually last about 8-10k and 3/4 trackdays

These have done 3 days now well 2 1/2 as oulton was wet in the morning

Yeah seen that Jed but didn't come in my kit and can't be arsed to pay import tax etc just for a bracket
dewismotorsport

3rd Oct 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done hardly anything to the car unfortuneatly as I cut my finger at work when a bit of metal spat out the chop saw and severed 3/4's of the flesh, cutting through 50% of the tendons and nerves......oops!

Thought while it was still numb I'd nip back into work and finish the job I was doing as didn't want to miss my deadline!

Probably not my best idea!

After surgery work gave me 9 weeks off work which the bordom nearly killed me. Whilest off my exhaust back box died and just made the car ridiculously loud so I thought I'd get powerflow to make me one as it only worked out about £100 more than me buying the bits and building it myself. Dropped the car down there with two requests, make it quiet and hidden. Picked it up and it was louder than when I dropped it down there and really badly fitting, so told them to sort it, picked up again and it was still loud but just couldn't be arsed to deal with the retards again so took it away, had a full 2.5" system done and it feels less restrictive.

Once back at work I ironed out a few of the exhausts flaws and most importantly added a supertrap to the end. I modified it slightly as I wanted it to remain hidden under the car

And all welded on

Car is now so much quieter, it is just louder than standard but with a nice burble when under load so I'm really happy again as I'd started to hate driving it.
dewismotorsport

8th Oct 14 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilest off work the drop link holder decided to snap off the coilover and jammed in the wheel so I've bought some new ones and will get the damper off and make a new mounting tab for it to sit in

Also while I was clearing my dads house out I found an old sub and amp that I got with a car years back so decided to wire it in as I quite missed the extra bass at times, made it so it's easily removeable, just need to buy a switch so I can turn it off and on via the remote lead as tbh I don't really always want it on and not sure kids will be too keen either

dewismotorsport

10th Oct 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to finally take the engine out and fit the bits I've been acquiring, so whipped it out

So far I've fitted a new clutch slave cyclinder, two new driveshaft oil seals, cool running thermostat, the lightweight flywheel and a newer clutch

While out I mixed up the expoxy resin and filled up two of the three main mounts, just ordered some more as the tape failed on the first attempt so I lost loads so ran out

Back in tomorrow to finish off
ianofbhills

11th Oct 14 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wound looks nasty.
Love how you get 9 weeks off work and crack on with the car jobs.
dewismotorsport

11th Oct 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
That wound looks nasty.
Love how you get 9 weeks off work and crack on with the car jobs.

Stuff needs to get done still

Back in today and whipped the chains off and removed the balancer shafts

Bearings pushed in 7.5mm and cut down balancer shafts fitted, annoyingly the FAI kit didn't come with the right guides (had two the same) so had to re use one and I also re used the GM bolts as the ones with it looked a bit Mikey mouse

All bolted back together and put in the car only to find the slave cylinder leaked on bleeding so out came the engine again, turned out to be the O ring on top of the pipe above gearbox but it had filled the gearbox so hard to tell but all cleaned out and check and re assemble and engine back in the car and bleed up again and it all worked with no leaks so will be back in tomorrow to re fit everything between watching the BTCC
rustyarchs

19th Oct 14 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really enjoying this right up until the finger pic and fuck that looked bloody sore !! awesome thread
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good old fai chain kits! don't know how they get away with selling them?
life span 20/30k, genuine gm kits 100k.
finger looks bad, hope it heals ok for ya.
dewismotorsport

20th Oct 14 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
really enjoying this right up until the finger pic and fuck that looked bloody sore !! awesome thread

Cheers mate appreciate it

Weirdly wasn't sore when I did it because the nerve got cut but hurts more now it's been re joined
dewismotorsport

20th Oct 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
good old fai chain kits! don't know how they get away with selling them?
life span 20/30k, genuine gm kits 100k.
finger looks bad, hope it heals ok for ya.

Yeah agree I really wasn't happy with the quality and have since removed the big gear and replaced with a GM part again, also re used all GM bolts. 100% will get a GM balancer chain when it gets forged
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Oct 14 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never use or recommend them to any one unless it was to repair a noise chain to get a quick sale. even then I wouldn't be sure it would last!
glad I sent mine back and got a gm set, cost £500 but piece of mined now its charged and going forged + lightend and balanced bottom end.
planning the next project car already with a z22se
dewismotorsport

21st Oct 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would never use or recommend them to any one unless it was to repair a noise chain to get a quick sale. even then I wouldn't be sure it would last!
glad I sent mine back and got a gm set, cost £500 but piece of mined now its charged and going forged + lightend and balanced bottom end.
planning the next project car already with a z22se

Yeah kind of wished I had but it was already in bits by the time I noticed but will once I forge one. Happy days with the new project

Got it all back together and car feels more lively and responsive but had to remove the expoxy out of the gearbox side mount as it just vibrated too much through the car, so started chipping it out but pierced the rubber causing the oil to leak

So got a new one ordered and fitted and all is good, still a bit of vibration through the car with the front dog bone still solid but I will see if I can live with it. Took it on the test track at work and the engine no longer lunges forward and back under hard braking and acceleration so will feel better once on track next.
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Oct 14 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could try liquid rubber in your mounts.
im using vibra technics front mount and its great. I know of others with this in astras too.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dewismotorsport's supercharged Astra coupe 2.2 race car build 23 database queries in 0.2006609 seconds